Sign in to follow this  
AP16

Smudger.....

I''ve asked you this question a few times now, and It''s been dodged, how many games do you actually attend?

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Does it matter?[/quote]

I think it does, doesn''t mean you''re less of a fan if you have reasons why you can''t go, but its difficult to discuss some of the football played , player''s performances, tactics etc etc if you never go to a game?

every home game (season ticket holder) and a few away games if I can get there.

It matters because he bangs on about how this player never does anything and how this one is useless.....I would be interested to know if he actually bases his opinion on more than just a couple of games.

I thought that I had answered this question for people numerous times on this board...

But once again for you SAFRI, about as many times as you turn up in midfield...

ie... I have not turned up since Cardiff (h) October 2005... 

I ahve done so as a matter of principle and will continue not to attend games until drastic changes are made at boardroom level...

What is your excuse for not turning up on matchdays Mr SAFRI, being a club employee and all that????

I don''t care whether you believe me or not - Barclay Block D, Row W.....in the vicinity of Jas The Barclay King actually.

My point is, how the hell do you come up with your detailed opinion of how somebody is playing, e.g Safri and Doherty, if you don''t actually watch them play?

Smudger talks more sense than most on here...and not attending games for the right reasons speaks volumes about his personal passion for the club.

Sitting smuggly in a season ticket seat means nothing if you''re prepared to watch the club collapse around you.

i''ve missed 3 home games in 11 years... im quite proud of that Record.. i went from 1996-2005 without missing a home game. Been to games when ill and injured.... Went to a 2-2 home draw with Barsnlay and almost passed out when we made it 2-2 as i was very weak and probably shouldnt of gone.. also hobbled up the barclay stairs less than 24 hours after dislocating my knee cap...

id go if i was dead!

jas :)

[quote user="Smudger"]

I thought that I had answered this question for people numerous times on this board...

But once again for you SAFRI, about as many times as you turn up in midfield...

ie... I have not turned up since Cardiff (h) October 2005... 

I ahve done so as a matter of principle and will continue not to attend games until drastic changes are made at boardroom level...

What is your excuse for not turning up on matchdays Mr SAFRI, being a club employee and all that????

[/quote] Don''t understand why you have such a problem with Safri when he is one of our better players. Far more consistent than Etuhu and the best central midfielder we have at the club!

Are you so importat that you staying away from games means that changes will be made?? Seems a funny way of supporting the club deliberately not going to games!

[quote user="cityangel"]

I think it does, doesn''t mean you''re less of a fan if you have reasons why you can''t go, but its difficult to discuss some of the football played , player''s performances, tactics etc etc if you never go to a game?

[/quote] You''re right city Angel. The reason I made that comment was because I thought it was going to be another - ''I''m a better fan than you because I go to more games'' and ''I''m more entitled to an opinion because I have a season ticket'' etc. It does of course make it harder to comment on certain aspects if you haven''t seen them live such as player performance e.g. whether Safri turns up for games when you haven''t seen him play since 2005!!

What does it matter where he sits ????

Some of us are older than others, some have attended a lot more games than others, it''s down to when we were born. Doesn''t make us "old gits" more "loyal" than the rest of the tribe on here. No it doesn''t.

Smudger has made his position known. Fair play to him. Ok, we may not agree with his stance, but it''s his call. I''ll accept that.

It''s for him to decide whether he''ll accept out opinions as different to his if we continue to attend games, despite his views on the current set up at Carrow Road.

I do find it interesting that two posters in Smudger and Alex that don''t go to games very regularily also have some of the most negative views. Smudger is more extreme but by his own admission has never even seen most of our squad play.

I find it interesting as I am in a similar boat but have contrasting opinions yet I presume they rely on the same radio coverage as I do to get most of the information on the games.

I like Alex have been to a handful of games this season and caught a couple on Sky also but would not class myself as a reliable source of match opinion but I have tried to go to games reletively well spaced out. I also creep along to the occaisional away fixture when I can.

