Sign in to follow this  
chipster

message to club

just watched stoke loose at home in front of half empty ground and leave the field to a chourus of boos, this is comming from a team that is just out of the play offs and comming off the back of a big win against one of the top sides, we on the other hand have been beaten at home by some of the weakest teams, the only thing we have had to shout about is a hole hearted performance against chelski where we lost 4nil and yet the club seems agast at how the fans are not aplauding poor performances week in week out, just a few questions

if we are so short where is colin, one of our more consistant performers, should it not not be all hands to the pump?

where are the loan signings, one of the most redundant things i have ever seen is our transfer msg board, what a joke!we never sign any one

etuhu why are you wondering why the fans are let down by you when you can play like you did the other week and yet drift around when we really need you?

set pieces...... for so long now we cant defend them and we cant threaten, it has looked better going forward with lappin and fozzy but surly the defence can work on there jobs at set plays?

why do we defend so deep? it just alows teams to contorl us, our forwards are isolated and we bring teams on to us, its been like this for way too long

where is the leader on the pitch? it seems very clicky with only dublin able to unite the players

what is wrong with our club?

[quote user="chipster"]

where is the leader on the pitch? it seems very clicky with only dublin able to unite the players

[/quote]

This is the thing that worrys me most. There seems to be no collective team spirit. There is no togetherness like we had in 2004. Player for player we are possibly better than then but as a team we are light years away.

it seems very clicky

Thats the impression I have - the problem with the club is we seem to have a squad of individuals rather than a united team.   It was the team spirit that got us promoted to the prem,  it looks like we could get relegated with no fight or spirit.  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

it seems very clicky

Thats the impression I have - the problem with the club is we seem to have a squad of individuals rather than a united team.   It was the team spirit that got us promoted to the prem,  it looks like we could get relegated with no fight or spirit.  

[/quote]

I guess we are stuck in a transition. Some people know they are leaving in the summer. Others want to go. Wherever we are, the summer will be a massive spring clean and I think will do everyone a world of good. We have to, some how and some way, avoid relegation so that we really gain some benefit from the summer.

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

it seems very clicky

[/quote]

I guess we are stuck in a transition. Some people know they are leaving in the summer. Others want to go. Wherever we are, the summer will be a massive spring clean and I think will do everyone a world of good. We have to, some how and some way, avoid relegation so that we really gain some benefit from the summer.

[/quote]

I think there definitely divided groups within the squad. The change of manager could have been a factor here - obviously you''ve got the players who were there when Grant came in, who may not like his approach and then you''ve got the people he''s bought in. There may also be conflicts and fallings out because of team selection and certain players who get selected whatever their recent performances suggest, likewise, those who seem to get dropped for no reason. This is something I was hoping would stay in the past once Worthington left.