Sign in to follow this  
Sing, Sing, wherever you may be...

Derby at home-Tuesday 6th march.Demonstraion against the board

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="Polar1990"]

smudger, seriously get a hobby

golf or equestrian, rock climbing anything, just stop with your stupid moaning at the board and everyone else +that extends to those who are of similar mind. whats the point in a protest, thats not going to help the team at all. why not try cheering the team for a change?

seriously hobby get one!

[/quote]

Haven''t you noticed Polar - he can''t cheer the team because he isn''t at the ground (see post 3.44 Saturday) unless he left the game after the goal to run home post and get back for the much improved 2nd half.!!

[/quote]

Over half of this forum "aren''t at the ground" either....and nor was I....by choice. They''ve seen the last of me until Smith slings her hook....and my paid for seats will stay empty.

Say what you like about Smudger my squeaky friend.... but he''s got more bottle than most on here and talks a great deal of sense....but only if you are prepared to listen of course.

[/quote]

Keeping these Miserabilists away from Carrow Road is the reason I support the board.

Stop the moaning, Stop the Booing (how does that help the players), Stop the protests and START supporting the team. The fans overwhelming support at the Leicester home game after Grants rant helped the team lets see more of that on the 6th and not another protest. At the moment NCFC wants points and not protests!!!

What is the point in all this nonsense.

If you reallly want the baord out then have you got a replacement, have they got £M''s to buy out Delia and co and invest more in the club.

Until you have somebody else in mind who can do better I suggest you stick to playing with your marbles!

the only way to protest is to stay away from the games ,by keep turning up everygame and filling the stand we show our support to the team and the board.

by protesting will change nothing.

Will it impact results?   We had protests this time last year and we had our best run of the season.

However I wont be joining them - and at risk of being club spinner, which I hope my history will suggest is not the case, I will say why.  

We still have a talented group of players which the new manager has actually improved during the January transfer windows.   What the manager has not done is establish a real playing style of his own suggesting that he like Worthy hasnt a scooby how to get the best out of either the squad as a group (formations used 4-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 3-6-1 etc)   nor players individually, (Etuhu) or which players are doing well (Camp, MArshall, Gally, Ashdown in goal,  Dion, DOc, Shac in defence, Safri in and out in midfield, Etuhu unsubbable let alone undroppable,  Hux left or centre,  Hughes right or centre,  lappin left or centre, fozzy right or centre etc etc etc)    

Basically my view remains that we now have a starting 11 that can succeed in this league, we now have more options from the bench than we did at the start of the season and youth have made a breakthrough this season.  Basically the mechanics of success are there.

The problems at our club are purely on the pitch,  the coaching and playing staff are not delivering to the level they can or should be.  I have no doubt that Peter Grant is working hard at winning games and avoiding relegation but his only failing is lacking clarity on how to acheive it with the players he has.  

I do not think the players are contributing as fully as they could.

Smudger:

Now you know that you and I think alike on this whole board issue, however......................

I don''t believe a protest is the way to go my friend, I much prefer a boycott (or a delay at least) in buying season tickets. The board are thick skinned, remember Worthy?, but where money is concened, they tend to panic a bit!.

Another key to the above is to write letters to them explaining your actions for not renewing, otherwise they don''t relate to the issue staring them in the eye!.

But best of luck mate, we always need passionate and careing supporters like you.

Polar 1990:

Your ''head in the sand'' attitude appalls me, I''m amazed that you can be so complacent with the clubs dire situation. I quote you:

''we are not higher up the table because we do not have the players''

Exactly!.

This is why fine supportes like Smudger and Cluck get so upset. We SHOULD have the players and we SHOULD have the money. Millions of pounds have been wasted and its a bloody disgrace!.

Give me strength.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Over half of this forum "aren''t at the ground" either....and nor was I....by choice. They''ve seen the last of me until Smith slings her hook....and my paid for seats will stay empty.

Say what you like about Smudger my squeaky friend.... but he''s got more bottle than most on here and talks a great deal of sense....but only if you are prepared to listen of course. [/quote]

If you and your mate Smudger aren''t now going to the games, aren''t happy with the club, aren''t interested in whats going on down there and aren''t going to support the lads when they need you

Why continue to bother posting on this forum?

