Subs: Drury Etuhu Brown Croft Gallagher

Farewell this summer To McVeigh Doc Thorne and MLJ

Struggling to fit them all in to be honest but I would go with:

Marshall

Colin Doherty Shackell Drury

Croft Fotheringham Safri Lappin

Dublin Earnshaw

Subs: Lewis, Brown, Chadwick, Martin and Hughes

I rate Chadwick as a pretty good player but he seems to be developing a bit of status on here without actually playing.I hope he will hold down a first choice mid field place but I would want to see how he fits in first.I think his last season was hampered by injury so it may take him a while to find form!  

It is a tough one.

I dont see much between hughes and colin at right back, so either can play as far as i''m concerned. I think Shackall is 1st choice centre nack and should play with Dublin because Doherty is a liability. Drury, despite the arrival of lappin deserves to stay at left back, and of course in goal anyone but galllagher will do.

In midfield it starts to get tricky, if we play an out an out right winger then i would give chadwick the nod ahead of croft, chadwick did well this year for stoke to start with while croft is all huff and puff with little end product. In the centre i think Safri should play but dont expect him to be here next season, probably alongside fozzie, although i worry about them being to similar and wonder if etuhu''s physical presence is needed. On the left you have to play Huckerby, if Earnshaw is fit because it is his best position and Chris Martin deserves to be first choice.

However this leaves out Simon Lappin which is unfair, so it means we need to find another formation perhaps

3-5-2 with Dublin, Shackall and Drury at the back, with lappin plying as a left sided centre midfielder alongside 2 out of safri, etuhu and fozzie.Meaning no need for hughes or colin, lappin can help cover drury and free hucks to roam. The downside of this is drury may be slightly out of position and Dublin may struggle with a lack of cover

4-3-1-2, is a bit gungho, but it allows Hucks to play as the 1, as a natural left winger,means you can play lappin as the left of 3 CM, but means no place for chadwick or croft.

It''s a puzzle for pG!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]

Marshall

Dublin Earnshaw

[/quote]

So No Huckerby in the squad?

[quote user="Matt Hudson"][quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]

Marshall

Dublin Earnshaw

[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s been abducted by aliens and sent to the planet Zorb to negotiate a peace treaty between them and their neighboring planet Xylon. Apparently, they have been at war for some time now and need an arbitrator in Yellow to solve the dispute. The Zorbians felt that Darren was of suitable stature to undertake this task but ensure me he will ba back for the Derby game. I hope this helps.

Marshall

Colin  Dublin Shackell Drury

Chadwick Safri Fotheringham Lappin

Earnshaw  Huckerby

Subs:

Martin  Ryan Jarvis  Spillane Hughes Lewis

I like the idea of 3-5-2 as well. It means Hucks as a more free rein and can wander more.

Marshall

Dublin          Shackell          Drury

Chadwick   Etuhu      Safri    Huckerby  Lappin     

Earnshaw          Martin

Subs:  Lewis, Hughes, Colin,  Brown,  Croft, Fotheringham

I think there could be a LOT more to come from Fotheringham but its been very evident from the games he''s played that he is nowhere near full match fitness.         

I''m not sure what team I would pick at the moment... Earnie, Hucks and Safri would be in without a doubt.

After that it all gets a bit tricky...

Is Dion better upfront or in defence? Who plays in centre midfield? Etuhu has been fairly rubbish all season but Fotheringham has been unconvincing.

Haven''t seen much of Chadwick in a City shirt but then Crofts end product has been lacking.

Is it wise or fair to rely on Chris Martin when he''s still only young?

Hmm I do think I''d have Colin and Drury in the fullback slots though.

If you are to play 3-5-3 then I would argue that the best position for Lappin is left wing-back as Huckerby is not really defencive enough.

You could then play Huckerby in just behind the front two. Down the right hand side I would go with one of Colin, Chadwick or Croft.

This formation works well on the break so hopefully a fit Earnshaw and Martin would be best to use with their pace along with Huckerby in just behind them picking up scraps!

[quote user="Gloucester canary"]

Marshall

Colin        Dublin        Shackell         Lappin

Chadwick     Fotheringham    Safri      Huckerby

Martin            Earnshaw

Subs: Drury Etuhu Brown Croft Gallagher

Farewell this summer To McVeigh Doc Thorne and MLJ

[/quote]

Absolutly agree with all of that. on paper that team should be at least play offs but unfortionatly paper and reality arent the same

nearly in agreement with you gloucester.  after today''s win against barnsly, agree that fozzy should start in centre midfield rather than dicko

Marshall

hughes        Dublin        Shackell         drury

Chadwick     Fotheringham    Safri      Huckerby

Martin            Earnshaw

Subs: lappin Etuhu Croft colin Gallagher

has to be this:

warner

hughes   dublin   shackell   drury

chadwick fotheringham safri lappin

huckerby  earnshaw

subs: marshall colin doherty martin croft

[quote user="Matt Hudson"][quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]

Marshall

Dublin Earnshaw

[/quote]

[/quote] Oops - told you I was having trouble fitting them all in! It''s difficult because Hucks has to be in the team but I don''t think he and Earnie up front would work and we look much better on the left with Lappin and Drury!! Struggling to know which is best!

The great thing now is we all seem to be getting excited about our squad again. This must be the first time for a long time.

I am starting to have great faith in Grant and I think the squad will look even better next season.