The most confusing thing with Smudger is that he is always going on about the boardroom but then constantly blaming the coaching staff and the players. I find it hard to believe you can blame both of them equally. I say this because it is illogical.

Firstly if you believe that the league position reflects the ambition of the board then you are suggesting that it is not really the players fault only that the quality of players we have here is limited by the funds provided by the board.

If you blame the players you are suggesting that they are good enough but are nut pulling their fingers out and putting in the effort required to win games that they should be dominating quite comfortably.

I can see that there is a sort of gray patch between the two but fundamentaly the two do actually contradict one another.

As mentioned Smudger seems to swap over all the time making it very difficult for us to understand where his argument really lies.

Smudger staying away from games must be a blessing for some unlucky soul who would be next to him. Long may he stay away!

We are in a fight too stay up and that means pulling together not apart right now.

All this other stuff can be sorted up in the pre-season. If you object to the board and their failings, then don''t renew your season ticket. There maybe plenty tickets left for match days next year.

Mistakes have been made, but Grant needs a chance to turn it around and therefore the board to if we stay up. If we go down, then I am sure there would be changes and Smudger et al can cluck away and bask in their hollow victory.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I don''t attend games regulary at all, have only been to about 6 in the last 5 years.

What''s your point?

[/quote]Hails from Yarmouth, 6 games in 5 years.I rest my case.

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="cityangel"]

I think it does, doesn''t mean you''re less of a fan if you

have reasons why you can''t go, but its difficult to discuss some

of the football played , player''s performances, tactics etc etc if you

never go to a game?

[/quote] You''re right city Angel. The reason I

made that comment was because I thought it was going to be another -

''I''m a better fan than you because I go to more games'' and ''I''m more

entitled to an opinion because I have a season ticket'' etc. It does of

course make it harder to comment on certain aspects if you haven''t seen

them live such as player performance e.g. whether Safri turns up

for games when you haven''t seen him play since 2005!![/quote]

And that was exactly my point Alex. I wasn''t attempting to give it the

I''m a better fan than you crap because I don''t wear that one either,

it''s just the fact that, as other posters have mentioned, Smudger does

have some strong views on how certain players are playing, yet he

doesn''t actually watch them regularly enough, in my opinion, to make a

justified judgement on their form.

[quote user="GJD"]

Smudger staying away from games must be a blessing for some unlucky soul who would be next to him. Long may he stay away!

We are in a fight too stay up and that means pulling together not apart right now.

All this other stuff can be sorted up in the pre-season. If you object to the board and their failings, then don''t renew your season ticket. There maybe plenty tickets left for match days next year.

Mistakes have been made, but Grant needs a chance to turn it around and therefore the board to if we stay up. If we go down, then I am sure there would be changes and Smudger et al can cluck away and bask in their hollow victory.

[/quote]

Here lies the classic brainless comment about those of us who the "denialist flock" deem as "negative". This is truly where the problem sits on here....and it is bizarre logic such as this that  makes proper debate on here impossible. 

So to your mind....if we don''t follow the sheep...we want the club to go down. Yet if we do nothing but support a failing regime we want the club to succeed. Brilliant deduction my friend....and an indication of how out of touch with reality most members of this forum are.

I''m not going to even try to explain the truth of this....so bask in your own ignorance and see where it leads you.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I don''t attend games regulary at all, have only been to about 6 in the last 5 years.

What''s your point?

[/quote]
Hails from Yarmouth, 6 games in 5 years.
I rest my case.
[/quote]

Never mind the fact that I was a regular from 95-99 then?

Anyway, you find me a decent job and I''ll gladly start going to more games.

Looks like I have just been truly ''clucked''.

I am not in denial of the current situation. It''s dire and worrying.

However I think I state quite clearly even for bird brain people like you that mistakes have been made and that these will need to be addressed in the near future. I just believe my friend that NCFC are better sorting these issues out during the end of the season where cool heads can analyse the wreckage of a season, decisions and changes made where necessary, plus hopefully new funds or investment can be brought in if they exist. Then NCFC hopefully can start to build for a brighter future that we all want.