So thats theolster, smudger, alex and cluck so far, let us know how you get on with your demonstration against the board and take some pictures [:D]

If you and your mate Smudger aren''t now going to the games, aren''t happy with the club, aren''t interested in whats going on down there and aren''t going to support the lads when they need you

How many more times!!! We are the first to take a stand against the board because we love the club and changes need to be made. People find it quite acceptable to jeer the manager and players every week but when it comes to the board for some reeason they cant get there heads out of the sand.

Show you are not happy, a 1 off demonstration on the 6th before the derby game. It makes me laugh that people have said it will affect the players and they think its ok to boo the players????????????

Have a mind of your own and tell me what this board is doing to get our club back in the premiership and not back to the days of robert chase.

March 6th, swimming pool, 7pm

ncfcsacktheboard@yahoo.co.uk.co.uk

BACK THE PLAYERS SACK THE BOARD!

PLAYERS NOT PASTYS!

If we''re serious about this we need to try and think straight, and not get carried away by understandable feelings of desperation.

Do we know what we want to achieve?  Sack the board, or get them to acknowledge their share of responsibility for the current situation and refocus on football?  Can we agree, and is either objective achievable?  How long would it take to achieve, and would it have any bearing at this late stage on whether we stay up or go down?  

fwiw I believe we''ve missed the boat, but I won''t go on and on about what we should have done last year, this is now.  There is one faint glimmer of hope, however, which is that if things get much worse the board will start fighting among themselves and someone will break ranks (my money would be on Micky Foulger, who probably has enough clout locally to set up a consortium if he felt so inclined).    

Therefore, we need to consider carefully whether or not a protest against the board could actually be counterproductive, by creating a siege mentality and uniting them just at a time when things are starting to fall apart.    

I think we should keep our nerve for the time being, keep alert for signs of internal disharmony and allow events to take their course.  It could end in relegation, but a protest isn''t going to prevent that in any case.  Masterly inactivity, I think they call it.

Apart from Munby''s efforts to convince us that the "two games" statement was made of behalf of the whole board when it clearly wasn''t, I have no concrete evidence that things are not all sweetness and light in the boardroom, but there are times when you just have to trust your gut feeling.

Sack the man responsible for the situation we are in................. GRANT.he is a disgrace and an absolute waste of time. the tactics and team selections of a mad man.SACK GRANT NOW.

[quote user="theolster"]

mystic megson- im free to other suggestions and glad you can see all is not right within the board.

ncfcsackthebaord@yahoo.co.uk

BACK THE PLAYERS SACK THE BOARD!

PLAYERS NOT PASTYS!.

[/quote]

Cheers, theolster.  No doubt you''re aware that the first deadline for season ticket renewals is 3rd March, so expect a torrent of spin from CR around the time of your planned protest.  Regardless of whether the renewal rate is up or down, our loyal fans deserve better.  True loyalty is a two-way process.

As far as my theory goes, Jimmy Jones breaking ranks (after O''Neill walked out) was the beginning of the end for Chairman Bob.  It''s happened before and it can happen again.

Best of luck.

POINTS BEFORE PROFITS!

ok wiz enlighten me, where does this money come from? these millions we have earned from the sale of players has been used on wages and the like, rightly or wrongly, money doesnt grow on trees so where do you expect the millions we ''should'' have to come from?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Say what you like about Smudger my squeaky friend.... but he''s got more bottle than most on here and talks a great deal of sense....but only if you are prepared to listen of course. [/quote]

[/quote]

Because "denialists" like you must not be allowed to monopolise the club''s fortunes....and it is infact you....and folks like you who are perpetuating the current problem by habitually going along to CR irrespective of the appalling state of play.

By choosing not to go to games until things improve, at least I am showing some kind of reaction....and remember they have taken my money already....largely under false pretences. I note the club are rattling the can again now to flog their 2008 wares.....but with even less hope of anything worthwhile happening....who will be daft enough to fall for it? You''re right....the "denialists" and Delia Smith "loyalists".........

If you honestly think changes are made by sitting meekly and doing nothing you are mistaken. Personally I would rather not be there than feel compelled to boo the rubbish on the pitch.....because that is what I would instinctively do. I have great affection for the club I have supported since 1962...but what we have now is a corporate mongrel owned by a tv cook....and I have no affection for "her" or "it" at all.

