Sign in to follow this  
Sing, Sing, wherever you may be...

Derby at home-Tuesday 6th march.Demonstraion against the board

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I would be very interested if the people on here lambasting others who feel moved to protest against the current regime supported or joined in with the protests against Chase? These,of course, had the direct result of ushering in the very group they are now defending to the hilt. Or back then was it the same old negative platitudes "there`s no-one who wants to take over" or "its not so bad,who needs a decent team when you`ve got a nice ground to look at and lovely carpets in the boardroom?". I think i already know the answer.[/quote]

I was very close to all the events surrounding the last days of Mr Chase and you could see from what happened that afternoon in Leicester that was the beginning of the end for his regime.

Nobody is saying that this board or that Mr Chase never done anything that was any good at the club.  Is that a reason in itself for those in control to stand in the way of the club progressing or halting it''s slide in to financial ruin?

Thorny-thanks for the email, cheers.

cambridge canary-this is not intended as a bullying campaign it is intended to be a 1 off peacefull demonstration to let the board know we are not happy.

Mrcarrow-Yes i was involved in the chase out protests. The whole concept of it was to find a replacement, this we done but with time they have slowly turned things back into the style of mr chase and are getting away with it. How were we to know this? we were not, but with any luck things will be different this time. More of our income needs to go on the pitch not restaurants, hotels etc. I would prefer a ground like portsmouths and be where they are than  have our nice tidy stadium in league 1!

To the people signing me up for ipswich town updates-even i can see the funnny side of that, so nice try.No im not Nigel worthington-are you neil doncaster? ha ha ha!

MARCH 6TH DERBY AT HOME

7PM SWIMMING POOL TO THE CITY STAND 

WE WANT DELIA OUT SAY WE WANT DELIA OUT!

PLAYERS NOT PASTIES!

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]Since there appears to be nobody willing to take their place what would anti  Board protest actually achieve?[/quote]

An empty boardroom... We could storm it and set up a tranja stove and pirate radio... Squatters rights...

It will all go horribly wrong though when our leader gets too big for his boots and starts requesting grapes and vine leaves...

I think maybe some people have missed my point about the Chase out protests and their relevance now. I played an active part in those days and i support the protests now-but i think its pretty obvious that the people who are against protesting now were saying exactly the same things back then. "Protesting doesn`t achieve anything"-we got rid of Chase and ushered in the current regime who some feel are above criticism. "Theres no-one to take over"-did anyone know that Delia et al were waiting in the wings whilst many were making exactly the same assertion in relation to Chase?

Unfortunately in these situations the same group of judgemental fence-sitters tend to rear their heads,getting their sense of rightousness by poo-pooing any idea of action whilst offering nothing more positive than the idea that it is stupid to do anything unless there is an absolute gaurantee of it working. Far more intelligent to just let things drift,keep quiet, pretend everythings fine, and at some unspecified point in the future things MIGHT improve. God knows where this club would be now had the apathetics won last time round.

perhaps some people could get there heads out of the sand nand answer my question. What is the difference between robert chases regime and the current board. we need a takepver by people, not neccaserly who want to pump millions into the club, but put the income into the playing field rather than catering, hotels etc.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I would be very interested if the people on here lambasting others who feel moved to protest against the current regime supported or joined in with the protests against Chase? These,of course, had the direct result of ushering in the very group they are now defending to the hilt. Or back then was it the same old negative platitudes "there`s no-one who wants to take over" or "its not so bad,who needs a decent team when you`ve got a nice ground to look at and lovely carpets in the boardroom?". I think i already know the answer.[/quote]

Would disagree here. The cause of Chase''s removal was shareholder action.

We can shout and scream until we''re blue, we don''t have shareholder support with this action whereas we did with the Chase movement.

And for the record, I didn''t participate in the Chase out demos, I was a bit young. Going to matches, but my parents didn''t want me involved with that sort of stuff.

[/quote]

Seeing as you were a "bit young" at the time, how come you are so sure of the circumstances of Chase`s exit? I can assure you that,being in possession  of more than 50% of the shares, Chase was all powerful and quite content to ride out any pressure from smaller shareholders. What got him out was the direct pressure applied to him,his family and his business interests from supporters determined to make him see sense.

