Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

No SPIN from NCFC about season ticket renewals

I wonder why? I''d like to know how many people have renewed. But I suspect there won''t be any of the usual statistical nonsense coming out of Carrow Road.  

I heard that only NN has actually renewed his season ticket for next season and, if we do go down (which really is when of course) he will be sitting on his own in the Barclay for every home game, even if we''re, like, seventy millions points clear at the top because our football club is just soooooooo cr@p innit...

Nope I haven''t renewed. I really want to go next season as I go with my old man and its really good to spend time together at Carrow Road.

However, with a 3 month daughter and many other social and monetary commitments, I am not forking out £350 on a seaon ticket to watch appalling football.

Let''s face it. Watching Norwich City for the last two seasons cannot be classed as entertainment. I don''t even look forward to it any more, and I know that loads of other fans feel this way.

Shame - real real shame.

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]Nope I haven''t renewed. I really want to go next season as I go with my old man and its really good to spend time together at Carrow Road. However, with a 3 month daughter and many other social and monetary commitments, I am not forking out £350 on a seaon ticket to watch appalling football. Let''s face it. Watching Norwich City for the last two seasons cannot be classed as entertainment. I don''t even look forward to it any more, and I know that loads of other fans feel this way. Shame - real real shame.[/quote]

I first had a season ticket when I was 12. It was in the old wooden stand and my Grandmother brought it for me. I sat there for a while but then used to transfer into the Barclay to be with my mates. That''s a long time ago now and I have a season ticket in the Lower Barclay with my daughter. In the intervening years I sometimes had a ticket and sometimes didn''t. There were times when I couldn''t afford to go and times when other commitments prevented me from going. For the last 8 years I have been going with my daughter, and like you with your dad it makes it more special. Back in the 80''s I went with my son and that made it special too. This season I have been to a game with my Grandson! What I guess I am trying to say is I always look forward to going regardles of how the team play because it''s something I like doing and share with my family just like you with your Dad.

Financial constraints and work commitments have stopped me going but performances on the pitch, however much they hurt and disappoint never will. 

Still haven''t renewed mine. I know I will but this has been the first time that I have had my doubts. Especially as the prices have gone up and the quality has gone down.

For the last season and a bit only a handful of games have had me leaving CR thinking ''WOW that was a great game''.

but Norwich City has me hooked and I may be gullable for it but I cant help myself but go everyweek, regardless.

Because I love Delia and the board and everything that''s wrong with the world because I''m blind and living in La La Land etc, yes I renewed.

[quote user="Grumpy "]Apparently only 2000ish have, so far, renewed their season ticket.[/quote]

I think you''ll find that there are more than 2000 season ticket holders who have 3 yr and 5 yr options on their tickets so your figure can''t be right plus I think you''ll find that a lot of people leave it until this week closer to the deadline.

Ive extended my 2 years left to 3 just in case anyone was going to ask.

i dont believe it makes u a sheep if u renew... it makes success all the more sweeter...

If we do go down, how many of us will be at Carrow road on a wet Wednesday vs chesterfield? stick with the club through the bad times because when we one day return to the premiership and beat Man utd again it will be all the better.

those who are going to stay away have that choice.. but i wonder how many of them will whinge when they cant get tickets in the future... citing that "they have supported the club for years and now the Johnny come latleys have taken their places away".. suffice to say had u of reknewed when we were getting 14,000 per week it would be a doddle to renew when we got 26000 a week and u wouldnt be missing out.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i dont believe it makes u a sheep if u renew... it makes success all the more sweeter...

If we do go down, how many of us will be at Carrow road on a wet Wednesday vs chesterfield? stick with the club through the bad times because when we one day return to the premiership and beat Man utd again it will be all the better.

those who are going to stay away have that choice.. but i wonder how many of them will whinge when they cant get tickets in the future... citing that "they have supported the club for years and now the Johnny come latleys have taken their places away".. suffice to say had u of reknewed when we were getting 14,000 per week it would be a doddle to renew when we got 26000 a week and u wouldnt be missing out.

jas :)

[/quote]

wonderful post JAS

The good times will return. I''ve stuck through many bad times before and they don''t last forever.

