Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

It's that time of year again- Who's your player of the season?

I see that voting has started for the player of the year. After the best season we''ve had in over a decade we''ve got plenty of candidates. Here''s a run through of some of the contenders:

Robert Green- Another magnificent season in goal. Mistakes few and far between. Some excellent saves. A very solid season.

Adam Drury- Last year''s winner has had a much quieter year this year. Is this because our expecations are very high after last year? Maybe his thoughts have been elsewhere with his captancy? Who knows. Maybe not as solid as last year but still has had a good season.

Craig Fleming- A real contender here. Very likely his best ever season at Carrow Road. Unbelievably solid, hardly any mistakes. One of the best defenders in the league.

Marc Edworthy- A possible outsider for 3rd. A summer signing who everyone was a bit surprised and not overly enthusiastic about. Steady Eddie has had a very successful season at right back, not letting Briggs getting a look in at all. Well done Eddie.

Gary Holt- Again a very real contender. Superb all season in the middle of the park. Three lungs was back to his best after a quieter season last year. Winning everything in the middle and battling until the final whistle. Quite possibly his best season at Carrow road too.

Darren Huckerby- What can I say? An amazing player. I think it''s fair to say that Huckerby is the most talented and skillful player to pull on a Norwich shirt for some years. His goals pace, skill, flair and confidence have helped us rocket up the table. If Hucks does win, a lot of credit will have to go to Nige and the board for bringing him here in the first place. An amzing player.

I have obviously left out some of our regulars in that list- Mackay, Francis and McVeigh have been prominant throughout the season. However, I don''t think all have shown the consistancy that the others mentioned have.

For me it has got to be:

1st Huckerby
2nd Fleming
3rd Holt

I know a lot of people want Flem to win it but i just don''t think we would be where we are without the flair of the Huck. A quite exceptional player who we could only dream about in the summer. Don''t get me wrong Flem has been outstanding, but Hucks has been awsome, truely awsome.

Incidently, we appear to be one of the few clubs who don''t have a Youth player award. Hendo would win this hands down for me. At times inconsistant but has moved on incredibly from the player we saw at the end of last season.

Your thoughts?

Fleming. Can''t really explain why, but I think he deserves it not just for this season but for all the seasons of un-noticed hard work that he''s given to the club.

I think it''s still absolutely wide open. Almost any of the players you mentioned could stake a claim by being a hero over the next nine matches. And they could blow it by becoming a villain. Let''s reconvene when the hurly-burly''s done, when the battle''s lost and won.

If we get promotion I''d like to give it to every player that has played a part in the season.

Knowing that isn''t really an option, in my heart I''d like it to go to Flem, but in my head i''m pretty sure it will go to Hucks.

Hucks will deservedly win loads of the end of season awards, so I really hope enough people will recognise what a rock Flem has been and vote him for POS.

I think any of the following would be worthy winners

Green, Edworthy, Mckay, Fleming, Holt, Francis, Huckerby, Crouch.

But my list has to be as follows

3 Green
2 Holt
1 Huckerby

I would like to see it go to Holt at this stage of the season - the amount of effort he puts in is sensational and he even scored this season!

But who knows what will happen from now until the end of the season? Someone could emerge as the hero of the hour.

If the season ended today i would say......

1st Flemmimg
2nd Holt
3rd Huckerby

But, i really feel at this stage of the season the opportunity is there for anyone to to really turn on the style and impress the fans. As an example my mate from sheffield reckons new boy Andy Gray is already the favourite for player of the season at sheffield united after only playing about 6 games. Kevin Cooper anyone?

Yep.me too

1)Flem....always 100%,not really had a bad game.
2)Hucks....complete magic from the man at times.
3)Holt....another 100% man,honest at what he does.