Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

2 Points Above Ipswich and a Game in Hand

Especially in a league as tight as this with no outstanding teams. Any consistent, half decent side could gain promotion this season. Just look what Col U have done with a bit of home form.

As PG said yesterday this side whould be battling for promotion but has hugely underperformed in what is one of the most average championship leagues in a long while.

Not just underperformed Zipper, but has been hit hard by injuries and suspensions at key times. PG has had to balance the rebuilding with juggling the limited resources he inherited. Should we be able to get a settled full strength side and better centre back cover we might have some hope of an improvement, but I wonder whether he has been able to name an unchanged side since he took over?

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Not just underperformed Zipper, but has been hit hard by injuries and suspensions at key times. PG has had to balance the rebuilding with juggling the limited resources he inherited. Should we be able to get a settled full strength side and better centre back cover we might have some hope of an improvement, but I wonder whether he has been able to name an unchanged side since he took over?[/quote]I agree that Injuries and suspensions have played a big part in the on/off displays of Norwich this season. If you look at our title winning season there was very little change in the team week in week out and when someone else had to come in there was still the confidence from the rest of the players for it to not be a problem. Also take Reading last year- they had a very stable squad who all knew what each other was doing and worked for each other.I think we actually have a team which could do really well - we do need a few things though. Firstly a commanding central defender in the Malky mould. A good right back and another scoring striker (however Martin seems to be showing promise at the moment). Obviously it would be nice to pull in a few more players to improve in other areas but I think with the squad and a bit of luck we could be putting in a decent challenge next season.

well considering how much better we are than ipswich we shud b above them.

still, 1 point behind cov city and 2 games in hand. wer moving up - play offs here we come

i wondered how long it would be before some numpty started on about the play offs barclay4eva! just cos we won ONE game dont mean we are great all of a sudden. be realistic the play offs are gone. we need to consolidate and reassess the playing staff at the end of the season and then hopefully we can be more positive next season.

[quote user="Kathy"]Wouldnt it be brilliant to send them down on the 22nd? I would die happy if that happened.[/quote]

We had this conversation on the way home last night and I went to bed with that happy thought! [:D]

[quote user="baldyboy"]i wondered how long it would be before some numpty started on about the play offs barclay4eva! just cos we won ONE game dont mean we are great all of a sudden. be realistic the play offs are gone. we need to consolidate and reassess the playing staff at the end of the season and then hopefully we can be more positive next season.[/quote]

haha i was being carcastic. your gonna need more of a sense of humour than that to be city fan