Sign in to follow this  
3canaries

Where do you think the points will come from??

With 14 games to go and a maximum haul of 42 points, where do we think the points will come from?  We have only 6 homes games vs 8 away games.  From 32 games so far we''ve only managed 38 points (1 point avg per game), so will an average of 1 point per game for the remaining 14 games be enough?, I''m not sure - 52 points, maybe, maybe not. 

I don''t think we can be more optimistic than another 15 points against the remaining 14 opposition, below is my effort to predict whether we''ll win, loose or draw these games and I have to say I can''t see up getting more than 15 points.

What do other reckon?  Will 53 points be enough to ensure safety and be able to obtain our status on Championship and build for next season??

Luton D 1 point

Barnsley W 3 pointd

Derby (H) L

Cardiff  L

Birmingham (H) D 1 point

Stoke (H) W 3 points

Colchester D 1 point

Hull D 1 point

West Brom (H) L

Leicester L

Burnley D 1 point

Ipswich W 3 points (Here''s hoping!!)

Southampton L

Sheffield Wednesday D 1 point

I think that 52 points would be enough....  We will not get 14 or 15 points though!!!

You say that we will get 4 points from the next 2 games...  that could just be unachieveable in little over 30 hours time...

To say that we will beat Barnsley at their place when they have a couple of new Hungarian strikers bang in form at the moment is just ridiculous given our current form!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

I think that 52 points would be enough....  We will not get 14 or 15 points though!!!

You say that we will get 4 points from the next 2 games...  that could just be unachieveable in little over 30 hours time...

To say that we will beat Barnsley at their place when they have a couple of new Hungarian strikers bang in form at the moment is just ridiculous given our current form!!!

[/quote]

Why not answer the question instead of rubbishing a good starting point for a debate?

[quote user="percyvarco"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Why not answer the question instead of rubbishing a good starting point for a debate?

[/quote]

That is exactly what I have done... may I suggest that you do the same instead of rubbishing fellow posters???

Fozzy,

I will answer the post, and unlike Smudger, I have seen the Leeds, Chelsea and Coventry games from inside the ground.

Luton   1 Point

Barnsley 1 Point

Derby  1 Point

Cardiff  Loss

Birmingham Loss ( strikers a bit to pacey for our defence )

Stoke 3 points

Colchester 1  point

Hull 3 Points

WBA 1 Point

Leicester 1 Point

Burnley L ( Thankfully it is not on TV, but we always lose to them )

Ipswich 1 point

Southampton Loss

Sheff W 1 Point

14 points to add to our 38, I think I am going to be very nervous until the last week of the season, we need to play better than we did for the first 70 minutes of the Coventry game to even go close to getting the 14 points.

But I will get behind the team and manager, to do my bit in assisting us get the points needed to stay in the Championship

We have to beat Barnsley and Luton. I think 6 or 4 points from them will see us safe. I think Derby are on the slide as well, and with rumours of backroom rifts abundant I hope we can capitalise on a poor time for them. Cardiff are the form side at the moment, but we do seem to be their boogie team. I''d be happy with a point from Derby and Cardiff. Birmingham lost to Hull, so anything''s possible with them. Stoke are a side we never beat. Colchester are a team who are on the slide too, so maybe a point there. Hull is another must win, then WBA is a no brainer, not a chance there. Leicester are a side who could reverse their fortunes, but I see that as another must win. Burnley are our boogie side, so no chance. Ipswich is another must win, and then I can see us getting one point only from Sheffield Wednesday and Southampton.

Here''s how I see us doing;

Luton (A) - 1pt
Barnsley (A) - 3pts
Derby (H) - 1pt
Cardiff (A) - 0pts
Birmingham (H) - 0pts
Stoke (H) - 1pt
Colchester (A) - 1pt
Hull (A) - 0pt
WBA (H) - 0pt
Leicester (A) - 1pt
Burnley (A) - 0pts
Ipswich (H) - 3pts.
Southampton (H) - 0pt
Sheffield Wed (A) - 1pts

Total: 12pts

Total: 50pts exactly.

Is it going to be enough? Not sure. A look at last year shows you needed 43 points to survive. Year before required 52 pts to survive. It''s going to be tough, I think, whatever happens. I just hope we get lucky and teams below us mess up.

I''m a season ticker holder in the Upper Barclay so I''ve seen too first hand our performances.  I do think realistically it''ll be around the 14-15 point mark.  Coventry was poor, very poor, but if we can revert back to the 4-4-2 formation that serves us better than 4-3-3 then I think we will find the goals.  Chadwick should hopefully be back in a week or so, Dublin will be back shortly and I just we still have enough in the engine to win games.