[quote user="theolster"]

perhaps some people could get there heads out of the sand nand answer my question. What is the difference between robert chases regime and the current board. we need a takepver by people, not neccaserly who want to pump millions into the club, but put the income into the playing field rather than catering, hotels etc.

[/quote]Well during the robert chase regime we continually sold our best players i.e sutton, fox, ward, newsome and during delia''s regime we have done our best to sign quality players huckerby, crouch, ashton, safri, earnshaw. Do not tell me we would have signed any of the previously mentioned if chase was still in charge because we wouldn''t. I accept my arguement falls down when you look at the calibre of player signed in the last couple of years but you cannot bury your head in the sand and pretend that everything is rosy in the world of football it''s a loss making business and unless your in the premiership there is very little real money around to spend on players. Do you seriously want delia to gamble with the future of our club by signing loads of overpriced players on the off chance they will win us promotion? that route only leads to administration.

[quote user="theolster"]

[/quote]

What do you think the difference is theolster?

I think one of the main differences is that Robert Chase did everything his own way, took all the decisions himself. Where as the current board put a team in place to implement an agreed policy to try to keep this club competetive in a very different set of circumstances.

I agree mistakes have been made, its disappointing where we are now and can understand why people feel the need to protest. However, I believe that a campaign to try and get a change of policy from the present board would be far more beneficial to the club than a hate campaign agaisnt Delia and MWJ trying to force them out with no thought about who would replace them.

The people who want to protest don''t need to be so abusive either. Why do you accuse people like me of having their head buried in the sand. Why do others call us sheep or squeekies? Why are we pathetic? Why are we happy to see our club relegated?

I would be happy to have a debate with you on here, but just as happy to trade insults. You choose!

To the opening poster and all those wishing to protest.Your finger hurts. What you going to do?Cut it off?

This is a sorry state of affairs, it''s been a long time since I have seen NCFC fans at eachothers throats, acting like nothing more than school children in a playground fight......not my fault she/he did it...etc

I think it''s indeed a more sorry state that no matter what your opinion of the board, club and players you get chastised, called names etc for that view.  I don''t care what your opinion is, you are free to hold that view and I will respect that 100%, and expect nothingless than the same for my views.

People ask time and time again on this thread and others for a definitive answer to the question, protest against the board, but to what ends?  Has anyone answered clearly what would happen if the board were to go?  NCFC is not likely to have many millionaires / billionaires clambering to be at the helm, IMO.

Im all up for protest, when I think the time is right, and IMO that time is not now.  But with us facing possible relegation, mood at the club especially among fans, is low, is this the right time to protest?  Personally, and it is only my personal opinion, I think the time now is for fans uniting in a common cause, to save this club and get behind the players. 

[quote user="theolster"]

Thorny-thanks for the email, cheers.

cambridge canary-this is not intended as a bullying campaign it is intended to be a 1 off peacefull demonstration to let the board know we are not happy.

Mrcarrow-Yes i was involved in the chase out protests. The whole concept of it was to find a replacement, this we done but with time they have slowly turned things back into the style of mr chase and are getting away with it. How were we to know this? we were not, but with any luck things will be different this time. More of our income needs to go on the pitch not restaurants, hotels etc. I would prefer a ground like portsmouths and be where they are than  have our nice tidy stadium in league 1!

To the people signing me up for ipswich town updates-even i can see the funnny side of that, so nice try.No im not Nigel worthington-are you neil doncaster? ha ha ha!

MARCH 6TH DERBY AT HOME

7PM SWIMMING POOL TO THE CITY STAND 

WE WANT DELIA OUT SAY WE WANT DELIA OUT!

PLAYERS NOT PASTIES!

[/quote]

I entirely understand what you say and respect your position.  What I deplore is two things

1)  Smudger''s call to bully and harrass Delia Smith which is nothing to do with you.

2)  That only Marshmellow and I have actually challenged Smudger and

his appallingly behaviour.  Do the rest of you condone his call to

target Delia for bullying.

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]
You cannot honestly believe that it is acceptable to make delia & her families life a misery? I think that is taking it to far, demonstrate by all means that is your right as a supporter but don''t make it personal.
[/quote]

I see it as entirely acceptable... she has made City fans Saturday''s a misery for the past 2 seasons and has shown no inclination that she may turn things around!!!

