Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

First Match

I have vague memories of being taken to a game by my Dad in the 80''s, but that''s all I can remember. My first ''proper'' game was the 2-2 home draw against Arsenal in 1990. I remember getting there hours before the kick off to get a place at the front of the Barclay, and it was bloody boiling that day!

The first Norwich match i went to was against Arsenal in 1976,i  got dragged up to Carrow Road by my Uncle and we sat in the south stand! We won 3-1 that day and i was only 7 yrs old at the time and i remember that in the programme they said that the next match was Red Star Belgrade at home(can anyone remember that match?)and also recall the open river end with the little blue chariots in the corners!

I think someone posted some highlights on youtube for that particular arsenal game but i was slightly annoyed  to hear the commentator say Arsenal were missing key players that day but it takes nothing away from my memories of that day!

[quote user="Strawberry"]

There was an occasional poster on here the other day who started going in 1947.  Can''t remember his name unfortunately.

Step forward sir and claim your £5!

[/quote]

I first went in ''58 ...................can I have 2 quid?  [;)]