Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

So the new hotel DOES have rooms with a view .........

Just seen on the '' Pink-Un '' site that the boys in blue have spelt out some '' do''s and dont''s '' regarding the new hotel at Carrow Road which now, after all, does seem to have pitchside rooms.

Apparently on matchdays only two adult guests will be allowed in any room with a view of the pitch. There will also be limiters fitted to those windows overlooking play to prevent objects being thrown on the pitch............. ( I suspect that the way City''s fortunes have plummeted it''s also to stop depressed fans attempting to end it all.......in which case they''d best fit them to all the openings in case someone jumps out the back ).

When City are at home two heavies will be stationed on the entrance doors to repel all undesirables which includes anyone subject to a football banning order ( sneaky, eh ? ) I reckon then that should Jermaine Pennant turn up at the door with a large bulge in his trousers he won''t get in either ? The large bulge being a new ankle tag of course.....what did you think I meant ?

Sound a real fun palace this place.......

stick an extra 1 infront of each of them Archant!

when i emailed Neil Doncaster making the point it would be far cheaper for me to surrender my season ticket and pay £15 to watch the game from the hotel window for less money than it would to buy a ticket in the ground.. he informed me that those prices were in fact "incorrect". and that each price was missing a hundred from the front of it.

Nothing to do with the fact that i asked would the club be reviewing the ticket prices to stop fans saying out of Carrow Road and watching in the hotel for less money than a match ticket at Carrow Road then?

im going to print the article off the front page of this site and show it to mr Doncaster either before Derby or Birmingham. I might also write a letter to Roger Munby asking if he can clarify why tickets are more expensive than a hotel room.

Im inclined to believe those at Archant over Spin Doncaster. purely because this is the 2nd time i have seen these prices qouted. the reporter would of done their research and been told these prices by someone at Holiday inn or the club (most likely Smithers Doncaster himself!) 

having read and Re Read the article to make sure i havent missed anything i find this sickening treatment of the fans! ok so the deal only runs from April 2nd to august 31st But that takes in 3 home games this season (including Ipswich where tickets will be in high demand.. unless u pay £15 to watch out the window!) and at least 2 or 3 home games next season!

If u paid £15 for each of those 6 games it would come to £63. whereas if u forked out £28 to sit in the posh seats in the Jarrold it would cost £168!

This is the reason im against the hotel.. Norwich City Business Center is alive and well.. Norwich City football club died a long time ago. the football is second fiddle now at Carrow Road, its being seen as an expensive commodity. the whole point of these businesses is to raise money for new players/facilities/keep the club afloat... yet fans would effectively be losing money by paying out to watch the game from the terraces. The club can tell me its £135, or £115 or whatever they want, but the fact of the matter remains that, (and i''ll email Holiday Inn for confirmation if i have too) they havent been totally honest over the prices... someone is wrong somewhere.. Doncaster, Holiday Inn, Archant (which i doubt, the article is well researched), Peter Grants Tea Lady!

We are being treated like Crap!

jas :)

just wait for the club to get fined for it.. Bolton got eaxtly that when fans consumed alcohol in view of the ptich at their hotel

[quote user="Kathy"]I wonder if they will allow honeymoon couples?[/quote]

Why?

Are Smudger and Cluck gettin'' married?? [D] [^] [ip]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why?

[/quote]

Or are they already married? [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why?

[/quote]

I object on the grounds that Cluck is a bird.

[quote user="percyvarco"]

Plod are issuing instructions about who what why where and when about the Hotel rooms that face the pitch.

I cannot wait to see Plod marching into a room and arresting somebody who is enjoying a tipple from the mini bar and has no interest in the footie because an away fan has complained they can see alcohol being consumed in view of the pitch.

Why didn''t Plod spot this at planning.

