Sign in to follow this  
Sing, Sing, wherever you may be...

Derby at home-Tuesday 6th march.Demonstraion against the board

theolster,

I have the same concerns as many of you express, but what does SACK THE BOARD actually mean. Who can sack them and who will replace them at this moment in time? 

Does anyone trust a demonstration organised by someone who can''t even spell the word? [^o)]

I support the protest. Unfortunately i will be in sunny (hopefully!) Istanbul so cannot attend. Money has been absolutely pouring into the club for several years now (land deal money,hotel money,G.Watlings loan written off,share issues,record season tickets/merchandise/catering,£30+million from sky....), yet the board have made millions of pounds profit in the transfer market and still have the nerve to play the "we`re totally skint" card when it becomes totally obvious that our demoralised,paper-thin squad cannot compete even in this league. But apparently we should just accept that the money has gone "somewhere" and continue turning up and applauding like lobotomised seals!? Really quite bizzarre.

YC and others; why on earth does any sane minded person get involved in such a mindless debate as is being put forward ("sack the board") by people who are either mindless wind-up merchants or do not have the collective nous of seven year-olds, and  they call the board and Delia,  people who have no business acumen.  I do hope the board are not silly enough to read some of the inane statements that are put forward.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

theolster,

I have the same concerns as many of you express, but what does SACK THE BOARD actually mean. Who can sack them and who will replace them at this moment in time? 

[/quote]

It''s just a phrase of speech...as DS/MWJ can only sack themselves as majority shareholders. As for who will replace them....how can we possibly know until the time comes. Did Leicester know Mandaric was heading their way prior to offering the club for sale? DS will cling on till the bitter end.....and like Chase will in time become just another "hate" figure.

Sad....but it lies entirely in her hands to prevent that happening.

sack the board demonstration{yes i can spell thank you-o level english} would draw attention to our concerns and with ant luck open the eyes of any potential takeover bidders who actually want to put money recieved back into the club. Oh and i wont be marching alone. Over 100 emails so far confirming support and attending.

ncfcsacktheboard@yahoo.co.uk

BACK THE PLAYERS SACK THE BOARD!

PLAYERS NOT PASTYS!

Spot on mr carrow. Lets see if one of the bright sparks above can come up with the answer as we are unlikely to get one from carrow road.

the whole situation reminds me to much of the chase era, lots of money coming in etc yet we get deeper and deeper in debt. Remember all the stick he got? This board are getting away with it very lightly in my opinnion. Trouble is, it was alright to have a go at the fat controller, but it is seen as sacralige to dare to question saint Delia.

i fear for the future of our club whilst the current board are in control.

[quote user="theolster"]

having probs with registered email so anyone with any questions email ncfcsacktheboard@yahoo.co.uk

[/quote]

theolster, can I suggest that you change the email address to ncfcbacktheplayerssacktheboard . . . etc etc.

It''s important to get that message across.  It''s what we stand for after all, and more people will support us if we are seen to be encouraging the fans to get behind the team.  It may also pose a problem for the CR spin machine - it won''t be so easy for them to wheel out someone tell us it will affect team morale, like they did at Everton.

[quote user="theolster"]see previous message{boo the board not the players}i am fully behind the team but am sick of people booing the team off at the end, its our board that has got us into the mess we are in. BACK THE PLAYERS SACK THE BOARD![/quote]you want people to protest against the board for poor performance, so why shouldn''t people boo the players for poor performances?the reason we are where we are is the players fault as well and they are not above criticism,

[quote user="theolster"]

Anyone with any doubts, please read the message from mr carrow. The most constructive response so far.

PLAYERS NOT PASTYS!

[/quote]

It is very interesting to watch people voice their opinions on this club of ours. If a faction in such a community organisation feels unhappy about something, it seems only right they are allowed to vocalise it. That goes for booing at half-time, or protesting before the game. The strength of feeling will determine how successful the protest it, which is why Burnley at home this season resulted in huge pressure on Worthington and QPR last didn''t.

If enough people feel it is the correct course of action, the protest will achieve its goal over time.

I am going to Luton on Tuesday, but I haven''t been enough to have a full appreciation of our performances. I know where we are and I know how we got there. Personally, I would not protest. Everyone''s energy at this precise moment should go into supporting the players on the pitch as they play. But it is a difficult thing to demand from everyone if they don''t feel it.

