Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Sack the Trolls

Posters on this message board get away with too much trolling as far as I am concerned and the nuggets of good reasoned debate are increasingly hard to find.

Freedom of speech? Right- there are a number who seek to stifle it while claiming the right to free opinion.

They bully, they abuse, they spout invective and bile towards any who disagree. they throw around wild and increasingly hysterical accusations which often veer towards the defamatory.

Don''t demonstrate against the Board- demonstrate against the trolls.

Good un, it''s no coincidence that there are more threads like this poping up and there are a few people out there just to cause friction, it makes them feel important., i replied to a post earlier called

The sad decline of this messageboard .
It is the minority who think that upsetting fans is the way to make them change their views and beliefs.

Have to third this i am afraid. There are a small minority of posters on here for who everything  is about hate. Sadly this desire casts over reasoned debate about our club.   

I agree that there is too much flaming and having  read the description there is no doubt that we are in an troll war.  The classic symptoms of one side ridiculing others view point by calling them tahn supporters, going back to ipswich,  not true supporters, having their heads in the sand, not having a valid viewpoint or swallowing the club spin is matched by the equally unsavourary requested to ban wiz, cluck, smudger etc etc.  Posts directed at individual posters are evidence that both sides on this troill war are entrenched.

I find neither side attractive, and dislike the oneline put downs of dicky, a load of squit and herb etc as much as the monotonous diatribe from the perceived enemy of wiz, cluck & Smudger.  However everyone of those posters just named have written eloquently about the issues of the club so that their passion is explained to readers. Even if its not a view I agree with it is at least possible to discuss and understand.   However these posts are too few and things soon revert to type.   

As far as possible I try to refuse to be drawn into these discussions - but I do find it difficult to let it lie as Vic Reeves might say.  However by failing to give these flamers oxygen the posts will soon disappear off the bottom of the page,  and by sticking to the issues rather than personalities you get a footballing debate and also get ignored by the trollers who eventually realise that you will not enter the troll war.

Whether there is any possibilty of a ceasefire is impossible to say - as the other thread mentions this has been going on since the middle of the prem season...