Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

3 Nails In The Protesters Coffin

Hopefully!.

I''ll tell you now, by the time the Derby game comes round, those wannabee protesters are going to look damn silly if they still go ahead with it.

They''ve already gone a bit quiet since the Luton victory, its almost like they wanted us to lose last night isn''t it?. Yes, the problems with the board are still there, but that can be dealt with WHEN we are safe from the dreaded drop.

With a win or draw Saturday,  the season could still end on a more positive note.

OTBC.

What??? The protest has always been BACK THE PLAYERS-SACK THE BOARD! Have you not been paying attention? Did people not see me on the norwich v luton match thread urging us on and predicting we would win 3-1 or 3-2 when we were 1-0 down and others where already moaning? If you had you will have read that i want everyone to get behind the team 100%. The protest is still planned for 7pm at the derby game on the 6th of march and foolish comments like yours wont help put people off. Any chance that we call off the protest will depend on the board publicly releasing proof of the clubs accounts and transfer activity.Not daft comments like this.

[quote user="theolster"]Any chance that we call off the protest will depend on the board publicly releasing proof of the clubs accounts and transfer activity.Not daft comments like this.[/quote]

If you seriously believe that your motley little crew wield that much power olster, then you are indeed living in la a land matey.

In the Chhase Out days, it took a lot of demo''s of nearly 2.000 fans to make any impact at all.

And how many of your ''protesters'' are travelling up from Poorman Road then...........Smudger et al?.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Now, don''t you think this would have made a better subject for canary call than Ryan jarvis?[/quote]

Oh do behave Ru!, I only do TV work and I never have done radio...........................yet!.

The point is if we win every game till the end of the season, we would still be behind where we should be, this board has not got the clout, now or in the future. I dont think a one off demo to get the board out of their comfort zone is a bad idea, as long as it remains, dignified and peaceful.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Hopefully!.

I''ll tell you now, by the time the Derby game comes round, those wannabee protesters are going to look damn silly if they still go ahead with it.

They''ve already gone a bit quiet since the Luton victory, its almost like they wanted us to lose last night isn''t it?. Yes, the problems with the board are still there, but that can be dealt with WHEN we are safe from the dreaded drop.

With a win or draw Saturday,  the season could still end on a more positive note.

OTBC.

[/quote]

Bang on 1st Wiz!. Can these YTS protesters not see that, rightly or wrongly on their views on the NCFC board....WHAT GOOD WILL A PROTEST DO NOW?? IT''LL CAUSE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON. THE TEAM WILL CONTINUE TO PICK UP POINTS, BUT WHAT THE HELL WILL HAPPEN IF THE BOARD WALKED NOW??. I''LL TELL YOU...UP 5H1T CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE.

[quote]Any chance that we call off the protest will depend on the board

publicly releasing proof of the clubs accounts and transfer activity.[/quote]Well, the club have published a set of accounts, and have been involved in transfer activity.  Do you want to go into more depth ?

Theostler. I''ve always had doubts about your protest although I''ve tried to keep an open mind, but your last post has really confused me!!. You state '' Any chance that we call off the protest will depend on the board publicly releasing proof of the clubs accounts and transfer activity''.

What are you suggesting?  I thought that the accounts were presented at the AGM and if so were you there to see them? I also think that if you called in to CR they would be happy to let you have a copy.

That one sentence suggests that you are looking for something more sinister than just an inept board and then questions arise as to your motives

I feel sure that you can clear this one up by explaining what help the clubs accounts will be towards sacking the board!!. 

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Hopefully!.

OTBC.

[/quote]

Bang on 1st Wiz!. Can these YTS protesters not see that, rightly or wrongly on their views on the NCFC board....WHAT GOOD WILL A PROTEST DO NOW?? IT''LL CAUSE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON. THE TEAM WILL CONTINUE TO PICK UP POINTS, BUT WHAT THE HELL WILL HAPPEN IF THE BOARD WALKED NOW??. I''LL TELL YOU...UP 5H1T CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE.

[/quote]

They are so inept i thought they had already walked out, and dont worry they wont go anywhere without getting their dosh back first. So when do you make a protest in the summer, when they are all on the beach?.

not everything was fully disclosed and if claims we are running at a debt are true how come we are not in administration? What we want from the board is acceptable reasons why money has not been invested in players,when we made a profit last year? As for going quite and not getting behind the team-get your facts straight. Did you not hear talksport this morning? see last nights evening news? This is about investing that money that has gone into the club back into playing staff.

It''s silly little boys playing "Look how I can bring about change like Daddy did when we got rid of Chase".