But maybe the most important point is, if you want people to take you seriously, FOR GOD SAKE SPELL PASTIES CORRECTLY!... [8-)]

ive said it before and ill say it again, I have no problem with people expressing what they feel, e.g. booing players at half time, we pay the wages after all. My point is people are saying a protest will affect the team but booing the players doesent. work that one out. If i was there saturday there is a good chance i would have joined in with the booing. Please also consider that this is the best squad available with the funds the board are making available.See Mrcarrows comments on what money has come into the club.

PLAYERS NOT PASTIES! [is that better?]

am I missing something? As far as I know you cannot sack a board. Now if all those organising the protest were to put their hands in their pockets, hand over their savings, raise money against thier houses etc they may have a sum of money that Delia would accept for her shares. However, Delia does not have to sell to anybody.

This protest is the start of  bullying campaign to make Delia''s life so uncomfortable that she wishes to dispose of her interest in NCFC.

If backing the players is on offer, why did i not hear this on Saturday and why did I not hear any anti Delia songs?

sacking the board is a romantic idea, reality is that you cannot do it 

I questioned the Board on this very messageboard early this season. I questioned their transfer policy in the summer. But nobody on these boards seemed bothered, all that seemed to matter was getting Worthy sacked and the only criticism of the board was for not sacking him.

Our failure to sign players in the summer was laid at Worthy''s door. Posters said he went on holiday, posters said he didn''t try and sign anyone until it was too late and let other clubs get in first. Even when Worthington came out in the press and questioned the board (saying much the same things about the board as some of you posters are saying now) he was drowned out by the Worthy Out chants. Yes I agreed that in the end results on the pitch and our terrible away record meant that Worthy had to go, but if he had been backed by the board in the summer it could have been a very different story.

Worthington failed badly in the transfer market in the summer of the previous season. Jarrett proved to be an awful signing that I can find no real excuse for. He was also unlucky with the injury to Dean Marney and to a lesser extent Thorne and MLJ. Many people assumed this was why he was not given money to spend in 2006, but of course that isn''t the case and wouldn''t have made any sense either. They had two choices. Back him or sack him. They did neither. They got away with it mainly because they could hide behind the manager letting him take the blame for everything, even things he had publicly spoken against.

As I have posted on another thread, I will not be protesting and I don''t foresee any set of circumstances where I would be. This probably makes my views irrelevent but no more irrelevant than other posters views on players they have never seen play. In my view protesting to sack the board is pointless anyway. Nobody has the power to sack the board so the ultimate aim could only be to force them sell up and walk away. It would become very messy and I doubt enough fans have the stomach for a fight against honest people who are fans of the club and have always treated the other fans with so much respect.

You may get more support by protesting against the current policies of the club. Surely this is the problem anyway? If Delia and MWJ sell up how will people know what policies the new owners would have? Surely it''s the way that the club is run that you are protesting against and not the people who run it?

[quote user="percyvarco"]

am I missing something? As far as I know you cannot sack a board. Now if all those organising the protest were to put their hands in their pockets, hand over their savings, raise money against thier houses etc they may have a sum of money that Delia would accept for her shares. However, Delia does not have to sell to anybody.

This protest is the start of  bullying campaign to make Delia''s life so uncomfortable that she wishes to dispose of her interest in NCFC.

If backing the players is on offer, why did i not hear this on Saturday and why did I not hear any anti Delia songs?

[/quote]

This has already been explained time and time again on here PERCYVARCO...

See my post on the How Does One "Sack the Board" thread earlier this year...

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/868763/ShowPost.aspx

Utter c**p...

Chase quit when Martin O''Neill quit and went to Leicester making his position at the club unattainable... We had hundreds of fans demonstrating week in week out making Mr Chase and his families life a misery... it had reached a point where the fans were never going to forgive him and he knew it...   I was at the Leicester game the day Martin walked out...  Delia & Co have taken no stick at all (and probably never will face what Chase had to put upo with).

Like any other human being Chase thought who wants to go in to work facing that week in week out???

Those are the reasons that finally forced Chase out... it was completely down to fan power...  then Mr Watling saved the club (not Darling Delia... She decided to invest months later).

The only way to get rid of a board of directors is through letting them know how disgusted you are with what they are doing to the club....  the only proven way of achieveing this is through consistent loud and proud demonstrations!!!

[quote user="percyvarco"]

[/quote]

It''s shorthand Percy.  You''re being a tad literal-minded if I may say so.

