Sign in to follow this  
AP16

Smudger.....

The trouble we have at this stage of the season is the legacy left by Nigel Worthington and yes, it was stupid for the board to have kept him on for as long as they did. They have made some stupid mistakes and shown a lack of judgement on occasion that the fans have always called them up on but they''ve maintained that the club remains and honest, community club that is true to its roots and a joy to support (even through the bad times). Peter Grant is still finding his feet as a manager but part of the trouble is having to make do with an inept squad which he can''t change. The board have to think about this logically; they can get better deals on players at the end of the season once City''s place in the Championship is secured and it''s then that the board must throw money at the club so that Grant can get rid of the players who don''t care for the club. He''s made some awful tactical decisions since taking over but he is limited and must be able to risk experimentation for the greater good. The board have confidence that Norwich won''t go down this season, else they will be bringing in players now. I hope that this is a risk that will pay off, I''d rather the club spent money on players who were in it for the long run and not drafted in out of desperation.

If the club stays up and the board doesn''t provide the money for Grant to rebuild the squad in his own likeness by the start of next season, and the club continues to falter, than I''ll understand but right now you sound like you''re just throwing your dummy out of the pram because your so-called beloved team (so beloved that you refuse to watch them until they start winning again) isn''t as high in the league as you want them to be and you''re far too proud to admit that you might potentially be supporting a league one side next season.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

I think Smudger and Alex are looney toons for their opinions, not the amount of games they do or do not attend.

[/quote]

That''s rich, Mr MLJ will save our season...

I see they have taken to you on the Wrath of the Barclay website today  Smudger [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]I see they have taken to you on the Wrath of the Barclay website today  Smudger [:)][/quote]

I do not know have not checked it out yet CA...

Probably not as many fools on there as there are on here I am afraid...  unlike Cluck I believe that what you see on here is a true representation of Norwich fans... most of them are fools... I know it the board knows it and will contnue to take them for fools too...

Instead of having a go at the people who are ripping them off week in week out the dumb Norfolk publicv would rather have a go at me instead... it doesn''t take a genius to see that is the truth now does it???

[quote user="cityangel"]I see they have taken to you on the Wrath of the Barclay website today  Smudger [:)][/quote]

He''s got his own quote. A minor celebrity obviously.

Admittedly they called him a w***** but still....

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Smudger talks more sense than most on here...

[/quote]

Every post is ultra negative without him ever backing his views up with arguments or evidence all he shares is opinions and insults. The really interesting posters on here don''t resort to petty name calling and are able to articulate thier views in a far more sophisticated way such as yankee canary or from the other view point 1st wizard.

You cannot claim to talk sense if you are unable to backup your opinions with an arguement!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Probably not as many fools on there as there are on here I am afraid...  unlike Cluck I believe that what you see on here is a true representation of Norwich fans... most of them are fools... I know it the board knows it and will contnue to take them for fools too...

Instead of having a go at the people who are ripping them off week in week out the dumb Norfolk publicv would rather have a go at me instead... it doesn''t take a genius to see that is the truth now does it???

[/quote]

If us pinkun posters are such fools why do you waste your time with us?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Probably not as many fools on there as there are on here I am afraid...  unlike Cluck I believe that what you see on here is a true representation of Norwich fans... most of them are fools...

[/quote]

Woa there Smudger!, am I included in your fools list then?.

I''m as proud a City fan as much as the other 24.000 others are, and we don''t deserve to be called fools mate.

Thats just not on.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

If us pinkun posters are such fools why do you waste your time with us?

[/quote]

Because there are about 10 people who come on here whose opinions I have some respect for...

Yes I am sure that you can probably pick a number of those people out...  but others such as JAS, RH, MBNCFC, ALEX_HARVEY_JONES, CJF & Co I can agree with on a number of issues or at least agree to disagree.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

Every post is ultra negative without him ever backing his views up with arguments or evidence all he shares is opinions and insults. The really interesting posters on here don''t resort to petty name calling and are able to articulate thier views in a far more sophisticated way such as yankee canary or from the other view point 1st wizard.

