Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Prediction League - an idea

I was thinking of reducing the league after 10 games to those that are regular predictors (is that a word?) just to make my life easier and to make the page and table look better. I was only thinking of removing those that haven''t predicted for over a month now, and I will save the table elsewhere before modifying it in case any make a surprise re-appearance.

If you think this is a bad idea then let me know and I''ll keep the table as huge as it is and will just groan and mumble lots when next I update it.

Your thoughts/opinions/praise/insults are most welcome...

i think that is a good idea,well done for doing so well on it all though too
i also think for next season,if we are being realistic we arent going to win many games.therefore a system where we get points for guessing scorers osnt going to work to well for we arent going to score nearly as many goals - prehaps a system that gives more points to the correct score or outcome would be better

You are correct. A couple of people said a draw and those that went for a Palace win got the score wrong. Makes my job easier anyway!

Good idea Peter except it will move me nearer the bottom. By the way ''Predictor'' is a word. I think you will find its a DIY pregnancy test!

Really? And there was me thinking me being ill in the morning was down to drinking too much the night before...

thats what i mean peter - if we are losing more often then we will score fewer points
anyway,you have my vote for top moderator

Yeah, take me off the list. I am too stupid to remember to submit my prediction on time, and the predictions I was going to make were all completely wrong - EXCEPT this weekend, believe it or not, i thought it would be one nil. But I was going to go for Shipperly scoring in the second half, so I would hardly have shot up the table anyway.

Hi Peter,

You do as you please as far as I''m concerned if you are prepared to run it. One suggestion for next season, You can only score points if you predict the outcome of the game Ie if you predict Mulryne to score in a 1-2 defeat and Mulryne scores but in a 1-0 win you get no points. What do you think? Then you get 2 points for the correct outcome and 5 for the correct score.

Just an Idea.

We''ll sort out a scoring system for next season during the summer with the techies when hopefully it''ll be automated (there''s no way I''ll continue to do it if it has to be done manually).

Dont blame you Pete, I run the Canary Challenge for NCISA and having finally got it automated some bright spark at last months committee meeting suggested predicting the outcome of all four divisions next season,as if we went up the Premier league would be too easy to predict.. He almost ended up as a suprano.