[/quote]

I am afraid this is a completely unreasonable attitude Smudger and, even if we all agreed with you it would still not mitigate such an attitude.

It undermines everything else you state and will prevent people taking you seriously. If you want to make your point, do it maturely and rise above whatever it is you feel has been done to you.

[/quote]

CambridgeCanary, I''d like to add my name to that list. Above is my post from page 7 on this thread from yesterday...

OK, the differences between Chase''s board and this one:ON-FIELD (at end of time in charge)In Premiership- DS 0 - 0 RCIn Championship- DS (-1) - (-1) RC [negative score as it is not a good thing], current league names are used for simplicity.Doing well in Championship- DS 0 - 0 RCDoing badly in Championship- DS (-1) - 0 RCDEBT:We are in debt - DS (-1) - (-1) RCThe debt is secured, and on long term repayment plans - DS 1-0 RCThe debt is of a similar size to that of other clubs in our league, and smaller than others - DS 1-0 RCOFF-FIELDThe off the field activities are long term investments - DS 1-1 RCThe off the field activities will make on going profits which will go into the clubs funds - DS 1-0 RCPLAYERSPlayers are brought at the request of the manager, who is backed while in charge - DS 1-0 RC[Can only think of Howard who worthy wanted and this board refused as the price was over double our valuation (it would have gone up further in a bidding war with Derby, others have failed due to the player invovled.  Compare this to the Windass case which was turned down flat.]Top Players are sold on (when they would stay) - DS 1-0 RC[the ones sold recently Ashton, Green, Francis and McKenzie all desperately wanted out, compare this to Sutton et al.]DEALINGS WITH FANSManagement issue out-right LIES to the fans. DS 0 - (-1) RC [this is a contentious one, but I don''t remember any statements saying "Dean Ashton WILL be a Norwich player in Febuary", it was "We would like Ashton to be here and will not sell for anything but a very large offer" compare to "If Sutton is not at this club then neither will I be"]Management "Spins" all dealings with the press and fans. DS 0 - 0 RC[It has always happened, Its just got popular to accuse people off it now, it just used to be called "public relations".]DEALINGS WITH THE MANAGERThe board has a good relationship with the manager - DS 1 - 0 RC[Martin O''Neill walked out.]The board has a professional employer/employee realtionship with manager - DS 0 - 1 RC[Smith overly close to Worthington, leading to a delay in his sacking]I make the total score 4-(-1) to the current board over Chase in these areas. There are your differences between the boards. I know that peple will disagree with my assessment of the situation, but thats life. I have tried to pick the areas to measure the board on to take account of the accusations levelled at them, while at the same time judging them on that which is under their control.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I entirely understand what you say and respect your position.  What I deplore is two things

1)  Smudger''s call to bully and harrass Delia Smith which is nothing to do with you.

2)  That only Marshmellow and I have actually challenged Smudger and

his appallingly behaviour.  Do the rest of you condone his call to

target Delia for bullying.[/quote]I did take the issue up with him as well, i''m sure many others feel just as strogly about it?

out of interest how has this protest been organised?

has it been done with the full consent and assistance of Norfolk constabulary as the WO protests were?

will there be a fun and family atmoshphere encouraged with chanting not allowing swearing due to the fact children might be there?

i wont be at the protest... I felt the WOrthy out protests left me feeling jaded afterwards and it took a long while for me to enjoy going to games again..

what i will say is watch out for this Blonde girl who might have a go at u and say how the board are "laughing at u" she said exactrly the same thing at every worthy out protest only to be standing with them all at the Burnley game.. she wasnt Protesting but wanted to be seen with the protestors.. when me and my mate mentioned it to her she shrugged and ripped up her Worthy out poster... only to move to another area and get another one!

jas :)

CC - you can also add me to the list of people who strongly object, not to Smudger''s right to say what he wants, but to the bullying, arrogant and malicious manner in which he puts his argument across.

BTW, I shall be outside Morrisons before the Derby home match on Tuesday the 6th March if anyone wishes to join me in a protest against Smudger. Lol! [:D] 

CambridgeCanary wrote

2)  That only Marshmellow and I have actually challenged Smudger and his appallingly behaviour.  Do the rest of you condone his call to target Delia for bullying.

I''m fully with you CC. I depore bullying which begins with name calling to diminish the subject and there are a few on here guilty of doing that to Delia even if they have since pulled back.

