Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Brown. all bubble.. no squeek

showed some good touches but appears incapable of actually going for goal! also, he allowed Michael Jackson (Sh''mon! hee hee!) a free header for Blackpools first goal last night.

He had 2 guilt edged chances to score with his head and flicked it sideways to a blackpool player every time instead of heading for goal... it was an ideal chance for him to break his duck last night... and he didnt... No end product im afraid.

im starting to doubt his abilities at this level

jas :)

I disagree, thought he worked hard, showed some nice touches, held the ball up well and was much improved from his last game.

Also despite being battered, fouled loads of times and nearly had the shirt pulled off his back I didnt see him moan to the ref once, so he has a goos calm temperament which I liked.

Lets give him a bit more time please.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

showed some good touches but appears incapable of actually going for goal! also, he allowed Michael Jackson (Sh''mon! hee hee!) a free header for Blackpools first goal last night.

He had 2 guilt edged chances to score with his head and flicked it sideways to a blackpool player every time instead of heading for goal... it was an ideal chance for him to break his duck last night... and he didnt... No end product im afraid.

[/quote]Give him a chance he has only just started his Norwich career ,remember Iwan also had  slow start but look how he turned out.

Its still early doors for him, but he didnt look like scoring yesterday, in fact I don''t even remember a shot.  His first touch was quite poor buthe link play fairly well and was more involved than say a Ryan Jarvis has been when picked.

Still too early to judge. [:|]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I was in the Barclay End so didnt''s see too clearly what happened with their first goal, but it looked to me as though Etuhu could have been at fault.

I thought Chris Brown had a good game last night. I thought he was mobile and strong but a bit isolated until Martin came on. I have seen enough to be impressed so far.

Many people don''t like this type of player though, just look at the stick Iwan used to get.

It really doesn''t matter who scores the goals as long as they are scored!

Wow! Big Suprise! Chris Brown isn''t the next Alan Shearer and therefore isn''t good enough for us (!)

Sorry but what did you expect? We signed him for pittance from Sunderland!!!!

I think he worked his socks off last night, I was really pleased with him. With Earnie out we are going to struggle for goals and I''d much rather see him playing than McVeigh or Thorne or Jarvis.

Brown and Martin up front on Saturday please!

stop being so negative everyone!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]Told you he was utter c**p!!!![/quote]

Like something else Smudge that''s a little premature! He''s only had 2 and a half outings or something, and the general consensus seems to be that he''s got good technique and gives a 100%, inevitably the goals will come! That goes for you aswell Jas, give the bloke a chance for chris'' sakes!.

[quote user="Alex"]

Like something else Smudge that''s a little premature! He''s only had 2 and a half outings or something, and the general consensus seems to be that he''s got good technique and gives a 100%, inevitably the goals will come! That goes for you aswell Jas, give the bloke a chance for chris'' sakes!.

[/quote]

thing is though they are simple chances and Brown isnt even going for goal. As a striker surely its instinctive to go for goal with every chance u get.. instead he was heading it back sideways (towards the edge of the box) from 8 yards when he sould of buried them. I wouldnt say he was utter crap just yet, but i havent seen any difference between him and thorne thus far.. thorne has had some good games for us with nice touches and good linkup play and yet he hasnt scored so everyone says he is crap... Give brown a few more games and 0 goals and i feel one or 2 more might be saying the same about him.. regardless how well he plays.

Lol, if u lot did go to the game you know nothing about football then. The boy played pretty well, he had a good touch and held the ball up well.

Stop judging people after a couple of game, get behind ur team and stop being soo fickle.

I am with Jas. I think he holds the ball up well and he showed some nice touches but for me he is lightweight, you could argue he was fouled once or twice but overal I felt for a big guy he gets knocked off the ball far to easily and does not dominate in the air.

And that quote is based on you seeing him play how many times Smidgy ?

Yeah, I thought so.

More than unfair since you weren''t at the game Smudge.

Having sat thru the entire 120 minutes I can asure you that he had a fine game, continually holding up the ball well and setting Hux or Croft away. The only way the Blackpool defence could stop him was by giving away free kicks.

