Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

WHAT IS AN ACCEPTABLE RESULT AGAINST CHELSEA?

[quote user="Canary02"]

Grant needs to focus the players on the positives.

Hucks, in the form he''s in at the moment, can unpick any defence anywhere. All defenders hate pace and Terry isn''t the quickest anyway.

Dublin, whether at centre half or striker is imperious, and if a ball comes into the box, he''ll always win it in the air, over any player Chelsea have.

Marshall is a solid keeper and they''ll have to create some good opportunities to beat him.

Safri can unlock a defence with one pass.

We''ll probably still get tonked if Chelsea find any form, but there are areas on that pitch where we hold an advantage. (i.e. the first two examples above). With luck on our side we have the potential to at least worry them.

[/quote]

I''d have to agree with that, but just remember it can all be undone with a little bit of Dickson''s lazyness.

Having said that, I haven''t found an interview with Doc saying he''s out for revenge this week so i''m quite positive about upsetting Chelsea.

[quote user="percyvarco"]No matter what we must play 4-4-2[/quote]agree percy, since leeds first half, i believe grant has binned 4-5-1, 4-3-3 whatever it is.  he and duffy will keep it simple - good ole 4-4-2. 

[quote user="Grumpy "]

That t***** Hanson will still be unable to give any credit.

[/quote]

Yep, and no doubt him and Lawro will find some way to run on about how great Liverpool are.....

After we brushed aside the Eiffel tower pretenders, with a more than convincing one foot off the gas and freewheelin'' downhill with the ignition turned off performance - that actually, kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole duration of the feast of veritable football........I personally, will only accept a bare minimum of a 4-0 victory against the Suvvern Soviet Scaramouching Scrimshanking Sedentary Soidisant Soccer Squad........Anything less, will not be acceptable - and therefore, Grant and the squad should be shown the door.

And, if we only win by a narrow scoreline, the £300,000 cut from the game - should be given to the board so they can drown their sorrows with rather expensive (quality) Champagne, Hordey Herves, A la Carter grub, Ferrari Rocker chocolates - and a chartered private jet back to Norwich.........They do deserve it. Bless ''em. 

As most seem to agree, it''s the performance that matters, rather than the actual result.

However, I do think Norwich may have a surprisingly good chance - in fact it''s "surprise" that may tip it. I feel that the main advantage lower placed teams have in the cup is that the higher teams haven''t played them before, or know what to expect from their style of football. If NCFC can play with the same attitude as, for example, Blackpool last night, then it could be mighty interesting. It should certainly make for a bloody good game.