Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wanderer

I was really excited tonight

At last I thought tonight Norwich are back, and now after 1 hour I''m not so sure.

Great signings, Good back room boys, but wots going on on the pitch.

Come on you yellows !!!!

It sounds like Lappin and Fotheringham really do make a difference. Mind you, we''ve woken up in the last few minutes (touch wood).

[quote user="The Smudger"]

Gunny''s back - a real City legend.

Marshall to sort out G keeping problem, Lappin and Fotherington in and Robinson gone.

What more to you want

[/quote]

A striker?

Pretty much a whole new defence???

Will admit that Marshall appears to be doing a good job.

No Lappin or Fotheringham tonight though is there and the dury is still very much out on them in my opinion...  one OK game against an injury ravaged Leeds team does not make these two great players...

Let''s see how they get on against the Derby''s, Birmingham''s, West Brom''s and Southampton''s before we start judging players shall we???

[quote user="Smudger"]

No Lappin or Fotheringham tonight though is there and the dury is still very much out on them in my opinion...  one OK game against an injury ravaged Leeds team does not make these two great players...

Let''s see how they get on against the Derby''s, Birmingham''s, West Brom''s and Southampton''s before we start judging players shall we???

[/quote]

This cuts both ways: if people aren''t allowed to ''big up'' players then perhaps you should lay off belittling them as well. 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The Smudger"]

Marshall to sort out G keeping problem, Lappin and Fotherington in and Robinson gone.

What more to you want

[/quote]

A striker?

Pretty much a whole new defence???

Will admit that Marshall appears to be doing a good job.

[/quote]

You really have lost it! Even though Marshall has kept us in recent games with a string of really good saves you "admit Marshall appears to be doing a good job".

As for injury ravaged Leeds - can''t say that we are without injuries can you? We had Shackell and Earnshaw missing. They were missing Flo who only just signed for them and a couple of others. Pretty balanced in the way of injuries if you ask me.

Different opposition tonight, they had absolutely nothing to loose and Norwich knew that. The problem lies at centre back. Shackell is uncertain of who he plays alongside because it has changed so freaquently. I don''t think Dublins best position is there although he does a better job there than anyone else we have.

The summer must be the time for getting in some good centre backs and defencive cover. I am happy with Colin and Drury - the latter started the season off slowly following on from last season but has really picked things up since Grant has arrived. I expect things  to change more over the coming months as the new players bed down and the ones already here get used to the roles they are being asked to fill.

Smudger you need to get real, you can''t blame Robinson anymore he is gone, not that you ever saw him play more than maybe a match or two, and you can''t really blame Hughes because he is rarely in the starting line up and when he is he is out of position and does a good job.

Its interesting that you now come on here and again say that all our players are crap. Its a step back from suggesting which ones they may be!

[quote user="The Smudger"]

What more to you want

[/quote]

Personally I thought Marshall was poor tonight. I don''t think he looked too interested at all.

Too right Branston. I thought Lappin and Fotheringham seemed to infuse the team against Leeds with a bit more bite, energy and drive- OK we had to come from behind but overall we were so much the better side it that with Earnie we would probably have buried them (also with Wolves without those two new guys).

We really need a new centre back on loan though and some temporary cover for Earnie as I can''t see Brown or Martin scoring by the bucket load. A new CB would allow DD to go up front and hold the ball up much better.