Sign in to follow this  
sunset

A Vital and fantastic win in Luton!

It has been a very long time since my Dad and I have come back from a City game feeling this good. It was a topsy turvy match which finally ended in a last minute stunner from Simon Lappin! At one stage we didn''t even think that we would be able to get into the ground due to the electrical fault but when we did we got good seats behind the goal and watched the drama unfold. And what a game it was! The team showed so much character to come from behind twice and then to get that last minute winner was priceless!

The travelling Norwich fans were absolutely fantastic,  we sang all game and for once we got what we deserved. And to get it in such dramatic fassion made it even more special. It was great to see the players reaction at the end and even though Gallagher made a bit of a clanger for Lutons 2nd goal I was very happy to see him go to the fans at the end of the game and give his gloves away to a young fan on the front row. He looked at the City faithful,  and shook his head as if to acknowledge his mistake but was as happy and relieved as anyone inside Kenniworth road at 9.50pm.

Safri had a great game tonight but the star of the show was young Chris Martin, he is the new Chris Sutton. Brilliant Chris, absolutely brilliant! We are all very proud of you!

Im sure that this game will live long in the memory of every Norwich City fan that was there.

I don''t know what the future holds but lets enjoy the moment.

On the Ball City!

S

I''ve just got home too and can too vouch for ginning like a cheshire cat for that last minute winner, it sent us all wild!

And as for Chris Martin, very, very promising, awesome goal!

Not the best of game, bit too messy, clumsy and not enough domination when needed, we seemed narrow too for most of the game, but a win is a win and vital 3 points.

MOM:- I would say Safri, worked hard non-stop and ever so crucial in the last 2 goals.

Dont know about anyone else that went, but I could only hear that tiny section of Luton fans singing, well, trying too.. Very quiet from them indeed...

OTBC!!

Quite agree, a fantastic result last night and perhaps we have indeed finally turned the corner?  

To my way of thinking teams that are doomed don’t go scoring ninetieth minute winners particularly an absolute gem of a curling free kick? 

The support was excellent as well and I can honestly say it was one of those nights that makes you proud to be a Yella as even when we behind the support was good and didn’t get on the players backs.  Or at least not that much as at worse it was channelled into a couple of culprits and was fairly low key 

Finally, the main talking point has to be the next ‘Super Chris’ as it is many many years since I’ve had the pleasure of a rousing chorus of ‘Super Chris’ and on paper this one looks as though he will be every bit as good as the last one and I’m not talking about Llewellyn either! 

OTBC 

PS  Muffin and Gal, lets talk about those two another day

This resilience was completely lacking under Worthington and Grant deserves a huge amount of credit for getting these battling performances out of the team.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]And I bloody hate Luton. They have been a thorn in our flesh since 1959 and I hope they get relegated.[/quote]

Yes, me too Rudolph ever since Billy Bingham got that goal which denied us an FA cup final place. Broke my heart that did

Didnt get to bed until 2.30 after stopping for a curry in Hitchin. Sitting here brain dead at work this morning but very happy. I''d forgotten how good it feels to experience a game like that. A year ago I think we would have waved the white flag at 1-0 down or conceded a 3-3 equaliser. The only down side was the winner was so late we didnt have time to return with interest the flak we were taking from the Luton fans who had been goading us all match. Their faces said everything at the final whistle. Oh happy day!

I was at the 2-4 defeat last year and the win last night and the contrast between that performance and this, for me sums up the difference that Grant has made so far. I am one that has renewed my season ticket already and I believe that promotion is well on the cards next season if we continue this vast improvement. Chris Martin is a fantastic prospect. I had him at 7-1 to score the first or last goal. He let me down there but I will forgive him as I did have him at 5-1 against Coventry!!   

I would just like to offer my condolences to the fan that left early in the second half when we were 2-1 down to go to the pub to drown his sorrows!!

[quote user="paul moy"]

I would just like to offer my condolences to the fan that left early in the second half when we were 2-1 down to go to the pub to drown his sorrows!!

[/quote]Muppet! Never leave early (or turn the radio off, if working!)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="huck tastic"]Maybe the turning point?
[/quote]

the turning point will come when the dross he shipped out of the club - Etuhu, Hughes, Doherty, Gallacher and Thorne would be an amazing starter.

[/quote]

Maybe the turning point was the day Grant took over? Time will tell!

With the constraints of the modern game it''s just not possible to make wholesale changes in a very short time.