You couldn''t make it up

[/quote]

I thought the pitch facing windows had obscure glass?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

You need to keep your hair on over this Jas. For two reasons:1. No-one can tell you what the prices are for the hotel because they operate in much the same way as cheap flight tickets - totally demand led. Which means the price will fluctuate. The fewer rooms left, the more they''ll cost. I would bet that a room over the pitch on a saturday will be well in excess of £100. And Holiday Inns are substantially more expensive than your Travelodges etc. You will find that the cheap room prices are for 10% of the rooms and at very off peak times. (I work in a Tourist Office that books hotel accommodation - staff are always having to watch the local Travelodge over this - there must be at least 10% of rooms available at the minimum price for them to be able to advertise that price.)2. As the article in the pinkun at the mo points out, police requirements will be that only a maximum of two people per bed or something will be allowed in a room on a match day. Which will only serve to increase the demand and hence the price for the rooms. So it''s not going to be a viable option to gamble on replacing your season ticket with hotel rooms. p.s. would be great to experience it though!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why?

[/quote]

Or are they already married? [:D]

[/quote]

I thought after the obvious slip by Smudger on WOTB they had actually gotten divorced. Makes no difference anyway....in today''s world even divorced couples go away for special occasions.   

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

eyesore! Pull it down and put some seating in there.

[/quote]agreed,i dont know why they couldn''t have at least put an infill on the front of it!

1,   Those cheap packages  are for the period Apr 1 (fools day ! )  to Aug 31st   ...... after that 

they will revert  to normal prices  , over £100  +  .....   aint much left of the season   to

threaten  the board   with  mass exodus   to the hotel rooms eh ?

2,    There`ll be  two bouncers attendant  1 hr before , and 1 hr after matches  .... ooh , scary !

like the  management   will allow paying guests  , and their  friends , to be  leaned on by

heavies !   despite what the cops say , they have NO jurisdiction   inside the hotel  and

grounds unless a crime has been committed !   Hotel managers  don`t have to obey   a list

of rules  that will  be contrary  to the hotel rules ,   the interfering busybodies   will end

up with a flea in their ears !  you can`t start laying the law down , on the basis of what

MIGHT happen  .........    they have NO evidence  that guests  will throw objects out

of the windows  ,  its sheer parochialism on the part of the authorities ...

Oh , and don`t forget that the club  get 30% of the profits  !    and they don`t have   to do much except collect it   .....never mind the looks , feel   the money !!  

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

eyesore! Pull it down and put some seating in there.

[/quote]

And who is going to pay for the seating? Who would you sell to pay? As for an eyesore can''t you wait for it to be finished before passing judgement?

It would be great to have an infill but the hotel is the sensible option. Capacity at Carrow Road can be increased to over 30000 by building on the City stand and pound per seat gives much better value.

[quote user="sheded"]

despite what the cops say , they have NO jurisdiction   inside the hotel  and

grounds unless a crime has been committed !   Hotel managers  don`t have to obey   a list

of rules  that will  be contrary  to the hotel rules ,   the interfering busybodies   will end

up with a flea in their ears ! [/quote]

The ''cops'' may have no control over such matters but Norwich City Council''s licensing committee will have. If conditions are breached then they have the power to revoke any licence they have issued and then the hotel managers may as well lock the doors and go home. Hotel managers do have to obey a list of rules.

The ''cops'' may have no control over such matters but Norwich City Council''s licensing committee will have. If conditions are breached then they have the power to revoke any licence they have issued and then the hotel managers may as well lock the doors and go home. Hotel managers do have to obey a list of rules.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep Ginge !  I can just see that happening .....  a snotty little council committee   revokes the hotels license  because the silly " rules "  they made up  aren`t being  upheld ,  the hotel closes , the council loses  all the rates etc  from the hotel , the  local   businesses  and tourist trade lose revenue ,  the hotel sues the arse off  the council , and , with the clout they`ve got , will  almost certainly  bankrupt  the council ( ie the ratepayers )  ,  the club  will lose the 30%  of profits  , and have a derelict  building   overlooking its ground   , for which it might have to buy back from Holiday Inns ......

Reality check !     its not how it works !!      also , the hotel managers  only obey the rules   laid down by the owners .....  they might have some discretion   about local rules , but if that  risks  the displeasure of paying guests ....?    like telling them  how many friends  they can invite  in , saying they can`t open their windows ,  being checked out by bouncers ......   then this committee will get the  the old two finger salute !   its a business , not a pantomime !!

I loved this bit:

The Championship package, which starts from £20 per person per night, allows people to enjoy a bottle of specially selected red or chilled white wine, Internet access and robe and slippers.