[quote user="theolster"]at 7pm march the 6th meet outside riverside swimming pool  to march to the city stand and demonstrate against what the board is turning the club into.We have a celebrity big brother board, who fail to deliver answers.Delia loves the media attention and dosent it seem strange that every time she sits with us normal folk out of 25,000 people the press always know exactly where shes sitting? With the best away support in the league and sell out games week in week out  at home we deserve changes and showing our anger is the only way to draw attention to it. Ashton,Green,sky money, parachute payments,WHERES THE MONEY GONE? WE WANT DELIA+DONCASTER OUT! See you on the 6th.[/quote]

So are you this Lee Oliver that the EEN refers to or is that Smudger???

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Even Mystic Megson, who has posted some sensible input in the past is starting to get carried away with rhetoric that goes nowhere,  "The main purpose is to focus attention on the board and get them, at long long last, to accept their share of responsibility for the mess we''re in ".....at long last Megson? Who was there to invest in Norwich when we desperately needed it. The fact that they are still there through good and bad is a testament to their accountability and their commitment. It''s their money they have invested, so they would have to be pretty stupid to deliberately plan to reduce the value of their assets. Everything I''ve heard from Delia and Michael suggests to me they are intelligent people and have a long way to go before hitting the bottom of some of the nonsense I see being spouted by some people on here. If they stood up in front of you personally and said "We''re guilty...we did not handle things as well as we wanted to, but we are going to improve and make another lauch on the Premiership next season." Is that going to change how you feel? I don''t think so because you want your pound of flesh. Some of the strident nonsense I see from a very few posters on this forum suggest they have a make-up that is more suited to the French Revolution.

[/quote]

Yankee, I assume your post crossed with mine at 4.45pm yesterday. 

Your reference to the French Revolution in spookily coincidental.  Just yesterday I was reflecting on the parallels between our Delia and Marie Antoinette who, when told that the Parisian poor had no bread to eat (they were starving, in other words) replied "Let them eat cake", thus turning legitimate unrest into a revolution.  Delia''s approach to the current situation is equally out of touch, equally arrogant and imperious, and equally likely to conclude with her head in a basket (metaphorically speaking - don''t get excited Smudger) if this goes on.  "Let them eat pasties" just about sums it all up. 

What''s your problem with the French Revolution btw?  Didn''t it take its inspiration in part from the American War of Independence - life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and all that . . . Yankee?

I''ve never heard such a stupid idea in all my life! As if the Worthy Out protests didnt divide this club enough you want to have a protest and divide the fans a bit more?! If you think you can protest before the game and think it wont affect what goes on on the pitch after it you are as deluded those that think we are not in a relegation battle! Get behind the team and save demonstrations against the board for when we are not facing a relegation battle!

On the ball city!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

2)  That only Marshmellow and I have actually challenged Smudger and his appallingly behaviour.  Do the rest of you condone his call to target Delia for bullying.
[/quote]

I did take the issue up with him as well, i''m sure many others feel just as strogly about it?
[/quote]

My profound apologies to you and mbnfc and anyone else whose post challenging Smudger I missed in this horrendously complex thread.  My respect to those who have stood up and joined us.

We do not condone bullying, swearing etc toward delia smith or anyone. we merely want to changes or at least satisfactory answers. Yes i am lee oliver. Please feel fee to email me at ncfcsacktheboard@yahoo.co.uk . Any bully or offensive behaviour is not accepatable, and i wish to dismiss myself from any such actions. I am however a norwich city fan and want whats best for our club which i and others believe is a change to the current regime. You are free to your opinions as are we but this tyhread was not intended to become a bitching competetion!

PLAYERS NOT PASTIES!

ON THE BALL CITY!

The EEN article unintentionally highlights one of the best reasons to protest, which is to try and cut through the spin coming out of CR and make people aware of some simple facts. 

They interviewed a fan who was against the protest because "the club is running at a loss".  NO IT ISN''T!  It has made a healthy profit for a club of our size for the past two seasons. 

I''d like to think that Archant''s finest would be onto the case to pose the questions that really need to be asked, but past experience suggests that probably won''t  happen.  How else are we going to get people to WAKE UP! 

POINTS BEFORE PROFITS!