You never know, Earnie could be back for the last couple of games!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

We have to beat Barnsley and Luton. I think 6 or 4 points from them will see us safe. I think Derby are on the slide as well, and with rumours of backroom rifts abundant I hope we can capitalise on a poor time for them. Cardiff are the form side at the moment, but we do seem to be their boogie team. I''d be happy with a point from Derby and Cardiff. Birmingham lost to Hull, so anything''s possible with them. Stoke are a side we never beat. Colchester are a team who are on the slide too, so maybe a point there. Hull is another must win, then WBA is a no brainer, not a chance there. Leicester are a side who could reverse their fortunes, but I see that as another must win. Burnley are our boogie side, so no chance. Ipswich is another must win, and then I can see us getting one point only from Sheffield Wednesday and Southampton.

Here''s how I see us doing;

Luton (A) - 1pt
Barnsley (A) - 3pts
Derby (H) - 1pt
Cardiff (A) - 0pts
Birmingham (H) - 0pts
Stoke (H) - 1pt
Colchester (A) - 1pt
Hull (A) - 0pt
WBA (H) - 0pt
Leicester (A) - 1pt
Burnley (A) - 0pts
Ipswich (H) - 3pts.
Southampton (H) - 0pt
Sheffield Wed (A) - 1pts

Total: 12pts

Total: 50pts exactly.

Is it going to be enough? Not sure. A look at last year shows you needed 43 points to survive. Year before required 52 pts to survive. It''s going to be tough, I think, whatever happens. I just hope we get lucky and teams below us mess up.

[/quote]

Agree with those results actually, though the optimist in me can see us getting 3 points at home to either Brum or WBA, but not both. I also think we have decent chances at Hull and Leicester, fit squad permitting. Though if the results are as above, and we do total 50 points, I don''t think it''ll be enough.

[quote user="N4 Canary"]

Fozzy,

I will answer the post, and unlike Smudger, I have seen the Leeds, Chelsea and Coventry games from inside the ground.

Luton   1 Point

Barnsley 1 Point

Derby  1 Point

Cardiff  Loss

Stoke 3 points

Colchester 1  point

Hull 3 Points

WBA 1 Point

Leicester 1 Point

Ipswich 1 point

Southampton Loss

Sheff W 1 Point

14 points to add to our 38, I think I am going to be very nervous until the last week of the season, we need to play better than we did for the first 70 minutes of the Coventry game to even go close to getting the 14 points.

But I will get behind the team and manager, to do my bit in assisting us get the points needed to stay in the Championship

[/quote]

Most realistic post on this thread from those that have tried to predict our remaining results so far...

I think we would be lucky to get anything from the game at Hull though and would dfinetly settle for a point if offered it right now!!!

For what it''s worth then I will go...

Luton  D  1 point

Barnsley  Loss

Derby  Loss

Cardiff  Loss

Birmingham D  1 point

Stoke  W 3 points

Colchester  Loss

Hull  Loss

WBA  D 1 point

Leicester  Loss

Burnley  D 1 point

Ipswich  D 1 point

Southampton  Loss

Sheff Weds  D 1 point

So 9 points + 38 = 47 points... Will that be enough (maybe but only by the skin of our teeth).

Luton (A) - 3pts
Barnsley (A) - 0pts
Derby (H) - 1pt
Cardiff (A) - 0pts
Birmingham (H) - 1pt
Stoke (H) - 0pts
Colchester (A) - 1pt
Hull (A) - 0pt
WBA (H) - 0pt
Leicester (A) - 1pt
Burnley (A) - 0pts
Ipswich (H) - 3pts.
Southampton (H) - 3pts
Sheffield Wed (A) - 1pts

Finish with 14 pts more to see us on 52 and just safe.

Ah, dear Smudger, now you have answered the question twice in your world?!?!  As for "rubbishing  fellow posters"...........pots and kettles.

Luton (A) – 0pts
Barnsley (A) - 0pts
Derby (H) - 1pt
Cardiff (A) - 0pts
Birmingham (H) - 1pt
Stoke (H) - 3pts
Colchester (A) - 1pt
Hull (A) - 0pt
WBA (H) - 0pt
Leicester (A) - 1pt
Burnley (A) - 0pts
Ipswich (H) - 3pts.
Southampton (H) - 1pt
Sheffield Wed (A) - 1pts

12 points I believe, hopefully enough without having to rely on others.

Luton (A) - 3*Barnsley (A) - 3*

Derby (H) - 1Cardiff (A) - 0Birmingham (H) - 0Stoke (H) - 0, if they can still realistically get in playoffs, otherwise 3.Colchester (A) - 1Hull (A) - 1WBA (H) - 0Leicester (A) - 1Burnley (A) - 1, unless one team is safe, then the other one will win.Ipswich (H) - 3, unless we''re safe and thier not then 0.Southampton (H) - 0, if they can still get in playoffs, otherwise 3.Sheffield Wed (A) - 1, 3 if we''re not yet safe and they are.  (If its us or Leeds/Barnsley to go down do you really think they''ll try very hard?)

