Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why I Think A Protest Is Wrong.....

BECAUSE IT NEVER REALLY WORKS!!.

I believe that the power of the pen is far mightier than the sword, thats why I think is better to write to board members with your gripes, or delay paying for your season ticket, then it is demostrating.

City need a public demostration now like they need a hole in the head. Its disruptive, and causes a rift within the fans, and thats just plain wrong.

I have no doubt that the organisers of the planned Derby demo, are passionate, and fed up supporters, and I can relate to their complaints and concerns to a degree.

However, the way they are addressing those concerns will only damage the club on the pitch in my opinion. My advice to them would be to get to the ground and make one hell of a racket on the day, from the terraces, cheering the lads on to victory.

Then write collectivly to the directors (inluding their membership numbers!) about their concerns and fears. This tactic worked very well when Megson was appointed the second time.

I appeal directly to the organisers now, please call off your demo lads, it will only create more tension and misery on the day, lets unite under one green and yellow banner on matchdays, there''s a time for protests.......................and it isn''t now.

And yes, I''m begging you!.

I have to agree wiz. Although there are divisions on this board the one certainty is EVERYONES concern about the situation we are in and the need to pull together and support our team. How can it help the team to know that there is a protest before the game, muted silence during the first half then booed off at half time?

For me the only way forward is to get behind the team from the minute they take the field and hit them with a wall off sound and keep it going all through the game. Doesn''t take much working out what it will do for the team (or for the opposition either).

If we can do that it will go a long way towards keeping us in this league and then lets see what the close season brings. I''m sure that if the club don''t show any signs of ambition then, that will be the time for the fans to take action.

Wiz buddy, you are totally spot on.

I am not liking the situation one bit but the prospect of relegation to league one, really scares me.

I think some of our fans need to get behind the team, I know its hard but Saturday was shocking and cries of what a load of rubbish during the second half is only gonna make things worse.

It takes a big person to cheer when its bad.

we are in this together just as we were in it together when we won the championship.

No chance Wiz my friend!!!

We have taken the back seat for long enough while you lot were going to cheer us on to victory after victory that would ensure we stayed in this division...  Your plans are clearly not working are they???

I am with theolster on this one people can boo the board and cheer the team there is no harm in that.

As for all you that claimed that you were going to get behind the team still no answer as to why you were jeering them on Saturday instead of aiming those jeers at those who deserve it in the boardroom!!!

You wonder why we get flippant with you when we have to go over the same old ground about five times before it even starts to sink in with a lot of you!!!

I don''t often see eye to eye with you, but WELL said Wiz, a well measured post and in moderate well phrased language worthy of an adult reply.  You don''t have to beg me, I''m with you all the way,  THE KEY TO POST YOUR CONCERNS, is TO THOSE WHOM YOU WISH TO IMPRESS with well founded arguments, and ask that they might reply to them on these boards.  I won''t post on this because I''m happy with what I feel the board are trying to do.

There is no chance of this demonstration taking place 1st Wizard. Can you not see that? Read the thread again and you will see that there are a handful who say they want to demonstrate, two of the loudest voices have already sent their apologies and another has already changed his mind.

The only place this demo is happening is on this messageboard.

Hello Wiz, long time no see mate!! good to see you still here, hope you well [:D]

Well, i think a demonstration is a great idea, although on a match day?

Not sure about that one! Despite the fact that the demonstratorz might

well be 100% behind the team, I think the whole atmoshpere in the

ground will be affected!

The pen iz mighty my old friend Wiz... but one muzt put their wordz

into action!! I think the bezt time for protesting... iz wen itz time

for annual membership renewal and sign up!! Hit em were it hurtz... in

the pocketz!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

BECAUSE IT NEVER REALLY WORKS!!.

I believe that the power of the pen is far mightier than the sword, thats why I think is better to write to board members with your gripes, or delay paying for your season ticket, then it is demostrating.

City need a public demostration now like they need a hole in the head. Its disruptive, and causes a rift within the fans, and thats just plain wrong.

I have no doubt that the organisers of the planned Derby demo, are passionate, and fed up supporters, and I can relate to their complaints and concerns to a degree.

[/quote]

Thats the best post you''ve ever written Wizard.

I fear that any demonstration now will be counter productive. We do not need strife on the terraces while we are fighting to stay in this league.