You cannot claim to talk sense if you are unable to backup your opinions with an arguement!

[/quote]

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhah...........Bilge at it''s most supreme. 10/10.

Smudger bangs his head against the wall every day on here....but if you don''t listen you will never appreciate how valid his words are. I''ve never met him, nor know his story.....but he remains unfettered by a need for populism and just says it how it is. Rare in this world of "spin" and political correctness.....and so refreshing.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Smudger"]

Probably not as many fools on there as there are on here I am afraid...  unlike Cluck I believe that what you see on here is a true representation of Norwich fans... most of them are fools...

[/quote]

I''m as proud a City fan as much as the other 24.000 others are, and we don''t deserve to be called fools mate.

Thats just not on.

[/quote]

No you are not included...  You are amongst my fav posters here Wiz my friend...

I am afraid if you do not like my stance on this one then it is just another of the few issues that we will have to agree to disagree on....

Becuase I still believe that the majority of City fans are a bunch of numpties and are one of the main reasons why we find ourselves in such a precarious position...  that is my belief and I will not apologise for that...

I know that a lot of other people out there are thinking exactly the same thing!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Just because people disagree with you it does not make them fools. We would all like to see someone rich and dynamic come in to give us a financial lift but it is not going to happen. Delia might be forced to step aside but what difference will it make if nobody with big money comes in. You seem to think as soon as she goes we will be swamped with very rich suitors.

I just can''t see it happening Smudger.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhah...........Bilge at it''s most supreme. 10/10.

Smudger bangs his head against the wall every day on here....but if you don''t listen you will never appreciate how valid his words are. I''ve never met him, nor know his story.....but he remains unfettered by a need for populism and just says it how it is. Rare in this world of "spin" and political correctness.....and so refreshing.

[/quote]

I do listen to what he has to say and consider his opinions as i do with every poster, i simply happen to disagree strongly.

My point was that if one has a strong belief in something you should be able to back it up with a sensible arguement and not resort to calling people fools. I don''t agree with much of what you post but i wouldn''t dream of calling you a fool.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Probably not as many fools on there as there are on here I am

afraid...  unlike Cluck I believe that what you see on here is a

true representation of Norwich fans... most of them are fools... I know

it the board knows it and will contnue to take them for fools too...

[/quote]

That is a stupid comment to make. It is better that people think you''re

an idiot, as some did, than to open your mouth a remove all doubt, as

you just have.

I thought you were just very passionate and gave you the benefit of the doubt, but you''ve just proved otherwise.

And anyway, slagging players off that you don''t watch every week just about confirmed the validity of some of your arguements.

reading what smudger has been writing in his posts for the last few days i have come to the conclusion that this person has not a clue as to what goes on in the ground any more not a shout or whisper is heard in the stands about ousting the board yet smudger who has yet to step foot in the stands since 2005 seems to think that because a dozen boarders agree with him that he personally can rally call true supporters to turn against those who saved us after the chase era Delia has said she would gladly step aside if a suitor who would invest money into this club came along and promised to invest into the club after all as she said she is a fan at the end of the day. smudger unless you have several million in the bank and a ready to invest SHUT IT 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Thats just not on.

[/quote]

No you are not included...  You are amongst my fav posters here Wiz my friend...

I am afraid if you do not like my stance on this one then it is just another of the few issues that we will have to agree to disagree on....

Becuase I still believe that the majority of City fans are a bunch of numpties and are one of the main reasons why we find ourselves in such a precarious position...  that is my belief and I will not apologise for that...

I know that a lot of other people out there are thinking exactly the same thing!!!

[/quote]Rather a numpty than a prize tool...

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Just because people disagree with you it does not make them fools. We would all like to see someone rich and dynamic come in to give us a financial lift but it is not going to happen. Delia might be forced to step aside but what difference will it make if nobody with big money comes in. You seem to think as soon as she goes we will be swamped with very rich suitors.

[/quote]

It may not be the case that we are swamped with very rich suitors RICARDO...