While I have no wish to cross swords with you....please do not assume the higher ground because you are happy to do nothing. Maybe some of us perhaps care rather more than you.....and are prepared therefore to make a stand in an effort to bring back much better days......days which you and the other "denialists" would be only too happy to experience I''m sure.

Our club has been hijacked by celebrity....and it''s high time we had it back again.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

Because "denialists" like you must not be allowed to monopolise the club''s fortunes....and it is infact you....and folks like you who are perpetuating the current problem by habitually going along to CR irrespective of the appalling state of play.

By choosing not to go to games until things improve, at least I am showing some kind of reaction....and remember they have taken my money already....largely under false pretences. I note the club are rattling the can again now to flog their 2008 wares.....but with even less hope of anything worthwhile happening....who will be daft enough to fall for it? You''re right....the "denialists" and Delia Smith "loyalists".........

If you honestly think changes are made by sitting meekly and doing nothing you are mistaken. Personally I would rather not be there than feel compelled to boo the rubbish on the pitch.....because that is what I would instinctively do. I have great affection for the club I have supported since 1962...but what we have now is a corporate mongrel owned by a tv cook....and I have no affection for "her" or "it" at all.

While I have no wish to cross swords with you....please do not assume the higher ground because you are happy to do nothing. Maybe some of us perhaps care rather more than you.....and are prepared therefore to make a stand in an effort to bring back much better days......days which you and the other "denialists" would be only too happy to experience I''m sure.

Our club has been hijacked by celebrity....and it''s high time we had it back again.

[/quote]

Thanks for that Cluck... summed up what I wanted to say perfectly!!!  [Y]

[quote user="theolster"]

ronbol ronbol wants grant sacked but has a problem with campaigning against the board that apointed him and fails to provide him sufficent transfer funds-bizzare!!!!

ncfcsacktheboard@yahoo.co.uk

BACK THE PLAYERS SACK THE BOARD!PLAYERS NOT PASTYS!

[/quote]

I am not saying that he is a great manager but how the hell could Granty of done anything when he so obviously hasn''t been given the tools to work with???

For god sake it is like somebody asking somebody to re-build the twin towers and giving them a bucket and spade!!!

polar1990-parachute payments from sky-what happenend to them. Please explain to me exactly where the money from this and player sales has gone as the board have so far failed to provide us with the answers. Could you also tell me what happened to the money when chase was in charge as he came up with the same excuse as our board are now and we know what he was up to. Also with sell outs week in week out, attendences better than premiership sides like blackburn{no jack walker anymore}bolton,wigan,reading and pompey why we havent the funds for a premiership push.

march 6th derby at home

7pm swimming pool

SACK THE BOARD BACK THE PLAYERS!

PLAYERS NOT PASTYS!

ncfcsacktheboard@yahoo.co.uk

[quote user="mystic megson"]

If we''re serious about this we need to try and think straight, and not get carried away by understandable feelings of desperation.

Do we know what we want to achieve?  Sack the board, or get them to acknowledge their share of responsibility for the current situation and refocus on football?  Can we agree, and is either objective achievable?  How long would it take to achieve, and would it have any bearing at this late stage on whether we stay up or go down?  

fwiw I believe we''ve missed the boat, but I won''t go on and on about what we should have done last year, this is now.  There is one faint glimmer of hope, however, which is that if things get much worse the board will start fighting among themselves and someone will break ranks (my money would be on Micky Foulger, who probably has enough clout locally to set up a consortium if he felt so inclined).    

Therefore, we need to consider carefully whether or not a protest against the board could actually be counterproductive, by creating a siege mentality and uniting them just at a time when things are starting to fall apart.    

I think we should keep our nerve for the time being, keep alert for signs of internal disharmony and allow events to take their course.  It could end in relegation, but a protest isn''t going to prevent that in any case.  Masterly inactivity, I think they call it.

Apart from Munby''s efforts to convince us that the "two games" statement was made of behalf of the whole board when it clearly wasn''t, I have no concrete evidence that things are not all sweetness and light in the boardroom, but there are times when you just have to trust your gut feeling.

[/quote]

I would be more than happy MYSTIC if a bit of real pressure would make them release those purse strings and allow us to bring a quality striker, defender and goalkeeper in on loan that may just make all the difference between whether we survive or not...