We can all debate the board at the end of the season, and sensible posters like Jas the Barclay King, Yellow Hammer and Good Lord, Dare I Say It, 1st Wiz can provide a balanced account of where they think the board has gone wrong. Those of us who support the board have our own point of view and can counter and have a reasoned debate. The reactionaries and extremists can be ignored like any attention-seeking noisy child should be.

Until then however, we all need to get behind the team and keep pushing them away from relegation. The travelling Y''Army did us proud last night by all accounts and did their bit to inspire the players on. Let''s hope they do the same at Barnsley and that the "Why Don''t You" crowd all decide to go and play on their BMX''s on Tuesday night instead.

for anyone who believes that i wasnt actually around for the chase riots-i was at the league cup final defeats in the 70s where were you? if any of you have any sensible issues to take up please email me at ncfcsacktheboard@yahoo.co.uk  rather that resort to your usual gang mentality and bizarre attempts to bully me, seriously do you think a few of your little gang are going get us to stop this. Oh but then you wouldnt be hiding behind your alias on this message board. For those concerned my name is lee oliver and i live in tuckswood norwich city supporter since the age of 5. please email me. i refuse to get into a debate with the likes of 1st wizard anymore.

[quote user="Canary02"]

It''s silly little boys playing "Look how I can bring about change like Daddy did when we got rid of Chase".

We can all debate the board at the end of the season, and sensible posters like Jas the Barclay King, Yellow Hammer and Good Lord, Dare I Say It, 1st Wiz can provide a balanced account of where they think the board has gone wrong. Those of us who support the board have our own point of view and can counter and have a reasoned debate. The reactionaries and extremists can be ignored like any attention-seeking noisy child should be.

Until then however, we all need to get behind the team and keep pushing them away from relegation. The travelling Y''Army did us proud last night by all accounts and did their bit to inspire the players on. Let''s hope they do the same at Barnsley and that the "Why Don''t You" crowd all decide to go and play on their BMX''s on Tuesday night instead.

[/quote]

100% spot on.

[quote user="ricky knight"]The point is if we win every game till the end of the season, we would still be behind where we should be, this board has not got the clout, now or in the future. I dont think a one off demo to get the board out of their comfort zone is a bad idea, as long as it remains, dignified and peaceful.[/quote]

Peaceful protest? It''s not 1967 Ricky. I can just see ND etc looking out the window going ''Look theres that wrestler and Smudger kindly asking us to hand the club over to no one, how sweet''. If you''re gonna protest you''re gonna have to do it properly. And you need numbers (remember when Keegan sold Cole?). I don''t see your point about the protest being ineffective when the season ends/summer...the club is running everyday of the year. But if you''ve got to protest...do it then...FOR EVERYONES SAKE.

[quote user="theolster"]for anyone who believes that i wasnt actually around for the chase riots-i was at the league cup final defeats in the 70s where were you? if any of you have any sensible issues to take up please email me at ncfcsacktheboard@yahoo.co.uk  rather that resort to your usual gang mentality and bizarre attempts to bully me, seriously do you think a few of your little gang are going get us to stop this. Oh but then you wouldnt be hiding behind your alias on this message board. For those concerned my name is lee oliver and i live in tuckswood norwich city supporter since the age of 5. please email me. i refuse to get into a debate with the likes of 1st wizard anymore.[/quote]

I don''t think people are trying to bully you, and obviously you are going to protest as you''ve gone out on a limb and got the press involved so you''re stuck with it now. The fact is that after last nights result, you won''t have half as many floating voters joining you as would if we''d lost. Perhaps we''ll get battered at Barnsley and your numbers will come up, but Luton will certainly keep a lot of people away.

The fact is that organising a demonstration, regardless of whether you''re advocating backing the players, is poor timing when we''re in the midst of a relegation dogfight. Players who are here but considering moving on in the summer, will look at all the hard work they''ve put in last night to win a match, see the travelling support in raptures and enjoy the moment with them, and then come back here to play Derby and see people moaning and chanting vitriol outside the ground. Would you want to work in that atmosphere when you have the chance to go elsewhere? "But it''s not about them" you may say. Doesn''t matter, they don''t care. They just see it as a kick in the teeth from the "supporters" after they''ve worked their nuts off.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Now, don''t you think this would have made a better subject for canary call than Ryan jarvis?[/quote]

Oh do behave Ru!, I only do TV work and I never have done radio...........................yet!.

[/quote]

Wiz - Crimewatch doesn''t count!