But on the other hand we will not go under either...  I would rather slightly poorer majority Shareholders be at the helm giving it their all than this bunch who so clearly are not!!!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Thats just not on.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rather a numpty than a prize tool...
[/quote]

I am clearly in good company then!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But on the other hand we will not go under either...  I would rather slightly poorer majority Shareholders be at the helm giving it their all than this bunch who so clearly are not!!!

[/quote]

The only thing that will get us back to the Premier will be a big pile of cash. If some other "poor" millionaire took over from Delia they would be constrained by the same financial straightjacket as the present board.

You can have as much ambition as you like but without the dosh you have no chance.

In the words of a very old song "believe it or not things aint so hot if you aint got the Do Ra Me"............................and we most definately "Aint"

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The only thing that will get us back to the Premier will be a big pile of cash. If some other "poor" millionaire took over from Delia they would be constrained by the same financial straightjacket as the present board.

You can have as much ambition as you like but without the dosh you have no chance.

In the words of a very old song "believe it or not things aint so hot if you aint got the Do Ra Me"............................and we most definately "Aint"

[/quote]

Who said anything about the Premiership RICARDO...

I wouldn''t mind just having a team of directors here that were prepared to have a real go at achieving a place in the top 6 each year...  anything short of the directors at this football club pulling out all the stops to ensure that we finish in or as close to the top 6 as possible each year is an absolute disgrace!!!

[/quote]

Thats just not on.

[/quote] Agreed First Wiz. And why eactly are we fools? I support Norwich, love the club, want the best for the club, go to games and sing my heart out, live, breathe and do everything else Norwich city. Why does that make me a fool??

You are entitled to your opinion but that''s all it is an opinion. You say it as if it''s a fact. I''m sure lots of people on here would suggest that you Smudger are a fool. That''s an opinion too, not a fact and an opinion that people are entitled to hold. However I should imagine that you would take exception to being called a fool just as we take exception to being called fools for suporting our team!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I don''t attend games regulary at all, have only been to about 6 in the last 5 years.

What''s your point?

[/quote]Hails from Yarmouth, 6 games in 5 years.I rest my case.[/quote]

Never mind the fact that I was a regular from 95-99 then?

Anyway, you find me a decent job and I''ll gladly start going to more games.

[/quote]

I respect that you were a regular, but you don''t regularly criticise players performances without actually watching them.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Rather a numpty than a prize tool...[/quote]

I am clearly in good company then!!!

[/quote]Of that I am completely certain...

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

"dumb Norfolk publicv"

Excuse me? Actually I believe the Norfolk public to be amoungst the best in the country and they are far from "dumb" and this comes from somebody who has seen quite a bit of the world. For a start they are the first people as a community to vote for government with concerns for the future, I am ofcourse talking about the Green Party. This at a time when other areas are more interested in whether their local MP has ever smoked something slightly dodgey or even dabled in bug*ery!

To add to this people have got together to stand against the incinerator plan when the powers that be try and pull a blanket of spin and propogander over their heads. I think you will be hard pressed to come up with a hard and fast argument to back your comment up with.

As for our club ripping us off. I would reccomend you look at some of the other ticket prices of teams in this league. You have argued before that we are a big club, with big support and that we should be doing better. I ask you this then - why don''t we charge big money for our tickets like the other big clubs in English football. I paid £21 to see QPR at Carrow Road and £19 to see Plymouth. When I went to the QPR away fixture it was £28. Crystal Palace is even more and they are not the only ones. So again when you suggest that our supporters are being ripped off please provide the information you base this opinion on.

You see Smudger you get criticised and will continue to get criticised unless you can actually put together a decent argument and defend it. Its all very well saying that your argument is bestest because you are the most truest fan there is at the club, but in the world of adult-hood those sort of arguments tend to seem very childish. We are not asking much - just what information inspired your opinions unless you actually did just make them up? . . . .

[/quote]

Thats just not on.