Go ahead and organise your rallies, boo the players, slag off the board by all means if that floats your boat, but I don''t see how that helps the team right now that you and others on here support.

Is that so hard to grasp? 

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

That is the worst reason I have ever heard. It''s not the bloody Chase era, Smudger.

[quote user="chicken"]

I do find it interesting that two posters in Smudger and Alex that don''t go to games very regularily also have some of the most negative views. Smudger is more extreme but by his own admission has never even seen most of our squad play.

I find it interesting as I am in a similar boat but have contrasting opinions yet I presume they rely on the same radio coverage as I do to get most of the information on the games.

I like Alex have been to a handful of games this season and caught a couple on Sky also but would not class myself as a reliable source of match opinion but I have tried to go to games reletively well spaced out. I also creep along to the occaisional away fixture when I can.

The most confusing thing with Smudger is that he is always going on about the boardroom but then constantly blaming the coaching staff and the players. I find it hard to believe you can blame both of them equally. I say this because it is illogical.

Firstly if you believe that the league position reflects the ambition of the board then you are suggesting that it is not really the players fault only that the quality of players we have here is limited by the funds provided by the board.

If you blame the players you are suggesting that they are good enough but are nut pulling their fingers out and putting in the effort required to win games that they should be dominating quite comfortably.

I can see that there is a sort of gray patch between the two but fundamentaly the two do actually contradict one another.

As mentioned Smudger seems to swap over all the time making it very difficult for us to understand where his argument really lies.

[/quote]

I will thank you not to attempt to put words in my mouth CHICKEN...  [:@]

I have seen nearly all of our players play... Gallagher, the Doc, Dion, Drury, Colin, Shackell, Hughes, Safri, Hucks, McVeigh, Chadwick, Peter Thorne and Brown all live...  plus some TV coverage of some of the others (Croft, Lappin & Fotheringham).

There are very few players that I rate in the current squad and I believe our current league position to be proving my long held view right...

The fact that we have so few players with any real class is mainly down to Delia & Co not supplying enough funds to the manager (Worthy or Grant) to strengthen a squad that is now in desperate need of rebuilding almost from top to bottom!!!

[quote user="GJD"]

[/quote]

Just because you have no fight in you GJD...

Do not think that you have the right to take the moral high ground because you are prepared to sit there and do nothing as we are relegated...  if this board of directors manages to stay in charge without being forced to splash a few of their shiny little gold nuggets on ensuring that we stay in this division, then they will obviously be in charge right in to next season as well...

They have already wasted 2 whole seasons GJD, are you prepared to sit back and let them ruin a third season for yourself and thousands of others???

[quote user="Safri15"][quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote] You''re right city Angel. The reason I made that comment was because I thought it was going to be another - ''I''m a better fan than you because I go to more games'' and ''I''m more entitled to an opinion because I have a season ticket'' etc. It does of course make it harder to comment on certain aspects if you haven''t seen them live such as player performance e.g. whether Safri turns up for games when you haven''t seen him play since 2005!![/quote]

And that was exactly my point Alex. I wasn''t attempting to give it the I''m a better fan than you crap because I don''t wear that one either, it''s just the fact that, as other posters have mentioned, Smudger does have some strong views on how certain players are playing, yet he doesn''t actually watch them regularly enough, in my opinion, to make a justified judgement on their form.
[/quote]

I have seen most of them play... It doesn''t take a genius to work out that no matter how much training etc some of these players get... they are simply not up to the job my friend.

You watch them every week SAFRI....

18th place in the table my son... The league table does not lie at this stage of the season...  I will say no more!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

I will say no more!!!

[/quote]If only that were true, Smudger.Oh, and GJD - your last post in response to Cluck pretty much sums up what most of us think - just because we don''t want to join in with your little protests, doesn''t mean we''re happy with the way things are!