I too thought that he was a poor addition to the squad when Grant bought him. I have now revised this on the evidence of my own eyes. Something you should due before leaping to disparaging remarks.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

thing is though they are simple chances and Brown isnt even going for goal. As a striker surely its instinctive to go for goal with every chance u get.. instead he was heading it back sideways (towards the edge of the box) from 8 yards when he sould of buried them. I wouldnt say he was utter crap just yet, but i havent seen any difference between him and thorne thus far.. thorne has had some good games for us with nice touches and good linkup play and yet he hasnt scored so everyone says he is crap... Give brown a few more games and 0 goals and i feel one or 2 more might be saying the same about him.. regardless how well he plays.

[/quote]

That''s my point entirely Jas, that at the moment he''s minutes into his NCFC career...However, if he''s played 10 full games and keeps hitting the corner flag then we can be concerned!. I don''t like to single out Smudge, but to call Brown ''utter crap'' is laughable! Smudge nor I have seen him play yet so we have to base our knowledge on what you Jas or other posters say, plus listening to the radio. Again, general consensus from here/radio/reports is he''s committed and lively and sounds technically adept...On that basis I would have to say that Smudge is only looking for a reaction from the more ''positive'' Canary supporter, I can''t otherwise see a feasible reason for his post!. OTBC.

i thought brown played well last night.

as others have said he held the ball up well , and brought others in to the game.

some say he''s crap. which he isnt, but he cost 200 grand not 2 mill so dont expect to much

Smudger wrote

Told you he was utter c**p!!!!

I am championing Brown but like you Smudger I didn''t see the game so am guided by the balanced comments from others who did. Your comment just illustrates your primary interest which is to do the Club and all of it''s players down.

Crouch at Liverpool didn''t score in the first few games, so lets not get too dispondent about the man Brown...

Oh and Smudger, like me you weren''t at the game, so how come you can say Brown''s utter c**p? You''ve not seen first hand have you?

As I''ve mentioned elsewhere I thought he was excellent last night.

I''m quite looking forward to him partnering Earnie upfront, me thinks that could be a very exciting partnership.

To be honest i dont think we looked like scoring for long periods of the game....then enter Hux. Again we had the possession but struggled to hurt them.

In my opinion Brown was good. His hold up play was impressive (the midfield let him down by not being up with play) his workrate was good and he looked better up top with Martin. When Hux was there i felt he was left on his own as DH went looking for the ball.

I think at best he will get 10/12 goals a season. He is not gonna get alot of goals. But place Earnie alongside him and Brown''s real benefit will be evident as he will get Earnie chances.He is a battler someone with the heart and passion to get us out of this league.

I for one wont right him off. He was battered from pillar to post last night.

My last thought is: Your only as good as the service you get. PLEASE bring in a creative midfielder who can penetrate and create!!

Just got in and thought I`d have a look at the board, cant seriously believe I am reading this Smudger, I dont know if you were ther last night or if you were out buying more cheese, but for me Brown had a very good game, particularly first half, he won lots of ball but the problem was with the formation. Hucks will not play off a big striker, he needs ball at feet running at defenders which he`s fantastic at. So last night there nobody playing off Brown, Saf or Ethu should have been coming forward but there was nothing there. Brown is a really good player.

I rang in and told Neal Adams last night on Canary Call and he agreed with me so there!     I must be right mustn`t I......................................Oh Dear, have I said the wrong thing??????????????

How does the saying go Brown had the ''touch of a rapist''.  He got involved a lot, but we didnt see much quality from him.  You can see how he only scored once in 13 games for Hull last season.

I''m sure he will score a few once the first goes in.  I doubt he will ever set this league on fire however.

Covered load of ground ran his socks of never stop battling all night. Never looked like scoring never won one critical header to set up a chance and looked one paced. Am I slating the lad. No far from it. I''m telling it as I saw it.

[quote user="GJP"]

As I''ve mentioned elsewhere I thought he was excellent last night.

I''m quite looking forward to him partnering Earnie upfront, me thinks that could be a very exciting partnership.

[/quote]

I''d rather look forward to him partnering Martin up front. They can both hold the ball up, head the ball and pass. They will score goals and allow others to score. Every time Earnie gets the ball played to him anywhere outside the box he falls over.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Smudger wrote

I am championing Brown but like you Smudger I didn''t see the game so am guided by the balanced comments from others who did. Your comment just illustrates your primary interest which is to do the Club and all of it''s players down.

[/quote]

I think not...

I do not put players down who I think can or are doing a job for us...  I like the look of Marshall even though he is only on loan (and am prepared to eat some humble pie there as he is one player that I did slag off and it was unwarranted)...  I also like Colin, Shackell, Dion (again somebody who I knocked who has done a good job), Hucks, Etuhu (if he wasn''t so inconsistent and lazy), Croft (has done ok), Chadwick and Earnie of course...

