Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Sadest Moment Supporting Norwich

For some reason, Craven Cottage wasn''t a really memoorably sad day for me, i was more sad when we lost the play off final.

I dont know what it was about the fulham game, whether it was the great atmosphere before the game, getting on sky Tv dancing and being stupid, the hope we could do something, the summer weather, the Easy chants at 6-0 down, the humerousness of our fans, or just the thanks for a great season in the premiership.

Fulham 2005, a day to remember.

Yes the same for me Ray,That was the only one I missed. I had borrowed on my wages about two months ahead and couldn''t raise the cash or get any more time off. Hated Luton and Bingham ever since.My other sad moment was the play-off final against Birmingham, I had got up at four in the morning, driven down to Paddington where my son lived and we both went by train to Cardiff, The damned train got stuck for four hours just outside Newport and I had to ring my wife at home to relay the match she was watching on TV. WE eventually arrived just before half time. Then off course we lost what a great day !

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Almost as sad for me as the Leeds result was listening on the radio to hear that Martin O''Neill had walked out and gone to Leicester who went on to beat us the day O''Neill didn''t turn up. I realsied then that we could be stuck in the lower leagues for a while. Sadly we have never recovered from that day.[/quote]

I was at Filbert Street that day...

The day that fuelled the fans real anger to get rid of Mr Chase...  without that day happening Mr Chase would still be here...

Would that of been a blessing or not???

[/quote]

I remember sitting down as a 10 year old to watch that on Anglia''s "Kick off" that Sunday as it was being screened live. And I just remember the first lines from Piper being something along the lines of "Martin O'' Neill has resigned, yes, resigned, as manager of Norwich City" and I was just thinking - wtf - in fact I remember thinking at first that he was joking!

[/quote]

The away stand (the small stand down the flank of the pitch at Filbert Street that day) was packed to the rafters with fans expecting to see two teams unning for promotion suqaring up.  You really had to be there to imagine the anger that spilled out of the City faithful that day on turning up at the ground to hear that O''Neill wasn''t there, that he had walked out and would be going to Leicester...  very sad...

The Green & Yellow boys didn''t half get behind the team though that day as well though!!!

Any of the relegations we''ve had were sad events, the worst has to be the Fulham 6-0

Both occasions when Mike Walker left were also very sad.  Crying [:''(]

When Darrel Sutch came on at right back in the play off final, took all of 30 seconds before they scored. Very silent ride home, took me days to get over the dissappointment!!!

Like many others, I''ve never felt as gutted about a Norwich result as the 1995 relegation against Leeds and that dubious penalty. It''s not like me to sulk, but I was silent for hours afterwards and grumpy for several days.

For god''s sake smudger, give it a bloody rest.

My saddest moment as a City fan was probably the play off final, though I was proud of the boys for the performance that day, it was gutting to lose on peno''s. 6-0 to Fulham was another, to see such a gutless display from the majority of the team was a joke for such an important game in our history.

Another, ridiculously was a while ago when McVeigh actually wanted to play for us, I saw him in Mercy with a few of the players, all I said was Hi Paul, and put my hand out to shake his....and he just blanked me. I''ve hated the stuck up little p***k ever since.

Hucks on the other hand was a star, top man, looked rather embarassed that McVeigh had just walked off.

My second city game was the Leeds match , it  ranks as a pretty low ebb for me as my lasting memory is the highly dubious penalty that Yeboah won and Leeds fans coming up to us after game telling us we''d be back next season. Probably has something to do with why I have very little or no sympathy with Leeds in their current predicament.

[quote user="VAUX"]When Darrel Sutch came on at right back in the play off final, took all of 30 seconds before they scored. Very silent ride home, took me days to get over the dissappointment!!![/quote]

which is why they scored from the left.... Blame Mr Mackay for that goal.. (watch the replay)

jas :)

my saddest Moment has to be Seeing Iwan Roberts walk round the pitch vs Preston with hsi Family on his final home game at Carrow road... he''s my all time favourite player and i was gutted!

I watched the Crewe game the following week at Carrow Road in the Russ Allison Lounge.. when Iwan scored the whole place just went ballistic! the 1000 or so people in there made more noise than the entire barclay lol! and i threw my pint over some poor bloke in celebration... Happy sad in a way

jas :)