[/quote]

Spot on Wiz. Couldn''t agree more. You become more wizened by the day old bean.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have listened for quite some time, unfortunately it has done me very little good. If he is banging his head against a wall please ask him to do it much harder so at least he may eventually knock some sence into it! (cheap joke I know but I couldn''t resist!).

".....but he remains unfettered by a need for populism . . . ". Now I have not studied psychology nor will I claim to know vast amounts about it but having experience in education I do know that there are two types of popularity and both can be saught and felt as an achievement. On one hand there are people that like to excel at subjects, games, sports and to reap the attention that their success in any subject gets them and those that like to fail, to create problems and to gain attention from excelling in being notorious for being the opposite to the successful candidates.

This is simply because they can not see themselves to be able to be as good as those people, to be able to win that limelight or to compete with it, instead they see an easier option which is to fail abjectly, all they have to do to ensure that they are the worse is to make sure that they are the most disruptive and most frustrating to other members of the social group. If there is a psychologist on here it would be good to see if this is accurate - as I say this is only something I have picked up from a teacher guide from the school I am working at.

It has to be said Cluck - if I may presume to call you that - that at times you have been able to construct an argument reletively well only to let down your guard when others question certain parts of it. Such as one of the first opinions you posted where I responded and you suggested my post had no points in it (much as I expect you to respond to this). Thankfully after a seccond post others pointed out that actually I was not mad, stupid or an idiot and that infact I had posted a reasoned reaction to your post. At which point you went quiet on that topic.

In politics if you abandon a policy or an opinion you will loose your support and your backing for it. All debate whether to do with civil matters or general society issues works in roughly the same way. You put forward an argument and then those that oppose it step forward to react and question. It is then your option to defend it with the evidence you may have collected. Now I would like to say that this is just limited to politics but it is not. I reccomend Dragons Den to you as you will discover that this method extends to the world of buisiness where people will question you suggestions for their viability.

Should your reply be "you are a stupid oaf for questioning my obviously great idea" you would have to be content with the free coffee/water they are likely to provide.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"]

I do find it interesting that two posters in Smudger and Alex that don''t go to games very regularily also have some of the most negative views. Smudger is more extreme but by his own admission has never even seen most of our squad play.

I find it interesting as I am in a similar boat but have contrasting opinions yet I presume they rely on the same radio coverage as I do to get most of the information on the games.

I like Alex have been to a handful of games this season and caught a couple on Sky also but would not class myself as a reliable source of match opinion but I have tried to go to games reletively well spaced out. I also creep along to the occaisional away fixture when I can.

The most confusing thing with Smudger is that he is always going on about the boardroom but then constantly blaming the coaching staff and the players. I find it hard to believe you can blame both of them equally. I say this because it is illogical.

Firstly if you believe that the league position reflects the ambition of the board then you are suggesting that it is not really the players fault only that the quality of players we have here is limited by the funds provided by the board.

If you blame the players you are suggesting that they are good enough but are nut pulling their fingers out and putting in the effort required to win games that they should be dominating quite comfortably.

I can see that there is a sort of gray patch between the two but fundamentaly the two do actually contradict one another.

As mentioned Smudger seems to swap over all the time making it very difficult for us to understand where his argument really lies.

[/quote]

I will thank you not to attempt to put words in my mouth CHICKEN...  [:@]

I have seen nearly all of our players play... Gallagher, the Doc, Dion, Drury, Colin, Shackell, Hughes, Safri, Hucks, McVeigh, Chadwick, Peter Thorne and Brown all live...  plus some TV coverage of some of the others (Croft, Lappin & Fotheringham).

There are very few players that I rate in the current squad and I believe our current league position to be proving my long held view right...

The fact that we have so few players with any real class is mainly down to Delia & Co not supplying enough funds to the manager (Worthy or Grant) to strengthen a squad that is now in desperate need of rebuilding almost from top to bottom!!!

[/quote]

Ok fine, then once and for all let us know which players you actually rate because so far all you have done is provided us with a list of those who you don''t rate and supported the idea of booing them even though you also seem to suggest that its not their fault that they are not good enough -its actually the boards fault for not providing more money for better quality.

