Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Now I know I don't post often........

....but I feel as the season reaches fever pitch, I feel it''s time in impart my words of wisdom on you all! First of all, I cannot believe what a wonderful season we have had so far, what with being top, beating the scummers twice, buying a quality player in Darren Huckerby, and also Craig Fleming scoring twice!! I''m sure every single person who regularly post on here would admit that where we are currently, is beyond any realistic hopes that you had at the start of the season. I think that firstly, major thanks and huge credit need to go to Worthy, Steve Foley and Doug Livermore, who have done, nothing short of a first class job with the lads, in getting them where they currently lie. Secondly, the board, who backed Worthy when it mattered most, in pushing on and signing Hucks, King Leon and Sven. Finally, but probably most importantly, the people who matter most, the players. They have all played their part in getting us to the top, even Rivo and Easton- who were, at one time, joint top scorers!! Now, after just reading that all back to myself, I could be forgiven for thinking that it is the 10th of May and the season is over. But I am firmly aware that we have 9 games left, each one vitally important. I just wanted to jog peoples memories of what we have been through in the last 8 months, and I hope when reading this, you feel proud of who you support(not that you don''t anyway!) and this acts an aide to anyone who is going to any of the last 9 games, because now more than ever, we need to give the boys our 1000% backing and sing ourselves hoarse ''til the death. We can get Palace out of our systems on Saturday if we get behind the lads and roar them to victory against Stoke. We''ve come so far as a club, and we are so close, so lets get a bit more togetherness and go all the way.
ON THE BALL CITY!!!!

Great note Kent. I''d like to add a corny request. Don''t know how much influence the posters have amongst the overall crowd but is it possible 5 minutes before the game starts on Saturday to have the greatest rendition of "On The Ball City" ever. Wembley Stadium FA Cup Final "days of old" stuff. Write in to the local papers, tell your friends, tell your enemies, get everyone on board ( including Worthy ). Key being when that ball is kicked off, every one of our boys are operating at warp speed.

as another who doesn''t post often just sits in the background reading away and nodding quietly to himself couldn''t agree more. good season roller coasterish at times, heads in hollw at present heart trying to catch up but still beleiving we have the strength passion and fight to go all the way.

C''MON