The main purpose is to focus attention on the board and get them, at long long last, to accept their share of responsibility for the mess we''re in, and either do something about it double quick or get out.  It''s difficult to make a snappy slogan out of that however.

If I were them I''d take a long hard look at what I''ve done and then sack myself!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="theolster"]see previous message{boo the board not the players}i am fully behind the team but am sick of people booing the team off at the end, its our board that has got us into the mess we are in. BACK THE PLAYERS SACK THE BOARD![/quote]

you want people to protest against the board for poor performance, so why shouldn''t people boo the players for poor performances?

the reason we are where we are is the players fault as well and they are not above criticism,
[/quote]

Because we''ve been doing that forever, while the board have got off scot free.  It''s time to redress the balance a little bit.

btw everyone, see "Final Word" in today''s EDP calling for the board to stand up and be counted.

I''m sure the 12 people that will be involved in this demonstration will do the club alot of good.

I for one won''t be going. Directors need to be bought out or forced out by shareholders. We can scream until blue in the face and it won''t make the blindest bit of difference. This isn''t an employed position which you can be sacked from like the managers job, and most seem to forget that.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="percyvarco"]

[/quote]

It''s shorthand Percy.  You''re being a tad literal-minded if I may say so.

The main purpose is to focus attention on the board and get them, at long long last, to accept their share of responsibility for the mess we''re in, and either do something about it double quick or get out.  It''s difficult to make a snappy slogan out of that however.

If I were them I''d take a long hard look at what I''ve done and then sack myself!

[/quote]

Then I ask again, why no anti Delia songs on Saturday? I can remember vast areas of the ground singing Worthy Out, Its got far more punch than shouting in the street before a match.

I fear also that the Board are quite pleased with the performance of NCFC as a company (not a football club) during their tenure. The redevelopment of the ground and surrounding areas, the catering, the Xara distributorship,FITC etc all make for good assets for any business. All this has increased the value of their shares.

As a football club we are in trouble. Good loud anti Board songs during the matches where they cannot close windows or meet elsewhere in the ground to avoid street protests are far more effective. Watch the Stowmarket two suddenly not be able to make it to games then. Still haven''t seen Delia with the fans (except Chelski for the benefit of the media) and don''t expect to at present, despite her promises at the AGM

[quote user="Smudger"]

Utter c**p...

Chase quit when Martin O''Neill quit and went to Leicester making his position at the club unattainable... We had hundreds of fans demonstrating week in week out making Mr Chase and his families life a misery... it had reached a point where the fans were never going to forgive him and he knew it...   I was at the Leicester game the day Martin walked out...  Delia & Co have taken no stick at all (and probably never will face what Chase had to put upo with).

Like any other human being Chase thought who wants to go in to work facing that week in week out???

Those are the reasons that finally forced Chase out... it was completely down to fan power...  then Mr Watling saved the club (not Darling Delia... She decided to invest months later).

The only way to get rid of a board of directors is through letting them know how disgusted you are with what they are doing to the club....  the only proven way of achieveing this is through consistent loud and proud demonstrations!!!

[/quote]You cannot honestly believe that it is acceptable to make delia & her families life a misery? I think that is taking it to far, demonstrate by all means that is your right as a supporter but don''t make it personal.

I don''t have anything against a demo in principal - as long as it not directed at the team or manager in ANY way - but the question remains: WHY WASN''T THIS DONE AT THE AGM?There were enough grumblers there who could have made a difference but chickened out. All this ''we can''t do anything unless they resign'' stuff is nonsense. Doncaster was up for re-election at the AGM and he COULD have been voted against. But how many did that? Less than five. Why wasn''t there a concerted campaign to make a difference back then?

So for years when fans at various clubs have chanted sack the board they have all been wrong have they? we will see what they think after the demo percyvarco. the more attention gained the more likely it is to gain interest of potential investers who actually want to put money coming into the club back out into players. Milan manderic has just took over leicester lets hope someone like that invests.

PLAYERS NOT PASTIES!

I rather suspect that demonstrations will convince the current regime that it is even more important to stick together and to portray solidarity against what they will see as a vocal minority.

Our Board are a tough bunch and they are convinced that what they are doing and the path they are steering is the correct one for the club. They will see protests against that as, for whatever reasons, a vote for anything and everything against their own philosophy and therefore one that is advocating, for them, a risky alternative financially. So they won''t budge.