This must be based on the comfort zone of certain players within our squad.

[quote user="sheded"]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep Ginge !  I can just see that happening .....  a snotty little council committee   revokes the hotels license  because the silly " rules "  they made up  aren`t being  upheld ,  the hotel closes , the council loses  all the rates etc  from the hotel , the  local   businesses  and tourist trade lose revenue ,  the hotel sues the arse off  the council , and , with the clout they`ve got , will  almost certainly  bankrupt  the council ( ie the ratepayers )  ,  the club  will lose the 30%  of profits  , and have a derelict  building   overlooking its ground   , for which it might have to buy back from Holiday Inns ......

Reality check !     its not how it works !!      also , the hotel managers  only obey the rules   laid down by the owners .....  they might have some discretion   about local rules , but if that  risks  the displeasure of paying guests ....?    like telling them  how many friends  they can invite  in , saying they can`t open their windows ,  being checked out by bouncers ......   then this committee will get the  the old two finger salute !   its a business , not a pantomime !!

[/quote]

no they wont.. look how many years Brighton have gone without a ground because the council have refused it. Hotel managers obey the rules of the owners yes.. but the owners also obey rules of the local council...

so the council loses the rates of 1 hotel??? how many hotels in Norwich Generate pre tax profits? im willing to bet all of them do, except for the B and b''s that are privately run... The hotel wouldnt sue the council.. Because the Councils Laws are made by their bosses.. the government. Any Legislation that goes against the hotel is stuck too. they can have a turnover of 20 billion a year but if issued with a Closing order than thats exactly what they have to do... Would the Hoteliers take money out of the people they hope to stay in the hotels pocket? (the tax payer) no of course not.. higher rates/taxation means less people who can afford to stay in their hotel.. theyd simply close, move, and open up elsewhere.

Local business in the area have been thriving since Before the hotel arrived, and if the hotel was to close would continue to thrive.

Yes the club would lose 30% of the profit.. but as with any business theres a risk it wont be profitable.. then how much will the club lose?

no they wont.. look how many years Brighton have gone without a ground because the council have refused it. Hotel managers obey the rules of the owners yes.. but the owners also obey rules of the local council...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats that got to do with the price of potato`s ?   Brighton council OWN that land !  ergo they can do what they like with it !   correct me if I`m wrong  , but isn`t the Holiday Inn   on private land , with a 100 odd year lease  ?   this committee  have NO jurisdiction  over how the hotel is run ,  especially  the stupid rules they have come up with , based on what MIGHT  happen !!

in Norwich Generate pre tax profits? im willing to bet all of them do, except for the B and b''s that are privately run... The hotel wouldnt sue the council.. Because the Councils Laws are made by their bosses.. the government. Any Legislation that goes against the hotel is stuck too. they can have a turnover of 20 billion a year but if issued with a Closing order than thats exactly what they have to do...  

...............................................................................................................................

The government had nothing to do with this !   its this quango committee   who are trying  impose restrictions .......   I`m willing to bet that a good few of this committee   have hotels   that would  be hit financially  if the Holiday Inn prospered .....

As for Holiday Inns not suing  , like they will just write off  £ millions  ??   they will  compile a case ( they got Barristers ! )   go for an appeal  ,  then drag the case  to the highest court , and that wont be the local magistrates !    they WILL win the case ,  and will obtain damages  and costs  ,  the ratepayers will have to pay this !!    that committee  will be run out of town with their arses on fire .......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the club would lose 30% of the profit.. but as with any business theres a risk it wont be profitable.. then how much will the club lose ?

Just like that ??   the club just loses  a 30% profit  , and just says  , " Oh hum , thats the way the cookie crumbles " , ?   like hell they will !     the club negotiated the terms of the lease , agreed to the building plans ,  agreed to windows facing the pitch   , etc etc  , so its NOT the club thats raising objections ( cutting off their noses to spite their faces ?)    its a clique  of local businessmen  with vested interests  who got this committee  to start raising objections .... Holiday Inns    barristers will have them for breakfast !  [:''(]

as long as the nearest fans to the ''motel'' are the away supporters, who cares if  ''guests'' go rock''n''roll and throw the tv''s out the window?

oh, hang on a minute, I bet the motel rooms will get complimentary footage (with replays etc) ''thrown in'' for their deal that we poor week-in week-out supporters are expected to huddle together in the comfortable ''refreshment'' areas to see at half-time while we buy the overpriced pies and drinks for our youngsters.

