Sign in to follow this  
1st Wizard

drum for chelsea!

just wandering i know it is annoying for the home fans but the really generate noise and atmosphere, something that will be vital if we are to get a good result at chelsea, you all saw how well blackpool played and i think it is partly due to the atmosphere their support created.

anyway back to the point, would anyone be up for taking a drum to the game? more to the point would we be allowed one in? and finally is it just a northern thing?

answers would be appreciated

[quote user="joshmickelburgh"]

just wandering i know it is annoying for the home fans but the really generate noise and atmosphere, something that will be vital if we are to get a good result at chelsea, you all saw how well blackpool played and i think it is partly due to the atmosphere their support created.

anyway back to the point, would anyone be up for taking a drum to the game? more to the point would we be allowed one in? and finally is it just a northern thing?

answers would be appreciated

[/quote]

I absolutely HATE drums with a passion - they kill all spontanious singing. Awful - absolutely awful. All we need is someone to say "kick it off" - we don''t need a drum.

If you take a drum, and you are anywhere near me, I''ll ram the sticks up your a**e! Promise! :)

just because u hate drums doesnt mean that everyone else h8s them. its up to the people with drums to take em not 1 fan on his own h8in em

I thought the drum was magnificent! It encouraged the Blackpool fans to sing and i think anything to make us sing at the minute would be good as we are very flat!

I think it makes you consistently loud throughout the game and we make US spontaneous in our approach instead of the yell of "Kick it off". Once we had a good array of songs but now we seem boring!!

It seemed to liven them up and it made them one of the loudest bunch to visit us this yr.

Unfortunately this will create noise and support and may even give some people a headache so it wont happen.

If you wanna take one, im with you all the way!

Never mind drums, with our recent influx of management and players, perhaps we should start playing bagpipes......

Drums and bells are actually prohibited.. that Pompey fan doesnt take his bell to away games as far as i know...

if our stewards did their job properly they would of had the drum off that fan on Tuesday

jas :)

as any ''muso'' will tell you, drummers have no musical taste - just an urge to beat the cr@p out of something.

why not give them a whistle too? that''ll help the men in black.

[quote user="salp"]

as any ''muso'' will tell you, drummers have no musical taste - just an urge to beat the cr@p out of something.

[/quote]

Excuse me?...That''s the LAST thing a muso would say. There''s alot more technique to drumming than just ''beating the cr@p out of something''.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Pre 2000, when the band assembled with the exception of 3 lions. what England songs were there? En-ger-land? I dont think there has ever been a steady amount of songs or players songs just a bit of noise.

Bring a drum!

[/quote]

Songs are made up on the spot. Thats how all new songs come about, thats how ALL songs originally came about. You can''t have spontaineous songs that proliferate if their is a drum.

For example - when we last played Chelsea they sang the admittely classic; "We''ve got Abramovich, you''ve got a drunken bitch." Now, if we''d had a drum we''d only be able to clap along in time as an answer or sing some prescribed song.... As it was, a clever bastard (namely my brother - I''m very proud) came up with "We''ve got a super cook, you''ve got a russian crook", and it was great pride the entire Barclay picked up on this and sung it loud and proud - we loved it, even the Chelsea fans appreciated it.

This is what your drum kills - atmosphere, real atmoshere. A drum might be able to spur a bored crowd, great - but it well kill a spontianeous lively crowd. We will have a lively crowd for a cup tie against Chelsea. Bring your drum along to the 5-0 trashings by stoke and I''ll promise NOT to break your sticks, and even clap along as bored, but as noisey as everyone else!

Drums at football matches are horrible, horrible things and should be banned.

They are for cheats who can''t make a proper noise through singing.

And as for the England "band". Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

My blood is boiling at the thought of Norwich support with drums.

Sorry, but it seems to me that the ''real'' atmospher that you speak of is sadly missing at FCR these days

and if it takes a drum to get things going, I''m all in favour.

Part of the problem at matches is that only some areas sing, they are the only ones who know the words and that with a very high population of families at matches we lose 1/3 of the ground who cant possible know the songs.

