Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Funniest Moments at a NCFC football match

the ''scum'' scoreboard was a moment to treasure (please give that guy a medal) but not as funny as ''Sir'' Fergie''s wasp bitten face when he underestimated us (as he often does if it''s not another team in red (nearly caught by Reading too eh?)

salp  

[quote user="kneeelo 74"]1989/1990 season I think a dull 0-0 draw against QPR, during a came a female jumped over the fence from the barclay and paraded herself around the pitch, shame she was wearing a NCFC flat cap at the time though[/quote]

Wanna come clean about this CityAngel?.

for me it has to be last season away at the scum after winning 1-0 all the norwich fans were kept behind to allow their fans to be moved on and some of their fans tryed to stay in as long as possible and inparticular a female fan aged 20 odd then around 2000 norwich fans broke into a chorus of "she''s a whore!" her face when we started singing was absolutly priceless!!

I''m struggling to remember the game but I think it was against Brighton at home a couple of seasons ago when an away player went over to take a corner and someone threw a pie out of the barclay and it hit the bloke full on in the face exploding in a nice gravy mess!! Classic!

There''s definitely been a few over the years.  Some of the ones i can remember are: -

> 2001? vs Preston away, the ref had been terrible all game and one guy in front of me had obviously had enough.  Incensed at a wrong decision he stood up and bellowed at the top of his voice "You bald bast*** referee".  Which considering he was bald as a coot himself was pretty funny.

> 2007 vs Preston away again, the ref had to hobble off injured and whilst he did so, the Preston fans in the Bill Shankly kop started to sing "You''re not fit to referee, you''re not fit to referee!..." Funny at the time i suppose.

> 1998? vs Wolves away, i was sat with my dad in the Wolves end and we had that awful away kit with the neon flashes of yellow and green, i think it was black/purple ish.  When we ran out for the first half, all the Wolves fans were saying in their funny accents "what the fu** is that kit, it looks like shite".

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Come on anyone''s favourite etherington being sent off?

Now that was funny!!!

[/quote]Haha, that was quality. You''ll never beat the Snakepit

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I''m struggling to remember the game but I think it was against Brighton at home a couple of seasons ago when an away player went over to take a corner and someone threw a pie out of the barclay and it hit the bloke full on in the face exploding in a nice gravy mess!! Classic![/quote]

Wasn''t that .v. West Brom, Alex, when a pie got thrown all over the back of Kieron Richardson, who was on loan to them from Man U - if I remember rightly, the Snakepit wasn''t too chuffed with him for over-celebrating a jammy goal that went in off his knee!

[quote user="BedsCanary"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Come on anyone''s favourite etherington being sent off?

Now that was funny!!!

[/quote]

Haha, that was quality. You''ll never beat the Snakepit
[/quote]

Similar to that one, last seasons home game against Luton.

The left winger got so much stick from the Snakepit he got substituted and probably ended up in rehab. I think it might have been one of his many corners that went out for a goal kick?

The funniest moment was at home to Birmigham, even in the 70''s we hated each other, and  Kevin Keelan giving away a hotly disputed penalty, saving the kick and then walking over to, I think, Bob Hatton and laying him out.

More recently Pape Diop or whatever his name was spitting at the QPR Boxing Day game and even more recently Jay Bothroyd kicking somebody really hard in the shin for no real reason and being sent off.

[quote user="YGB"]for me it has to be last season away at the scum after winning 1-0 all the norwich fans were kept behind to allow their fans to be moved on and some of their fans tryed to stay in as long as possible and inparticular a female fan aged 20 odd then around 2000 norwich fans broke into a chorus of "she''s a whore!" her face when we started singing was absolutly priceless!![/quote]That would also be my fav moment, I couldnt believe it when we started singing, I just broke down laughing. [:D]

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Here''s one for the oldies . . . in the late ''60s there was a referee called Roger Kirkpatrick who had mutton chop whiskers which appeared to have migrated downwards from his shiny pate, and was rather shall we say portly.  He was the original attention-seeking ref and his running action featured a waist-high knee lift which always brought the house down.

[/quote]fantastic, I had forgotten him, where are the refs with character nowadays?

[quote user="percyvarco"][quote user="mystic megson"]

Here''s one for the oldies . . . in the late ''60s there was a referee called Roger Kirkpatrick who had mutton chop whiskers which appeared to have migrated downwards from his shiny pate, and was rather shall we say portly.  He was the original attention-seeking ref and his running action featured a waist-high knee lift which always brought the house down.

[/quote]fantastic, I had forgotten him, where are the refs with character nowadays?[/quote]

Wasn''t there another one called something like Maurice Fussey??? (what a name for a ref!)