Sign in to follow this  
shortfatb

Statto Alert!

Could one of you posters who enjoy the analysis of Division 1 statistical minutia do one of your sheets which shows that, despite the Palace debacle, with Wigan winning, WBA not playing, Millwall winning at West Ham etc., we are still nailed on certainties to go up, as all the current threads are making me nervous.

thank you Scott, so we''ll probably finish second if WBA keep their current form going. Is that reassuring enough for everybody?

I posted the up list below at the end of January as a suggestion of how we would get the points needed

It was for 85 points.

Currently after 8 of those games we are only 1 point adrift of that target.

You''ll also note that I''ve only got us down for one point from the next game at home to Stoke and no points from the game in hand against Sunderland.

I certainly didn''t envisage us being 8 points ahead this far on. In fact, back then we were only 7 points ahead of third place.

So fear ye not ........... we''re still well on target

just make sure that we make as much noise this coming saturday as we did at Palace

3.......Wimbledon A

1.......Coventry City A

3........West Ham United H

0........Sunderland A

1........West Bromwich Albion H

3.........Ipswich Town H

1........Cardiff City A

3.........Gillingham H

0........Crystal Palace A

1.........Stoke City H

3........Burnley A

1.........Wigan Athletic H

0........Reading A

3........Walsall H

1........Watford A

3........Preston North End H

3........Crewe Alexandra A

Your input was interesting when first posted and still is, but a couple of points:

If you did not envisage us being 8 points ahead at this point then what did you envisage? I will be interested in your response but for the sake of making my point I will assume you envisaged 4 points ahead at this stage. Now, based upon your suggested results for the next 5 matches ( I am including the make-up game against Sunderland in those 5 matches but I am not sure when that game is scheduled ) we will only take 5 out of 15 potential points. If you only envisaged us being 4 points ahead currently, what would you have envisaged our status to be vs third place competition at the end of the next 5 matches. Presumably, we would be in third place at that point and chasing because it would be unreasonable to expect that the pursuer could not do much better than 5 out of 15 points. If that scenario played out I am not sure I would want Norwich in third place going into the last 4 matches expecting 3 wins and a tie.
Now, of course, the reality is that because other teams have fallen short of your expectations in the interim we do have an 8 point cushion currently. What we need to do is to remove the pressure of the last 4 games ( as well as the make-up game at Sunderland ) by winning the next two games against Stoke and Burnley, games that Norwich should be able to win if they play up to their potential.

I will wager that 80 points will get automatic promotion.
Thats 3 wins and a draw ;-)
I cannot see any of the teams below us getting 80 points.
Infact if one of those wins or draw is against Sunderland we probably wont need 80 points especially with our GD.

Still sticking to 83 points

Will reply to Yankee''s thoughtful post when I''m not so thoughtlessly pist