Finish with 13(+) pts more to see us on 51(+) and safe. Although the league table will have an amazing difference on the last 4 matches, due to motivation levels.

*I think we will actually get 4pts from the next 2 games, but would go

for a win in both predicting seperately. (if this makes sense)

The form of Ipswich will help decide our fate as well.If Ipswich can avoid getting beaten (Will be hard cause they havent scored from open play in over 10hrs of football) in their next few games vs QPR(H) ,Hull(A) and Southend(H) it will stop any of these teams catching us up.Also i think alot of the  teams below us have  to play each other quite a bit.Looking at the fixtures coming up though if we dont get at  least 3pts in total from the next 2 games we will be relying on the results of other teams for us to avoid dropping into the bottom 3 come the weeks when we play Derby,Cardiff,Birmingham,Stoke and Colchester cause we wont get many points from those games.

So many people seem to think that we will beat Ipswich when we all know the way we have played against them in recent matches.  Not just losing, but losing badly, without any effort, determination, in truth, no one really turned up for us.  It could turn out to be the most important game of the season for the both of us.  Hopefully it will be 3 points for us to send them down.  this season has been bad enough without them doing the inthinkable to us again, ant leaving us in a precarious position.  If we play like we have against Wolves, Leeds, Chelsea and for some of the match against Preston, we shouldn''t even have to worry about relegation come late April.  But, thinking about how badly we have played for 75% of this season, I don''t know if that is very realistic.  I am a born pessimist, and they say we are never dissappointed, maybe i''m not entirely dissappointed by it, but it is driving me mad. 

Impossible to predict individual games as we are just as likely to win the harder games as lose the easier ones.

We should however be good enough to get between 12 and 14 points.

Luton (A) - 1 pt
Barnsley (A) - 0 pts
Derby (H) - 0 pts
Cardiff (A) - 1pt

Birmingham (H) - 3 pts
Stoke (H) - 0pts
Colchester (A) - 0pts
Hull (A) - 0pt
WBA (H) - 0pt
Leicester (A) - 1pt
Burnley (A) - 0pts
Ipswich (H) - 3pts.
Southampton (H) - 0pts
Sheffield Wed (A) - 1pts

10 points! we''d have to hope for a miracle!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Luton (A) - 1 pt
Barnsley (A) - 0 pts
Derby (H) - 0 pts
Cardiff (A) - 1pt

Birmingham (H) - 3 pts
Stoke (H) - 0pts
Colchester (A) - 0pts
Hull (A) - 0pt
WBA (H) - 0pt
Leicester (A) - 1pt
Burnley (A) - 0pts
Ipswich (H) - 3pts.
Southampton (H) - 0pts
Sheffield Wed (A) - 1pts

10 points! we''d have to hope for a miracle!

jas :)

[/quote]

Thank God... somebody with some sanity at last!!!

As is often the case...it will be more due to those around us than what we do ourselves. I reckon we''ll come just above Southend and Leeds....and either us or Barnsley go down.........

We lack guts and that''s what it takes to get out of a relegation scrap.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

As is often the case...it will be more due to those around us than what we do ourselves. I reckon we''ll come just above Southend and Leeds....and either us or Barnsley go down.........

We lack guts and that''s what it takes to get out of a relegation scrap.

[/quote]

Exactly, Cluck. We have probably 2 players who would be up for a relegation battle. Sadly, you need everyone to be up for the fight.

This squad just doesn''t have the stomach for it, and I can guarantee that if we get sucked into that bottom 3, we won''t get out.

Luton Town (a) L0-2 Barnsley (a) D1-1Derby County (h) W1-0Cardiff City (a) L1-2Birmingham City (h) L0-1Stoke City (h) D0-0Colchester United (a) L1-3Hull City (a) D1-1West Bromwich Albion (h) L2-3Leicester City (a) D1-1Burnley (a) W2-1Ipswich Town (h) W3-1Southampton (h) D2-2Sheffield Wednesday (a) L0-1Giving us a total of 52, which''ll leave us 16th or 17th, and six or seven points clear of the bottom three. Oh, and jas: even if we end up on only 48, we''ll probably be ok anyway: I''ve just had a go at the BBC predictor, guessed the scores of all the remaining games this season, and have a veritable log jam of clubs on 45, 46 or 47 points (a group containing Burnley, who are in total freefall, and have even more to worry about than either ourselves or the binners). For what it''s worth, I had Barnsley, QPR and Southend (the latter two way adrift) going down, with WBA and Brum (holding off Preston on GD after a draw at Deepdale on the final day: what a game that''ll be!) going up, with Southampton through the play-offs (beating poor old Sunderland on penalties).