"The fact that we have so few players with any real class is mainly down to Delia & Co not supplying enough funds to the manager (Worthy or Grant) to strengthen a squad that is now in desperate need of rebuilding almost from top to bottom!!!"

Are you suggesting then that it would have made little difference if we had kept Worthington instead of taking on Grant? I am pretty sure you were of the Worthy out variety that has moved onto the board because of the oppointment of his predecessor who was well rated throughout the football set up in this country and north of the boarder which is more than can be said of Worthington and look at what he achieved.

I was of the opinion Worthington had had his chance and was no longer turning the team around to get results but I find it hard to believe he would have done this badly. Its a tough one to call as I have to admit that I prefer Grant for his straight talking and transparency but I am not sure if for all that its worth it is any better than what we had with Worthington. I think Grant can go on to achieve more because e has that ambition and belief which Worthington seemed to loose. But his biggest struggle is going to be getting the fans on the side of the players again. Rather than being the 12th player they are behaving more like neutrals, I don''t blame them I just think thats where the real battle for him lies.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJD"]

Smudger staying away from games must be a blessing for some unlucky soul who would be next to him. Long may he stay away!

We are in a fight too stay up and that means pulling together not apart right now.

All this other stuff can be sorted up in the pre-season. If you object to the board and their failings, then don''t renew your season ticket. There maybe plenty tickets left for match days next year.

Mistakes have been made, but Grant needs a chance to turn it around and therefore the board to if we stay up. If we go down, then I am sure there would be changes and Smudger et al can cluck away and bask in their hollow victory.

[/quote]

Just because you have no fight in you GJD...

Do not think that you have the right to take the moral high ground because you are prepared to sit there and do nothing as we are relegated...  if this board of directors manages to stay in charge without being forced to splash a few of their shiny little gold nuggets on ensuring that we stay in this division, then they will obviously be in charge right in to next season as well...

They have already wasted 2 whole seasons GJD, are you prepared to sit back and let them ruin a third season for yourself and thousands of others???

[/quote]

No fight in him?!!

Well you have plenty of fight - we do not question that but we do question as to what REASON you are so willing to fight for. You see for us at the moment you have thrown down what could be compared to the dirty dossier of spin and the rest of us are not buying it.

Your staunch ally in Cluck comes in suggesting that you are not fibbing and that the dossier is completely sound and yet we are still none the wiser. I am sorry if people don''t buy this Smudge but then if you will not explain your true colours don''t expect people to flock to your banner.

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Thats just not on.

[/quote] Agreed First Wiz. And why eactly are we fools? I support Norwich, love the club, want the best for the club, go to games and sing my heart out, live, breathe and do everything else Norwich city. Why does that make me a fool??

You are entitled to your opinion but that''s all it is an opinion. You say it as if it''s a fact. I''m sure lots of people on here would suggest that you Smudger are a fool. That''s an opinion too, not a fact and an opinion that people are entitled to hold. However I should imagine that you would take exception to being called a fool just as we take exception to being called fools for suporting our team!

[/quote]

No calling me a foool is fine ALEX and just for the record you are one of the few I do have some respect for...

What I do take exception to is threats of violence towards myself (that nobody other than myself seems to of picked up on) that are hidden in a post however.  I also take exception to posts that are specifically aimed directly at myself or others with little or nothing whatsoever to do with football...

[quote user="Safri15"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I don''t attend games regulary at all, have only been to about 6 in the last 5 years.

What''s your point?

[/quote]
Hails from Yarmouth, 6 games in 5 years.
I rest my case.
[/quote]

Never mind the fact that I was a regular from 95-99 then?

Anyway, you find me a decent job and I''ll gladly start going to more games.

[/quote]

I respect that you were a regular, but you don''t regularly criticise players performances without actually watching them.
[/quote]

I suggest that you read a few more of ALEX''s posts then Mr SAFRI... you have obviously missed the irony of it all haven''t you???