[quote user="theolster"]

We do not condone bullying, swearing etc toward delia smith or anyone. we merely want to changes or at least satisfactory answers. Yes i am lee oliver. Please feel fee to email me at ncfcsacktheboard@yahoo.co.uk . Any bully or offensive behaviour is not accepatable, and i wish to dismiss myself from any such actions. I am however a norwich city fan and want whats best for our club which i and others believe is a change to the current regime. You are free to your opinions as are we but this tyhread was not intended to become a bitching competetion!

PLAYERS NOT PASTIES!

ON THE BALL CITY!

[/quote] glad to read this Theolster.  I agree with your aims and your principles.  I am not sure whether your objective is in the best interests of the Club as I feel Delia has been useful and has a future with us.  I also believe that something has to change and the Board needs strenthening.  Most of all I believe that we can and should discuss this issue as comradely adults all with the same overall objective in mind.......a thriving and successful club.

Cluck - where do you stand on Smudger''s threats?   With him or with Theolstar and the rest of us?

A message board awaits your words.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Even Mystic Megson, who has posted some sensible input in the past is starting to get carried away with rhetoric that goes nowhere,  "The main purpose is to focus attention on the board and get them, at long long last, to accept their share of responsibility for the mess we''re in ".....at long last Megson? Who was there to invest in Norwich when we desperately needed it. The fact that they are still there through good and bad is a testament to their accountability and their commitment. It''s their money they have invested, so they would have to be pretty stupid to deliberately plan to reduce the value of their assets. Everything I''ve heard from Delia and Michael suggests to me they are intelligent people and have a long way to go before hitting the bottom of some of the nonsense I see being spouted by some people on here. If they stood up in front of you personally and said "We''re guilty...we did not handle things as well as we wanted to, but we are going to improve and make another lauch on the Premiership next season." Is that going to change how you feel? I don''t think so because you want your pound of flesh. Some of the strident nonsense I see from a very few posters on this forum suggest they have a make-up that is more suited to the French Revolution.

[/quote]

Your reference to the French Revolution in spookily coincidental.  Just yesterday I was reflecting on the parallels between our Delia and Marie Antoinette who, when told that the Parisian poor had no bread to eat (they were starving, in other words) replied "Let them eat cake", thus turning legitimate unrest into a revolution.  Delia''s approach to the current situation is equally out of touch, equally arrogant and imperious, and equally likely to conclude with her head in a basket (metaphorically speaking - don''t get excited Smudger) if this goes on.  "Let them eat pasties" just about sums it all up. 

What''s your problem with the French Revolution btw?  Didn''t it take its inspiration in part from the American War of Independence - life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and all that . . . Yankee?

[/quote]

[Y]  Excellent post MYSTIC and I shall try my best to be a good boy!!!  [A]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="A load of squit"]

You''re the one who can''t be bothered to protest, the blood of relegation will be on your hands.

[/quote]

you are one whom beleived worthy was doing a good job while he decimated the side.  The blood of failure is already on your hands.

[/quote]

And you were the one who was going to give him until Christmas.

And we''re still playing the player you praised, Andy Hughes, thats a stain you''ll never wash off.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

I''m sure the 12 people that will be involved in this demonstration will do the club alot of good.

I for one won''t be going. Directors need to be bought out or forced out by shareholders. We can scream until blue in the face and it won''t make the blindest bit of difference. This isn''t an employed position which you can be sacked from like the managers job, and most seem to forget that.

[/quote]

Congratulations on supporting the relegation of NCFC in to the abyss that is Division 1 football... I applaud you Sir!!!  [:@]

[/quote]

You''re the one who can''t be bothered to protest, the blood of relegation will be on your hands.

[/quote]

I have already protested against the board twice this season!!!

[/quote]

Claiming to protest on your own and then telling people is like those wierd Americans who claim they were captured by aliens.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Due to this being match day MM, I almost missed your input.

Obviously, I disagree with your point of view on Delia and also think that you will find the fortunes of NCFC will significantly improve again while Delia still holds control of the club. Regardless, it does not seem that will change your view of her. Also, I think, unlike the imperious image you are conveying, Delia is eating the same bread as evryone else through this struggle. I believe that, when her time is ultimately up some long time down the road, history will reflect kindly on her time at the club. By the way, am I right in in perceiving you are not a Monarchist? Have you seen "The Queen?"