Blackpool had a drum, simple songs and great atmos. We had...

i''m glad that there is more support than non-support! i don''t actually have a drum I was just wandering if anyone else did, and would they take it? i honestly think the atmosphere at carrow rud this year has been rubbish and as far as im concerned i think it will really give us a better chance of intimidating chelseas overpiad prima donnas like shevchenko and ballack which means more chance of us winning! so who has one? and can we take it?

the following should be banned from all football grounds:

Drums

bells (together with that portsmouth tw*t ringing it)

Trumpets (toether with that porstsmouth tw*t blowing it )

big hats, unles your head actually does go all the way to the end of it

Coloured wigs on adults or children over 5 (what on earth makes people think that these are funny/clever/original, remember they are worn by clowns, nuff said). And you just know that the match of the day cameras will pick out the most "quaint" group of NCFC fans wearing the awful coloured green/yellow ones...........for all the nation to "enjoy/take the p*ss out of (delete as appropriate)

the horns you blow into (especially if you are sitting in my proximity as they are a tuneless banal waste of time)

and above all pointless bl**dy half team scarfes although no doubt there will be many ncfc/chelsea ones bought on saturday (in gods name, why?)

give me good old fashioned singing and banter any day, at least D & E block still make the effort (occassionly)

[quote user="seat124"]

Drums

Coloured wigs on adults or children over 5 (what on earth makes people think that these are funny/clever/original, remember they are worn by clowns, nuff said). And you just know that the match of the day cameras will pick out the most "quaint" group of NCFC fans wearing the awful coloured green/yellow ones...........for all the nation to "enjoy/take the p*ss out of (delete as appropriate)

the horns you blow into (especially if you are sitting in my proximity as they are a tuneless banal waste of time)

and above all pointless bl**dy half team scarfes although no doubt there will be many ncfc/chelsea ones bought on saturday (in gods name, why?)

give me good old fashioned singing and banter any day, at least D & E block still make the effort (occassionly)

[/quote]

You left one out ......................................Smudger

[quote user="ob1"]Why is there no proper singing at England games? Because of that sodding band. Please, please, please don''t be so selfish.[/quote]

Have you ever been to an english game, i was at one of the best ever (Munich), when we beat germany on there home turf 5-1, the band were FANTASTIC, they created massive atmosphere, maybe that doesnt come across on TV, but in the ground, and outside on the march they get the fans really going !!

[quote user="seat124"]

Drums

[/quote]I think u missed FUN out on ur list

[quote user="seat124"]

Drums

[/quote]

You forgot the air horns you get for some reason only at internationals and cup finals.

My nervous system took out it''s own premium private health care after some snotty oik behind me at an England game decided to push the button. Less disturbance would have been caused if President Bush had decided to do the same. Funny thing was the clock was on about 32 minutes and he hadn''t used it so I didn''t know he had it and wasn''t prepared. I persuaded his father to find new lodgings for the said horn. Or, as I went on to explain, I would gladly set up it''s new home somewhere he didn''t like..................I get a little angry sometimes.

drums, bugles, brass band has never done any team good.  blackpool lost remember, sheff wed tumbled from prem to league 1 - imo england never prosper  from  some  geezers  belting out dambusters etc.   pompey should have gone down last year - it was mega buck investment, not the bloody drum that saved them.  ditch the bands i say, and keelhaul the jonahs who play the instruments! i hate the things.

[quote user="rocky marshall"]Sorry, but it seems to me that the ''real'' atmospher that you speak of is sadly missing at FCR these days and if it takes a drum to get things going, I''m all in favour. Part of the problem at matches is that only some areas sing, they are the only ones who know the words and that with a very high population of families at matches we lose 1/3 of the ground who cant possible know the songs. Blackpool had a drum, simple songs and great atmos. We had...[/quote]

Having been there in the good old bad old days (70s and 80s) I can say with some considerable experience that we have a much smaller repetoire of songs nowadays...and maybe some people just get bored with trotting out Y''army...Come on you Yellows...You''re not singing anymore...Who are yah...and worst of all... half baked attempts at singing On the ball City which peter out before the end.

Dont blame it on families, I''ve taught my lot the whole repetoire and many others from yesteryear that you just wouldn''t get away with anymore. The biggest influence on the level of singing, in my humble opinion is ''seating''...there was something about the standing, swaying about, surging experience that just lent itself to singing and communicating with your fellow supporter which created new songs and made new chants catch on much quicker...

Cant turn the clock back though and maybe we need a big screen to display words of the printable songs on to encourage more participation. It works with the national anthems at the rugby internationals...any other ideas?

A full compliment of the ''Bernie Matthews Timpani Section'' will be in attendance, using Turkey Drumsticks to wallop their skinz.

[quote user="salp"]ask any bass player - a ''drummer is a guy who hangs out with musicians''[/quote]

Oh god...I knew it!, a bloke who plays 4 strings because he can''t manage 6!. Here''s a few bassist jokes for you...

Q. What''s the difference between a bassist and Channel 4?

A. Channel 4 has got Friends.

Q. Why did the drummer put a pack of bass strings on his dashboard?

A. So he could park in the disabled lot.

Q. What''s the difference between an onion and a bassist?.

A. Nobody cries when you chop a bassist in half.

Musician jokes are typically bad, and those beauts above illustrate this fact perfectly.