Sign in to follow this  
Gromitt

Good to see Colin's mind games have worked to full benefit.

Sheff Utd 1 Derby 1

Thats another game gone for them which they haven''t exploited to it''s full advantage. need I say more.

Yes the blokes a prat.

Shame Stoke got beat. a defeat might have them fired up a bit more Sat.

You might be right about Stoke, Gromitt, but they apparently pretty much dominated the game and still lost 2-0, so I suppose it''s possible that the result may deflate them a bit. (Wishful thinking on my part, perhaps). Still, the ex-Norwich lads will have every reason to try to prove something here, so they''ll be more up for it than most, I guess. (Still not sure whether to forgive Darel Russell for cutting me up at the Notcutts roundabout last year! Perhaps I will if he scores another o.g. on Saturday).

I think the Stoke match will be a tough game, but a lot may depend on how they feel about their playoff chances. Personally I think they are now looking pretty slim - lose on Saturday and its pretty much season over for them. That could either spur them on, and as susie says Darel and Ade will be up for it, or if they think already they have no chance its pretty much a game to nothing for them.

Its a match we can win. Its the right frame of mind and approach from everyone which are key.

I was shocked to see that Nigel was yet again unhappy about about a referee''s decision that turned the game, just when they were about to stick another 3 past Derby too, no doubt. I suggest if the players start to get the jitters they should just stick a picture of Nigel''s bloated, ruddy face up in the changing room and that should work a motivational miracle.

Funny thing is, he''s bleating on about how the penalty was so ''crucial'' and a ''turning point'' in the game, a ''major decision'' that ''really knocked the stuffing out of them''....
It was only an equalising penalty for goodness sake! His players could have knuckled down and tried to get another goal instead of being so disastrously affected by one miserly penalty. If they''ve got no more grit and determination than that they may as well all pack up and go home for the summer now!!

Warnock is the biggest moaning git of a manager. Everything, and I mean everthing, always is against the Blades. Even when they are hacking lumps out of the opposition, they are angels in Warnock''s eyes.
Too true about the equalising penalty - they still had plenty of time to turn things around.
I for one would be pleased to see his team not in the play offs but they probably will be - just a mini shame we will not be there to see him moaning and groaning even more!!!!!!!

Great article about what is needed to get promotion - 5 wins and we are there or maybe even 4 and a couple of draws. Let''s get the ball rolling again on Saturday.

A1 - you''re right - sheff utd should have been able to come back and get another goal, especially at home. warnock is lusing poor decisions as a scapegoat for his team''s faltering performances.

As for the Stoke game - I think city must win it or their confidence will shatter and other teams will smell blood and kill us off.

If you were a professional player what would you rather have?. A Nigel Worthington calmly drinking from a water bottle in the dug out, or a demonic moron called Colin Warnock, jumping up and down swearing at you, well in fact at everyone?. Quite easy ain''t it?.