Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Delia's Publicity Seeking?

Certain posters harp on, over and over, about how Delia is merely using Norwich City as a means to attract publicity for herself and make money.But what evidence of there is this?The occasional "sitting with the fans" gesture? Well many stated that she only sat with the fans at Chelski because it was a big game.  But who, other than those with internet tv, etc, and those at the ground, actually saw her there?  No Sky cameras, no BBC cameras, other than for highlights purposes?Why would she bother to go and sit with the fans as a publicity stunt when there was very little chance of her getting noticed?  Maybe she was hoping to get "spotted" on Chelsea TV?It has also been stated that she only ever does this at the big games, but others have reported her sitting with the fans during some of the most recent traumatic matches (I''m afraid I don''t know which matches, others can help me out here).If Delia really wanted to seek publicity, then I''m sure she could do a lot better than that.  She could appear on Saturday Kitchen, get herself a new series of Delia Teaches Us How To Cook Chickens, and maybe release a book or two.  This would make her far more money, and gain herself far more publicity, surely?  The fact is that Delia gave up this lifestyle some years ago to focus her attention on Norwich City.There are many accusations that can be levelled at Delia, many without merit, some with solid grounding, but Delia''s publicity seeking is completely baseless.Oh, and one other thing... don''t the same people who complain about Delia''s publicity stunts, also complain that she disappears whenever she''s needed? Not really sure how someone can be flaunting the limelight and hiding at the same time, but never mind...

She has taken up her seat in the Lower Barclay a few times this season EM. I didn''t see any photographers taking her picture though.

Instead of sitting  with the fans having a lurverly day out... she should of bean busy at work rasing some finances, buying some loanee players to get us out of this mess!!!  [A]

Why, does she have a massive telecommunications network set up in her usual seat? Satellite phones, high speed internet and tracking devices all designed to find and acquire the best loanee players around...? In that case, strap her in it, I say!! Bit kinky, but if it works... [:)]

Delia Smith''s days as a top tv cook are behind her. Tv companies have moved on these days and her format is very much old school and no longer in demand. She really only appealed to the "older generation"...which is not the target audience any more. It''s the young bucks who rule the roost now....and as she is very unpopular among other tv cooks....she would not be very welcome I assure you.

Every dog has it''s day....and she had a good and lengthy career. Maybe she is not catching the spotlight so much today....but had the team been higher in the league I suspect she would be attracting more attention. However....she certainly milked the Premiership season, when we heard rather more about her than the team itself.

Let''s get one thing straight however...as far as business reasons are concerned, there is absolutely nothing wrong with her appearing on tv....holding cooking demonstrations....or promoting her trade and skills via the club window. She owns the bricks and mortar and it is for her to make the most of the business it attracts...but a long look at the team on the pitch speaks volumes about where her priorities are....and I certainly didn''t pay my season ticket money to look at pancakes. That''s the problem with Delia Smith being at Norwich City...it''s as flat as that proverbial pancake and things sadly won''t change until she walks away.

[quote user="Smudger"]Instead of sitting  with the fans having a lurverly day out... she should of bean busy at work rasing some finances, buying some loanee players to get us out of this mess!!!  [A][/quote]

Is that your answer to all our problems, Smudger, get Delia to dip her hands in her pocket yet again?

[quote user="Smudger"]Instead of sitting  with the fans having a lurverly day out... she should of bean busy at work rasing some finances, buying some loanee players to get us out of this mess!!!  [A][/quote]

Old Muddle Head gets it wrong again, you don''t buy loanees, you loan them.

Cluck, of course Delia had more publicity during the Prem season.  She''s a "former" celebrity chef who owns a football club who had made it into the best league in the world (apparently).  The media were all over here like a rash, much as they are with almost every high-profile chairman.  I hardly think that Delia was on the phone to media companies saying "let me on telly for a bit or I''ll run onto the pitch at half time all licqoured up and horny".You''ve failed to provide any firm evidence to back up your argument that Delia is a publicity seeker, once again.  And I''ll ignore your efforts to change the subject by talking about pancakes... pancakes were sooo last week... [;)]

So, a director of the club is at fault for watching the team play???!!??  That has to be the stupidest thing you have ever posted.  You would be the first to complain that she was neglecting her responsibilities if she was not watching the cockups on the field for herself. 

Perhaps your obsession is such that you would rather she spent match days with you...nowhere near Carrow Road.

Delia sometimes sits with the fans at home matches and away matches. Many of her critics on here would obviously only see her if the match was on TV.

[quote user="The Third Earl of WimBim"]

Don''t you mean ''should have been'' Old Bean

(Wimbim III ''Campaign for Messageboard Grammar)

[/quote]

My campaign is  for a use of normal sized font and black font on message boards.Where is the punctuation in your post?