Wink [;)]

Yes they will look so silly, and I will take pictures of there little protest and post for all to see..........maybe even a small youtube video so we can all have a really good laugh.they''ll be 20 at most.....................LOL 

I couldnt be happier with last nights result-do you seriously think i want my club to lose? i hope we win every game, this dosent ignore the fact that we are no better off now than we were under robert chase.as ive already said my name is lee oliver email ncfcsacktheboard@yahoo.co.uk if you wish to make comments or contact me as this site is now bordering on ridiculous and i fully accept that i am partly to blame for that, but also certain people need to accept that aswell. This demo is for the fans who agree with me-those who dont-stop giving us so much attention! I will reply to no more messages on this thread. i am not afraid of people knowing who i am, so why are others insulting under the comfort of an alias. if you really care and have a sensible point please email it to me and ill get back to you soon as i can. Im busy tonight till the late evening so please wait for a reply before slagging me off again. I wonder if all the people with so much to say will say it in person?

[quote user="theolster"]not everything was fully disclosed and if claims we are running at a debt are true how come we are not in administration? What we want from the board is acceptable reasons why money has not been invested in players,when we made a profit last year? As for going quite and not getting behind the team-get your facts straight. Did you not hear talksport this morning? see last nights evening news? This is about investing that money that has gone into the club back into playing staff.[/quote]

If you want a copy of the club accounts you only have to ask. I have one because I am a shareholder. Perhaps you should buy some youself. You don''t need to spend a fortune either, some people only hold 10 shares but it still entitles them to attend the AGM.

Nor can you accuse the board of not making a full disclosure of the finances. The accounts have to be ratified by acredited accountants. In our case it was Grant Thornton who are registered auditors and chartered accountants.

[quote user="theolster"]What??? The protest has always been BACK THE PLAYERS-SACK THE BOARD! Have you not been paying attention? Did people not see me on the norwich v luton match thread urging us on and predicting we would win 3-1 or 3-2 when we were 1-0 down and others where already moaning? If you had you will have read that i want everyone to get behind the team 100%. The protest is still planned for 7pm at the derby game on the 6th of march and foolish comments like yours wont help put people off. Any chance that we call off the protest will depend on the board publicly releasing proof of the clubs accounts and transfer activity.Not daft comments like this.[/quote]

When I got home last night I looked on here and I saw you had been active on this board loudly showing support for the team before and during the game last night. Very commendable, and I will defend you against anyone who say''s different. However, I do wonder why you haven''t been so loud and supportive on here during previous away games.

[quote user="theolster"]ricardo- please email full details to me at ncfcsacktheboard@yahoo.co.uk, not all of us can afford shares, some of us find it hard to get the money together to  buy a season ticket due to familys etc[/quote]

theolster

There must be thousands of these annual reports floating around the city. Surely you must know someone who has one? It''s a 50 page book with Huckerby on the cover. If you want to see mine I''ll take it to Barnsley on Saturday and you can have a read. I want it back though.

theolster, just give up seriously

i saw you post this on the ncfc-fans forum as well and well... the response you got was hilarious. theres only a few here who support you and im sure delia won''t be quaking in her boots at you and smudgey walking down the street shouting smith out or whatever it is you intend on doing.

its probably time to get priorities right, 1. support the team, get behind them wave flags sings songs etc etc etc, then in the summer when we are safe and still in this division start your protesting. it will have less effect on the players and you may have more people in support.

im sure the club will send u one theolster... PLC and all that... not sure the laws but dont they have to make their figures publicly accessable?

Have u got a website theolster for sacking the board? or is it just an email address...

im just curios to see how it all works compared to the well organised and effective Worthy out site. i wont be joining or protesting even though i think a change of board would be good.

jas :)

[quote user="theolster"]cheers nigel,trying to arrange a car to go.let you know. email me at ncfcsacktheboard@yahoo.co.uk if you like. [/quote]

Why would I want to email you at that address theolster?

You didn''t answer my questions on the other thread, why not?

You can borrow my report if you want, but surely you must know someone who has one, they really are "two a penny"!

I am with you on this Wiz. I still have serious concerns over the performance of the NCFC board over the last couple of seasons and I feel that they have played a game of russian roulette with the future of the club, but it now looks as if their gamble not to invest heavily this season was the right call in as much as the current set of players clearly have the will and determination to see us home safely. On that note I was so happy with the result last night and I hold my hands up and say that I got it totally wrong regarding my "Why I think we will be relegated thread".

There are still big questions to be answered, such as how many people renew their season tickets next year (I have renewed), how the club cope with the loss of £7m of revenue, how much money PG will be given to continue to mould a squad in his own image and whether that squad will be good enough to mount a serious promotion challenge (which I sincerely hope is the aim/objective of the NCFC board).

If people want to protest that is up to them, despite the fact I have issues with the board I will not be joining them, personally I do not believe now is the time to mount such a protest. 

Ist Wizard wrote

If you seriously believe that your motley little crew wield that much power olster, then you are indeed living in la a land matey.

You should know Wiz you lived there long enough