No big screen in the ground yet, but if we had one it should be hung on the motel over the windows!

[quote user="sheded"]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats that got to do with the price of potato`s ?   Brighton council OWN that land !  ergo they can do what they like with it !   correct me if I`m wrong  , but isn`t the Holiday Inn   on private land , with a 100 odd year lease  ?   this committee  have NO jurisdiction  over how the hotel is run ,  especially  the stupid rules they have come up with , based on what MIGHT  happen !!

in Norwich Generate pre tax profits? im willing to bet all of them do, except for the B and b''s that are privately run... The hotel wouldnt sue the council.. Because the Councils Laws are made by their bosses.. the government. Any Legislation that goes against the hotel is stuck too. they can have a turnover of 20 billion a year but if issued with a Closing order than thats exactly what they have to do...  

...............................................................................................................................

The government had nothing to do with this !   its this quango committee   who are trying  impose restrictions .......   I`m willing to bet that a good few of this committee   have hotels   that would  be hit financially  if the Holiday Inn prospered .....

As for Holiday Inns not suing  , like they will just write off  £ millions  ??   they will  compile a case ( they got Barristers ! )   go for an appeal  ,  then drag the case  to the highest court , and that wont be the local magistrates !    they WILL win the case ,  and will obtain damages  and costs  ,  the ratepayers will have to pay this !!    that committee  will be run out of town with their arses on fire .......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the club would lose 30% of the profit.. but as with any business theres a risk it wont be profitable.. then how much will the club lose ?

Just like that ??   the club just loses  a 30% profit  , and just says  , " Oh hum , thats the way the cookie crumbles " , ?   like hell they will !     the club negotiated the terms of the lease , agreed to the building plans ,  agreed to windows facing the pitch   , etc etc  , so its NOT the club thats raising objections ( cutting off their noses to spite their faces ?)    its a clique  of local businessmen  with vested interests  who got this committee  to start raising objections .... Holiday Inns    barristers will have them for breakfast !  [:''(]

[/quote]

If the club owns 30% of the business then they are responsible for 30% of the legal case... which the club cant afford.. short of hiking ticket prices up.. or Selling Darren Huckerby.. do u think this is the best course of action should jursidictions take place Sheded?

Whoa there lads (& lassies). Hold on a minute. Point of information.

The packages [Premiership, Championship and League 1] are optional and are in addition to the guest''s chosen room rate.

Room rates range from approximately 81 pounds for a standard double room to 126 pounds for a double executive suite, without breakfast. Rate dependent on length of advance booking [3-14 days]. Buffet breakfast appears to be about 5 pounds per person per day.

Info from hotel web site.

So, u makes yr choice & pays ur money.

OTBC

If the club owns 30% of the business then they are responsible for 30% of the legal case... which the club cant afford.. short of hiking ticket prices up.. or Selling Darren Huckerby.. do u think this is the best course of action should jursidictions take place Sheded?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erm , no !  the club don`t own  30%  of Holiday Inn  ,  the deal is  30%  of the profits .........

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Whoa there lads (& lassies). Hold on a minute. Point of information.

The packages [Premiership, Championship and League 1] are optional and are in addition to the guest''s chosen room rate.

Room rates range from approximately 81 pounds for a standard double room to 126 pounds for a double executive suite, without breakfast. Rate dependent on length of advance booking [3-14 days]. Buffet breakfast appears to be about 5 pounds per person per day.

Info from hotel web site.

So, u makes yr choice & pays ur money.

OTBC

[/quote]

Give me this hotel link please.......

Here`s a thought to mull on ,    What if Delia`s catering  is in cahoots with the catering side of Holiday Inn ?    surely a very logical  arrangement  ?   why would Holiday Inn take the trouble  to hire chefs and other catering staff   , when Delia`s restaurant  is a mere stones throw away ?