I have not renewed,simply because it is far to expensive,

if the price was lower, there would be no issue about re-signing up, league one or whatever,

but because of the price i can''t

[quote user="AJ"]I have not renewed,simply because it is far to expensive,

if the price was lower, there would be no issue about re-signing up, league one or whatever,

but because of the price i can''t[/quote]Ditto. Can''t afford it anymore. If we were top or in the prem then i might make big sacrifices to afford it but to justify another increase above inflation is ridiculous. Sames happening with taxes.

I renewed, where else would I get a chance to relieve my stress (legally)....besides there''s no good comedy on the telly anymore may as well go and watch the Doc Hughes axis at bouncy castle (formally fortress) carrow road, something to tell the grandkids about although they probably wont believe me...

I considered not (or delaying) renewing (mainly due to the qulaity of football rather than league position) but who am I kidding it''s in the blood, its a chance to see my mates take the youngun to see my folks etc etc, you see when you live away from Norwich its more than about the football, its a link to a place and a heritage that no matter what happens on or off the pitch cant be broken easily...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

If we do go down, how many of us will be at Carrow road on a wet Wednesday vs chesterfield?

[/quote]

Yes I probably will, but as a casual fan.  It wasn''t the quality of football that stopped me renewing last year.  There were several reasons, but the main one was the feeling that such a large season ticket base had made the board complacent.

I am not sure if I am going to or not.Due to the fact the nature of my job I find it very difficult to go to mid week games and seens as about 10 of our matches hav''nt been on a saturday this year, makes me wonder if it''s worth paying out.I might be better off with a membership/6 games guarenteed (or whatever it is) and getting tickets as and when I can get to games..

Just sitting here filling mine in.....I keep having 2nd thoughts but I know the Miss will want me to take her out if I''m sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon!!!

Tell ya one thing tho, I''m not filling in the Autopay Cup Scheme as we will have loads of game being in the LDV Trophy...........!!!!!!!

Having renewed at lunchtime on the day of the Coventry game I felt that, by 4.45pm, I had a good case of mis-representation under the Trades Description Act.

Then tonight''s 3-2 result, albeit away, makes me think that somehow I''ve not got such a watertight case after all....................

I will have to wait until after renewals but am seriously thinking about getting another season ticket as I see Grant leading us in the right direction. In particular I like the re-emphasis on deveoping our own youth.

I have renewed although half way through the Coventry game I wondered why, at the end of the Luton game I was chuffed to bits!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

11,000 sold so far - just about the same as this time last year.

Full Story

[/quote]

There ya go mbncfc... it''s not just me! [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

11,000 sold so far - just about the same as this time last year.

Full Story

[/quote]

There ya go mbncfc... it''s not just me! [;)]

[/quote]

You see, this is very disappointing... I mean, I haven''t been this disappointed since I went to Luton expecting the City fans to be on the players backs and shouting for our board to be sacked, only to find over 1,000 people cheering the side on. What a let down... [^o)]

Neil Doncaster is said to find it " extremely encouraging " that 11,000 trusting souls, including me, have, so far, renewed their season ticket for next year. I fail to see why.

The figure is said to be " about on a par " with last season but wouldn''t this be the case anyway? Many of us who moan and groan on here and elsewhere know that we''ll be back at Carrow Road next year come what may, so of course we''ll renew now, at the cheapest price available.

The real test will come as the discounting periods diminish and the club starts sweating that there might not be so many bums on seats after all.

It''s not rocket science is it ?

[quote user="mbncfc"]

You see, this is very disappointing... I mean, I haven''t been this disappointed since I went to Luton expecting the City fans to be on the players backs and shouting for our board to be sacked, only to find over 1,000 people cheering the side on. What a let down... [^o)]

[/quote]

Was good though, wasn''t it! [:^)]