Failing enormous re-investment possibilities, we are going to be stuck with the current regime for some time, love them or hate them. And, whilst you cannot be denied your right to protest about them-and there has been a lot to protest about these last 2-3 years-I rather think they''ll ignore it and proceed regardless. Remember, when Chase was ousted, it was a lot, lot more people, the protest was in danger of getting out of hand and it took mounted police to quieten things down. In addition, Chase knew that promises he had made had not been followed up and that the finances of the club were clearly suspect, where-as now, the Board can produce seemingly legitimate accounts to show exactly what has happened and what has been spent on what. The Chase era didn''t have that luxury, hence extra pressure for him to go-and he took some persuading at that.

We HAVE to avoid relegation this season. The implications of it are frightening, truly frightening-it could affect the very existence of the club. That is and should be our worry and concern until May, we simply have to stay up and focus everything we have on achieving that. Protest, debate, and questioning should wait until the Summer. If the Summer see''s League 1 football on the horizon, no doubt it will be long and loud. But lets avoid that even happening. The squad is weak, and some of the players are clearly seeing out time. So a lot is against us. But we must prevail and give the club, the players every ounce of support to keep in this division, the only way we want to leave it should be to go up -not down-so lets have the inquests in June.

[quote user="theolster"]

So for years when fans at various clubs have chanted sack the board they have all been wrong have they? we will see what they think after the demo percyvarco. the more attention gained the more likely it is to gain interest of potential investers who actually want to put money coming into the club back out into players. Milan manderic has just took over leicester lets hope someone like that invests.

PLAYERS NOT PASTIES!

[/quote]

You are joking? It will be a dark day for the club when a foreign investor takes over. Do you really want to sell the clubs soul for the chance of premiership football? If delia sells it should only be to a city fan who has the funds to invest, how can you trust ncfc in the hands of a non supporter??????

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

I rather suspect that demonstrations will convince the current regime that it is even more important to stick together and to portray solidarity against what they will see as a vocal minority.

Our Board are a tough bunch and they are convinced that what they are doing and the path they are steering is the correct one for the club. They will see protests against that as, for whatever reasons, a vote for anything and everything against their own philosophy and therefore one that is advocating, for them, a risky alternative financially. So they won''t budge.

Failing enormous re-investment possibilities, we are going to be stuck with the current regime for some time, love them or hate them. And, whilst you cannot be denied your right to protest about them-and there has been a lot to protest about these last 2-3 years-I rather think they''ll ignore it and proceed regardless. Remember, when Chase was ousted, it was a lot, lot more people, the protest was in danger of getting out of hand and it took mounted police to quieten things down. In addition, Chase knew that promises he had made had not been followed up and that the finances of the club were clearly suspect, where-as now, the Board can produce seemingly legitimate accounts to show exactly what has happened and what has been spent on what. The Chase era didn''t have that luxury, hence extra pressure for him to go-and he took some persuading at that.

We HAVE to avoid relegation this season. The implications of it are frightening, truly frightening-it could affect the very existence of the club. That is and should be our worry and concern until May, we simply have to stay up and focus everything we have on achieving that. Protest, debate, and questioning should wait until the Summer. If the Summer see''s League 1 football on the horizon, no doubt it will be long and loud. But lets avoid that even happening. The squad is weak, and some of the players are clearly seeing out time. So a lot is against us. But we must prevail and give the club, the players every ounce of support to keep in this division, the only way we want to leave it should be to go up -not down-so lets have the inquests in June.

[/quote]

An intelligent and well-thought out point. Well said Sir.

[quote user="Canary02"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

An intelligent and well-thought out point. Well said Sir.

[/quote]

Yep, this also gets my vote...

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Smudger"]

Utter c**p...

[/quote]

You cannot honestly believe that it is acceptable to make delia & her families life a misery? I think that is taking it to far, demonstrate by all means that is your right as a supporter but don''t make it personal.
[/quote]

I see it as entirely acceptable... she has made City fans Saturday''s a misery for the past 2 seasons and has shown no inclination that she may turn things around!!!

[quote user="theolster"]

PLAYERS NOT PASTIES!

[/quote]

I never said that chanting sack the board is wrong, I am merely pointing out that an alternative is required. as you say, fans chant in the ground but I haven''t heard that yet.

Southampton''s Chairman resigned today because he could not attract any investors, this is a bit different to the Delia situation but goes to show that unless you have the money or as rightly pointed out use the mechanics of the AGM it is difficult to force change.

For impact I believe that chanting in the ground is better.