Hopefully that would be enough to keep us up and we could then maybe get shot of this board during the summer and rebuild for next year.  If we wait until the summer to do anything about it (whether we stay up or go down) do you honestly think that anything will change in the boardroom that will enable us to progress next season???

Cluck, for you to say to anybody, "While I have no wish to cross swords with you...." is nothing short of laughable. You have been crossing swords with everyone for months ( at the rate of 10 posts a day ) as if you are a self-appointed army. You have the time to do this but, the moment a protest against the Board is planned, you apologise to your small fighting unit that your business interests prevent you from participating. Poor Smudger....alone again.

I''m not sure this would do any good. I hate what is happening to the club and desperately want to do something but I''m not sure that continually protesting against the manager and then the board is the right way forward or will actually achieve anything! I really don''t know.....what else is there to do!?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Smudger:

Now you know that you and I think alike on this whole board issue, however......................

I don''t believe a protest is the way to go my friend, I much prefer a boycott (or a delay at least) in buying season tickets. The board are thick skinned, remember Worthy?, but where money is concened, they tend to panic a bit!.

Another key to the above is to write letters to them explaining your actions for not renewing, otherwise they don''t relate to the issue staring them in the eye!.

But best of luck mate, we always need passionate and careing supporters like you.

Polar 1990:

Your ''head in the sand'' attitude appalls me, I''m amazed that you can be so complacent with the clubs dire situation. I quote you:

''we are not higher up the table because we do not have the players''

Exactly!.

This is why fine supportes like Smudger and Cluck get so upset. We SHOULD have the players and we SHOULD have the money. Millions of pounds have been wasted and its a bloody disgrace!.

Give me strength.

[/quote]

Do not think that will work Wiz my friend...  I have not put anything in to Delia & Co''s pockets since October 2005...

Has that done anything to change events at Carrow Road?  No of course it hasn''t.... they know that no matter what standard of football is served up, while we remain in the Championship we are going to get crowds of 20,000 + each week.

If crowds go down by a few thousand then so what is there answer.... if season ticket holders do not renew they will make up the difference in revenue through selling tickets on a match per match basis...

The only way to get rid of Delia & Co is by making the national media aware of the situation at Carrow Road...  or by Delia deciding that she wants nothing more to do with us and selling up after relegation!!!

theolster i cannot explain exactly where the money has gone, im not on the board i can only speculate. i''m about as happy as smudger cluck yourself wiz etc etc about whats going on at the club at the moment but i also realise that should we ''sack the board'' theres is no fresh investor ready to walk straight through the door.

the board will go if they go at the right time. we''re not down yet and grant seems to have an eye for talent. im  sure we will come good soon and go on a run, avoid the drop and then rebuild in the summer. every cloud has a silver lining.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Cluck, for you to say to anybody, "While I have no wish to cross swords with you...." is nothing short of laughable. You have been crossing swords with everyone for months ( at the rate of 10 posts a day ) as if you are a self-appointed army. You have the time to do this but, the moment a protest against the Board is planned, you apologise to your small fighting unit that your business interests prevent you from participating. Poor Smudger....alone again.[/quote]

As I feared YANKEE  [:$]  [:''(]  [{][}]

[quote user="A load of squit"]

Go on then, take your campaign to the national media and let us know how you get on.

[/quote]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaaaaaaaaa shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

You just relax and take it easy while this club is relegated and totally destroyed as you apathetically watch  [H]

[quote user="A load of squit"]

Go on then, take your campaign to the national media and let us know how you get on.

[/quote]

Squit, I have a surprise for you and all you other media-obsessed muppets and hangers-on basking in Delia''s reflected glory, who think her "Let''s be ''avin you" magic moment was good for the club because at least it meant we were being talked about . . .

It doesn''t matter whether the national media pick it up or not.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for that Cluck... summed up what I wanted to say perfectly!!!  [Y]

[/quote]Seriously, guys, get a bloody room...

[quote user="cityangel"]So thats theolster, smudger, alex and cluck so far, let us know how you get on with your demonstration against the board and take some pictures [:D][/quote]

Disappointing from you CA. If you''re so happy to stand by while others try to fight for something better....maybe you should stay away when the good times return then.