Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Help with parking

Parking near the ground is difficult during a match as restrictions come into force. Travel by tube is highly advised; Fulham Broadway is the nearest station and is on the District Line. ( make sure you have plenty of change)

Car Parking

Parking is residents only  within a half-a-mile radius of the ground on but is available in surrounding streets further out if you are prepared for a walk. 
Parking restrictions during the game make it advisable to travel by tube. Limited on-site matchday underground parking is available -roughly £20 per car with no entry after 2.00pm

By Train
Fulham Broadway is on the District Line, approx 5 minutes walk. Turn left out of station and ground is on the left hand side.

By Bus
Numbers 14 (towards Tottenham Court Road) and 211 (towards Hammersmith) go along Fulham Road.

When I went to Chelsea last year I parked at Newbury Park tube station, which cost £2 all day. I got a zone 4 travel card for £5.70 which gets you there and back.

The ground is a short distance from the station. Parking anywhere near the ground would be very expensive if you could find a space.

i always find that its often best to park at redbridge tube station (central line), which is at the bottom of the M11/A12  junction, should only take you about 1hour 45 to drive there from norwich. just follow the m11 in and turn off when you see the sign saying a12/city, just keep in the left hand lane at all times and you will come to a large roundabout under a flyover with the station 2nd exit and the carpark just behind it     

you can park there all day for £3, its safe and has an attendant there.

down side it is probably the best part of 45 mins to fulham b/way on the tube from there but it would probably be that, if not more trying to drive to west london especially if you are not familar with the route, 

u wont be able to park anywhere in Central london withput paying a fee or needing a permit.. my advice.. park in a suberb like Harrow/ Walthamstow/Watford etc and train or Tube in. Harrow might be a good bet actually... isnt it on the same tube line?

jas :)

i would give Watford a miss for parking if your car has any Norwich stickers on it just a few of them blue and white types might be about

You might want to drive into the Victoria area...as it is quite quiet on a saturday away from shopping areas and many of the parking meters and single yellow lines are not in operation. The area  to the west of Victoria St near the Home Office building in Marsham St is good. Then its 5 mins walk to either St James park, Victoria or Westminster and you are on the District line and just a half dozen stops from Fulham Broadway (20 mins). Good luck ...hope to join you if we get our tickets in the ballot..

[quote user="Scooby"]Any idea where i can park for match at Chelsea?  I dont mind getting a tube once i have parked[/quote]Its times like this when I perfer to use the offical club transport (its cheapest) or even the train!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

u wont be able to park anywhere in Central london withput paying a fee or needing a permit.. my advice.. park in a suberb like Harrow/ Walthamstow/Watford etc and train or Tube in. Harrow might be a good bet actually... isnt it on the same tube line?

jas :)

[/quote]

No Harrow''s on the Met, Its a good 90 mins anyway to Fulham Broadway from there, especially with reduced service this saturday due to engineering works, not to mention all the parking there is annual tickets only, and if you park in my staff only space I''ll have you towed...Watford station (met) is shut this weekend...personally I''d head for Hatton Cross, just off the M25, lots of parking and its and easy tube ride in.

There''s big car park at Cockfosters at the end of the Picadilly line. Very easy to get to from M25 northern section. you can park there and get that line all the way to Earl''s Court and change to the District. I''ve been to Chelsea and that area is just horrendous for parking. Alternatively Putney Heath by the Green Man has some roads you can park down and the No14 bus from there goes straight past the ground (but its a long drive round the M25 then M4 and over Hammersmith bridge to get to SW London).