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Delia Smith''s days as a top tv cook are behind her. Tv companies have moved on these days and her format is very much old school and no longer in demand. She really only appealed to the "older generation"...which is not the target audience any more. It''s the young bucks who rule the roost now....and as she is very unpopular among other tv cooks....she would not be very welcome I assure you.

[/quote]What evidence do you have cluck that Delia is very unpopular among other tv cooks or is just you trying to rubbish  here once again.

I think it is perfectly clear that this football club would NOT be in the position it is now if Delia did not sit among fellow fans during football matches.

Pathetic.

All Norwich fans are fools. Ignorant fools I tell you! And yes, I include myself in that too... [;)]

[quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

Actually you do have to pay substantial amounts for loans nowadays...as Grant himself has said.

The problem isn''t with Delia but with lazy journalism. Norwich? Oh that''ll be a few hackneyed gags about Delia and food and pies and whatever. It used to be about "Canaries" and "Flying the nest" and god help us "Bootiful". Every club gets the same. Even players. Steffan Oakes has been a decent midfielder with Leicester, Wycombe and other clubs over the years, with a great record of scoring free-kicks and spraying the ball about in midfield, yet whenever he''s featured in the media the first thing that''s mentioned is that his dad was in Showaddywaddy. He must be delighted every time those halfwits on "The Championship" turn up at his club. It''s ususally that goggle-eyed bloke that looks like Titchmarsh on smack that they give the truly appalling features too and he milks them for all their worth.

Most people probably didn''t notice but when Marhsall went off injured against Chelsea, Delia did sprint towards the pitch wearing a goalkeepers jersey and a pair of gloves.  The only way Grant managed to stop her playing in goal was by getting McVeigh to sit on her.  

[quote user="Canary02"]

The problem isn''t with Delia but with lazy journalism. Norwich? Oh that''ll be a few hackneyed gags about Delia and food and pies and whatever. It used to be about "Canaries" and "Flying the nest" and god help us "Bootiful". Every club gets the same. Even players. Steffan Oakes has been a decent midfielder with Leicester, Wycombe and other clubs over the years, with a great record of scoring free-kicks and spraying the ball about in midfield, yet whenever he''s featured in the media the first thing that''s mentioned is that his dad was in Showaddywaddy. He must be delighted every time those halfwits on "The Championship" turn up at his club. It''s ususally that goggle-eyed bloke that looks like Titchmarsh on smack that they give the truly appalling features too and he milks them for all their worth.

[/quote]

Titchmarsh on smack! Haha! that had me creased up Canary02! keep up the good work mate [y]

jas :)

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

Actually you do have to pay substantial amounts for loans nowadays...as Grant himself has said.

[/quote]

Well actually Muddle Head said ''buy'' and thats very different from loan, you and he are perfect bedfellows.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Certain posters harp on, over and over, about how Delia is merely using Norwich City as a means to attract publicity for herself and make money.

But what evidence of there is this?

The occasional "sitting with the fans" gesture? Well many stated that she only sat with the fans at Chelski because it was a big game.  But who, other than those with internet tv, etc, and those at the ground, actually saw her there?  No Sky cameras, no BBC cameras, other than for highlights purposes?Why would she bother to go and sit with the fans as a publicity stunt when there was very little chance of her getting noticed?  Maybe she was hoping to get "spotted" on Chelsea TV?

It has also been stated that she only ever does this at the big games, but others have reported her sitting with the fans during some of the most recent traumatic matches (I''m afraid I don''t know which matches, others can help me out here).

If Delia really wanted to seek publicity, then I''m sure she could do a lot better than that.  She could appear on Saturday Kitchen, get herself a new series of Delia Teaches Us How To Cook Chickens, and maybe release a book or two.  This would make her far more money, and gain herself far more publicity, surely?  The fact is that Delia gave up this lifestyle some years ago to focus her attention on Norwich City.

There are many accusations that can be levelled at Delia, many without merit, some with solid grounding, but Delia''s publicity seeking is completely baseless.

Oh, and one other thing... don''t the same people who complain about Delia''s publicity stunts, also complain that she disappears whenever she''s needed? Not really sure how someone can be flaunting the limelight and hiding at the same time, but never mind...
[/quote]

Just the anti''s taking a cheap shot at Delia, EvilMonkey. Funny seeing as the anti''s are predominantly ''attention seekers''!...Quite ironic.

This thread was by no means an attempt to "bully" certain posters, I''m just interested in knowing why they feel that Delia has been more concerned with publicity seeking than the club.  So far, I''ve had no response in answer to my question... I guess I shouldn''t have expected anything more...I think Canary02 hits the nail firmly on the head - how many times do you see Delia referenced in a headline in "The Sun".  I''ve even read "match reports" in which they dedicate the entire 300 words or so to "cheekily" talking about Delia "cooking up a storm", blah blah blah... it is boring, but it''s nowt to do with the lady herself...