Lappin and Fotheringham are unproven as yet (personally I think that only one of them will make the grade)...

Chris Martin is showing lots of promise by all accounts too.

So you see there are a number of players that I have praise for...

That still leaves a large number of players... the Doc, Drury, Hughes, Safri, Thorne, Brown plus at least half of the youth set up that I would want out the door as soon as possible if we could bring replacements in...

I think it has said a lot about our recent set up that Safri is seen as a god by many fans... 

Well I''m sorry but one good performance every 10 matches or so does not represent a quality player to me... if that is all that he can offer a team then maybe he needs to drop down a league.... the way some go on about him you would think he was a Martin Peters, Martin O''Neill, Ian Crook, Andy Townsend or something!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Smudger wrote

[/quote]

I think not...

I do not put players down who I think can or are doing a job for us...  I like the look of Marshall even though he is only on loan (and am prepared to eat some humble pie there as he is one player that I did slag off and it was unwarranted)...  I also like Colin, Shackell, Dion (again somebody who I knocked who has done a good job), Hucks, Etuhu (if he wasn''t so inconsistent and lazy), Croft (has done ok), Chadwick and Earnie of course...

Lappin and Fotheringham are unproven as yet (personally I think that only one of them will make the grade)...

Chris Martin is showing lots of promise by all accounts too.

So you see there are a number of players that I have praise for...

That still leaves a large number of players... the Doc, Drury, Hughes, Safri, Thorne, Brown plus at least half of the youth set up that I would want out the door as soon as possible if we could bring replacements in...

I think it has said a lot about our recent set up that Safri is seen as a god by many fans... 

Well I''m sorry but one good performance every 10 matches or so does not represent a quality player to me... if that is all that he can offer a team then maybe he needs to drop down a league.... the way some go on about him you would think he was a Martin Peters, Martin O''Neill, Ian Crook, Andy Townsend or something!

[/quote]

I think you''re digging yourself deeper with this ''explanation''.

On Fotheringham and Lappin ~ ''Personally I think only one of them will make the grade''. What the hell are you basing that on?!, you don''t go to matches, and they''ve played 1 game for the club. It''s a touch arrogant.

Brown ~ ''1 good game every 10''...Really?? 

Some people should learn not to argue about something they no nothing about

Safri isn''t inconsistent like smearer suggests, he just has a problem - he''s a bit crocked. When he is fully fit he is very very good, he just needs to work at his fitness and athleticism. For me as well, he should consider quitting the international game - club football pays his wages, and he does seem to risk himself serious injury every time he travels with Morocco.

How can you possibly comment, good or bad, on anyone if you don''t see the games? Non-TV media coverage only gives you a bias narrow view of what is happening. You say Martin is showing a lot of promise but all you have to back it up is that you know he scored a plucky goal t''other night.

If you read the BBC report on the Blackpool game they make Huckerby out to be a brutal villain who was lucky to score. Those at the game will agree he only gave what he got, and was technically fantastic when he moved onto the left wing.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some people should have more sense and keep it to themselves.

What an analytical genius Smudger is......

(this is after playing one game for us)

Brown is utter ****
(after playing 2 and a half games)

I presume you havent seen any of these games either.......or is this after trading in your Sunderland season ticket.

Somebody pull up the stats on Iwan''s first season.  Overweight, constantly injured and could not hit a cow''s behind with a small, stringed musical instrument. And he cost 850,000 and that was 10 years ago.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I disagree, thought he worked hard, showed some nice touches, held the ball up well and was much improved from his last game.

Also despite being battered, fouled loads of times and nearly had the shirt pulled off his back I didnt see him moan to the ref once, so he has a goos calm temperament which I liked.

Lets give him a bit more time please.

[/quote]i agree cityangel i thought before the blackpool game it was a bad buy but after the blackpool game i think brown as started to find his feet and to get battered like he did all through the game and keep his cool,i think i would have punch the defender.

i feel now robinson has gone lets pick on brown.

come on city

brown is a battler - reminds me of iwan alot - he could be the type of player who develops slowly, then catches fire and can''t stop scoring.  imo, i''m happy to see how he gets on - we could have a diamond by this time next year - or fools gold - that''s the gamble, we paid £200,000 for him, not £2mif he gets 20 goals next season, he''d be worth £2.i''ve got a feeling he''ll come good in the end.