[quote user="Shaun Lawson"]Luton Town (a) L0-2
Barnsley (a) D1-1
Derby County (h) W1-0
Cardiff City (a) L1-2
Birmingham City (h) L0-1
Stoke City (h) D0-0
Colchester United (a) L1-3
Hull City (a) D1-1
West Bromwich Albion (h) L2-3
Leicester City (a) D1-1
Burnley (a) W2-1
Ipswich Town (h) W3-1
Southampton (h) D2-2
Sheffield Wednesday (a) L0-1

Giving us a total of 52, which''ll leave us 16th or 17th, and six or seven points clear of the bottom three. Oh, and jas: even if we end up on only 48, we''ll probably be ok anyway: I''ve just had a go at the BBC predictor, guessed the scores of all the remaining games this season, and have a veritable log jam of clubs on 45, 46 or 47 points (a group containing Burnley, who are in total freefall, and have even more to worry about than either ourselves or the binners). For what it''s worth, I had Barnsley, QPR and Southend (the latter two way adrift) going down, with WBA and Brum (holding off Preston on GD after a draw at Deepdale on the final day: what a game that''ll be!) going up, with Southampton through the play-offs (beating poor old Sunderland on penalties).

[/quote]

Did you have us finishing above piswich on BBC predictor Shaun? I did.

[quote user="Fozzy"]

Luton D 1 point

Barnsley W 3 pointd

Derby (H) L

Cardiff  L

Birmingham (H) D 1 point

Stoke (H) W 3 points

Colchester D 1 point

Hull D 1 point

West Brom (H) L

Leicester L

Burnley D 1 point

Southampton L

[/quote]

Well, my predictions are still on, but I would prefer 3 points at Barnsley as well!!!!

[quote user="Fozzy"][quote user="Fozzy"]

Luton D 1 point

Barnsley W 3 pointd

Derby (H) L

Cardiff  L

Birmingham (H) D 1 point

Stoke (H) W 3 points

Colchester D 1 point

Hull D 1 point

West Brom (H) L

Leicester L

Burnley D 1 point

Southampton L

[/quote]

Well, my predictions are still on, but I would prefer 3 points at Barnsley as well!!!!

[/quote]

?...

[quote user="Fozzy"][quote user="Fozzy"]

Luton D 1 point

[/quote]

[/quote]ey? You got the very first one wrong, so how does that work ;-)

[quote user="Fozzy"]

With 14 games to go and a maximum haul of 42 points, where do we think the points will come from?  We have only 6 homes games vs 8 away games.  From 32 games so far we''ve only managed 38 points (1 point avg per game), so will an average of 1 point per game for the remaining 14 games be enough?, I''m not sure - 52 points, maybe, maybe not. 

I don''t think we can be more optimistic than another 15 points against the remaining 14 opposition, below is my effort to predict whether we''ll win, loose or draw these games and I have to say I can''t see up getting more than 15 points.

What do other reckon?  Will 53 points be enough to ensure safety and be able to obtain our status on Championship and build for next season??

Luton D 1 point

Barnsley W 3 pointd

Derby (H) L

Cardiff  L

Birmingham (H) D 1 point

Stoke (H) W 3 points

Colchester D 1 point

Hull D 1 point

West Brom (H) L

Leicester L

Burnley D 1 point

Southampton L

[/quote]

The points will come from exactly the same place they''ve come from since PG delved in the transfer window...THE PLAYERS.

Cluck wrote "We lack guts and that''s what it takes to get out of a relegation scrap."

I think you are completely wrong on this one Cluck. We lack a lot of the essentials at the moment but I think that one thing Grant has done is to have given us the character to come back from behind - something which was terribly badly lacking under Worthington. The main problem is the monotonous regularity with which we have to come from behind, due to our defensive and goalkeeping failings. But I think we definitely have guts!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="N4 Canary"]

Fozzy,

Luton   1 Point

Barnsley 1 Point

Derby  1 Point

Cardiff  Loss

Stoke 3 points

Colchester 1  point

Hull 3 Points

WBA 1 Point

Leicester 1 Point

Ipswich 1 point

Southampton Loss

Sheff W 1 Point

[/quote]

Most realistic post on this thread from those that have tried to predict our remaining results so far...

I think we would be lucky to get anything from the game at Hull though and would dfinetly settle for a point if offered it right now!!!

For what it''s worth then I will go...

Luton  D  1 point

Barnsley  Loss

Derby  Loss

Cardiff  Loss

Birmingham D  1 point

Stoke  W 3 points

Colchester  Loss

Hull  Loss

WBA  D 1 point

Leicester  Loss

Burnley  D 1 point

Ipswich  D 1 point

Southampton  Loss

Sheff Weds  D 1 point

So 9 points + 38 = 47 points... Will that be enough (maybe but only by the skin of our teeth).

[/quote]

This guy displays his football knowledge all over this thread.