This is the time to get behind Granty and the team, the last thing they need is a distraction from the task in hand. I am sure they all realise the seriousness of the current situation and all their efforts should be concentrated on that and not a fighting a second front against the fans.

The recriminations should come at the end of the season.

Dare I say it, but it had occurred to me that certain elements proposing a demo are supporters of them down the road seeking to destroy the stability which we have and seizing their chance to capitalise on a fallow period as we rebuild. Easy to create a user name and account, pass yourself of as a City supporter and create discord and dissent from within.

I agree with you again Wiz, now is not the time for demos.

The other thing that bugs me is that its just a football club for goodness sake. Its not as if its a war in the middle east, a new poll tax, bird flu, global warming, gun crime out of control or anything. Its a sodding football club which we all love but which is going through a rough spell and needs a bit of unity right now!!

I too think a demo is wrong,  but accept that if people think this should happen then they will do it.   Last seasons protests showed that the team can win while they are happening. 

The key part I agree with is that any demo should be kept out of the ground.  We have to make a lot of noise in the ground to gee the players up;  it hasnt worked for a while and certainly didnt work in the prem but I want to be able to look in the mirror and be able to say that I gave it all in the ground, if necessary in spite of what I am watching, if not because of it.    

[quote user="Normann Canary"]Hello Wiz, long time no see mate!! good to see you still here, hope you well [:D]

[/quote]

Its brilliant to hear from you again Norman, I trust all is well mate, as usual you talk a good deal of sense, although a demo is right out for me.

A temporary ''stall'' in season ticket sales, with a letter explaining why, is my prefered route.

Good post Wiz. I don''t think there''ll be anything to worry about though. A few numpty''s making a lot of racket on a messageboard doesn''t equate to reality. Especially when some of them don''t even make it to matches anyway, I think their commitment to standing around looking like berks while we all do our best to help the club stay up inside the ground will wane fairly quickly.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

There is no chance of this demonstration taking place 1st Wizard. Can you not see that? Read the thread again and you will see that there are a handful who say they want to demonstrate, two of the loudest voices have already sent their apologies and another has already changed his mind.

[/quote]

and in the local newspaper!!  lol

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED27%20Feb%202007%2009%3A21%3A52%3A240

Now is not the time to protest...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED27%20Feb%202007%2009%3A21%3A52%3A240

[/quote]

Great one Citizen. Do you think this Oliver guy is the famous "Smudger"

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Great one Citizen. Do you think this Oliver guy is the famous "Smudger"

[/quote]

The infamous Smudger thank you, and no it is not RICARDO...  May I suggest that you get your faculties in order and focus on what an ever increasing number of peoples opinion of club is out there in the real world at this moment in time!!!

I''m with Wiz on this - whatever your gripes, the time to protest is not when we need as much backing as can be mustered.  To be fair though, I wouldn''t protest whatever.

For once, I do agree with Smudger in that the boos and chants of ''rubbish'' during play on Sat were out of order, certainly given that people were supposedly going to ''fully'' back the team. I didn''t join in and would never chant that during a game as feel it would only demoralise the players further, rather than spur them on.  By all means chant whatever after the game, but surely it is backing rather than barracking that the players need during it?!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

I''m with Wiz on this - whatever your gripes, the time to protest is not when we need as much backing as can be mustered.  To be fair though, I wouldn''t protest whatever.

For once, I do agree with Smudger in that the boos and chants of ''rubbish'' during play on Sat were out of order, certainly given that people were supposedly going to ''fully'' back the team. I didn''t join in and would never chant that during a game as feel it would only demoralise the players further, rather than spur them on.  By all means chant whatever after the game, but surely it is backing rather than barracking that the players need during it?!

[/quote]

I agree and think that Carrow Road has ben very quiet for a club that has 23,000 fans packed in there every week... the majority of whom have said that we should not be protesting behind the board but should be 100% behind the team and giving them as much vocal support as possible...

What was heard at Carrow Road (and quite far away from it) on Saturday made a lot of people look hypocritical in the extreme!!!

Agreed and lets put all our efforts behind the team. People need to accept that at this stage in the season the board, the manager, the players we have are not going to change, we have got what we have got and we should all be in it together in making sure that NCFC is in Championship next season; which I am confident that we will be. Fans concentrating on supporting the players at every home and away game and letting them know that we are fully behind them whatever we think of the board and the manager. Come on you yellows!