Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

A slice of half a million?

That''s what Sky Sports reckoned the Chelsea tie will be worth to us.

But I''m sure I heard our Chairman (or Archant) talking about 250-340,000 pounds.

Who do you think is nearer? All I will say is that Sky certainly know about money, but as for our lot........? 

According to Archant, Munby said that any money gained from the cup run will go into ''a big pot'' that Grant could be entitled to a slice of.

Now, questions.

Any money gained. Is there a doubt?

Could is conditional as opposed to would. Why hedge?

A slice of would certainly be less than a quarter (if we use the analogy of a cake). Where would the rest go if not to Grant & the football department?                                                                                         

Slaphappy at best, spin at worst.

Anybody agree, or do I expect too much?

OTBC

P.S. The mind boggles at trying to imagine Munby presenting Grant with a slice from a big pot!

With regard to the amount of money we actually receive, it''s a percentage (45%?) of the gate, so it will depend on how many tickets Chelsea sell to home supporters. I guess it could be £500K if it''s a sell out, but it sounds like they''re being unduly cautious.

The rest of Munby''s comments certainly strike me as being a bit odd.

*sigh* Talk about a story of nothing. The "big pot" is the entire budget and the "slice" is the usual transfer allotment. So - Peter Grant is being given some money, from some earnt to buy players at the end of the season.... it''s hardly news at all!

Doncaster says in his article that it will make us around the 500k mark. As usual it is followed with the fact that it wont make any difference as we have all these bills blah blah!!!

Heard David Sullivan was looking to get out of Birmingham and invest somewhere else, I would be up for that here!

I had to laugh at the term "a big pot" as though they are talking large sums of money. "A tin can" or "a cloth hat" would be more apt descriptions.

Farrrrrrr too honest and realistic BlyBly.

It''s just more money in the "debt" pot....and the team side of things won''t get a sniff.