Sign in to follow this  
deano

andy hughes

dont get me wrong, i respect andy hughes for the amount of work he puts in and appreciate that he can be a leader. but hes a midfielder, not a right back. coventry''s goal on saturday was his fault and so was lutons second today, and by all accounts hes had a shocker at luton. the thing that really puzzles me is that we have jurgen colin on the bench whos been one of our better players this season so why is hughes playing? has grant fallen out with colin or something?

[quote user="cambridge canary"]

dont get me wrong, i respect andy hughes for the amount of work he puts in and appreciate that he can be a leader. but hes a midfielder, not a right back. coventry''s goal on saturday was his fault and so was lutons second today, and by all accounts hes had a shocker at luton. the thing that really puzzles me is that we have jurgen colin on the bench whos been one of our better players this season so why is hughes playing? has grant fallen out with colin or something?

[/quote]Who can say whether he has fallen out with Colin, but we also have the option of Cave-Brown at right back.

In fairness to Hughes how many goals has Doherty cost us since he''s been at the club?

I saw Hughes play at right back against Leeds and thought he has a really sold game.  In the last five minutes when some players were giving the ball straight back to Leeds, Hughes got hold of the ball and ran the lenghth of the pitch and kept the ball right by the Leeds corner flag.

Imo Hughes looks more confident and settled at full back.  If Grant is confident is hhis ability to play in the position then I think he should keep selecting. 

when has he played well in midfield all 10 people i talk to near me say hes a defender.he does well/better in defence, what does he do in midfield? ill answer, loes the ball he is better going backwards and anyone who would if hughes has to play put him in the midfield is in my opinion mad.

The theory was he gave us more going forward - thats all very well but  havent seen that and his defending has been worse,  and that is the key part of the job.

Cave Brown looked shocking against Ipswich Reserves last week,best right back in club is the one in the academy