Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Can Dublin Be A City Legend?............

..........After just one season.

Personally, I believe he can, okay, he''s oly been here a short time, and unlike Hucks, he''s not a talisman...............yet. But in the short time he''s been here he''s been inspirational to the squad and scored some vital goals too.

Now Grant is talking about keeping him on next season, so I ask you:

Can Dublin be a City Legend.............or is it too late in the day for him?.

Of course he can be a legend wiz.

He may have only been here a short time but in that time he had to win over plenty of fans who were willing him to fail so that he could be used as a stick to beat Worthington and the board.

Dublin and Peter Grant both had this disadvantage when they came here, Dublin has won over the fans with his performances on the pitch and we are starting to see Grant win them over with his honesty and passion off the pitch. I hope they both become legends.

Dublin won''t start every game for us this season, let alone next. I hope fans don''t take out their disappointment on players who may take his place in the team whether it be Brown, Shackell or Doherty.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

or is it too late in the day for him?.

[/quote]

Several City legends were ''late in the day''. Mick Channon, Martin Peters. Probably some others I cant think of.

Lnogevity is not essential to being a City legend.  How about Trevor Hockey, Mick Channon and Jimmy Bone?  I think Percy Varco was only here for a couple of seasons but I haven''t checked that whilst Ron Davies was not here for long.

So, 37 DD qualifies.  Time will tell.

Yes he can. Despite the occasional defensive blip, he brings an extraordinary amount of experience into the side which, at certain points this season has saved us from yet more capitulations. He brings organisation, discipline and resilience to a side which has otherwise been very low on confidence. I had my reservations when we signed him, but he has turned out to be an inspired choice. On top of that, he seems like a bloody nice bloke - which is always a good thing. I dread to think where we would have been without Huckerby and him this season.    

He can be, but as someone else points out in another post, the coaching set up has been established now with the removal of Livermore and the addition of Duffy. With his playing days sure to come to an end after next season at the latest, it''s hard to see a vacancy for him.

It has been said that Dublin started his career in City''s youth team and we let him go to Cambridge. Can anybody confirm that ?

NO, legend is too lightly used nowadays, he has been here one season for Gods sake he might get one more if he is lucky. People like Hockey are cult heroes not legends, people like big dunc, fleck, allcock and Keelan are proper legends imo.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Of course he can be a legend wiz.

He may have only been here a short time but in that time he had to win over plenty of fans who were willing him to fail so that he could be used as a stick to beat Worthington and the board.

Dublin and Peter Grant both had this disadvantage when they came here, Dublin has won over the fans with his performances on the pitch and we are starting to see Grant win them over with his honesty and passion off the pitch. I hope they both become legends.

Dublin won''t start every game for us this season, let alone next. I hope fans don''t take out their disappointment on players who may take his place in the team whether it be Brown, Shackell or Doherty.

[/quote]

I reckon he can be a legend - if he stays into next year!

As for Doherty taking his place, well I don''t think he will be here next year considering his limited ability and mamoth salary![Y]

[quote user="Kathy"]I would like to see him replace Hunter.[/quote]

id liek to see Dion involved at the club too.. he has done some Punditry for the Beeb though.. maybe this is an area that interests him more than coaching.

jas :)

As a player, probably not. But if he stays on to become a coach, and helps the club develop a successful team, then yes. By the way, there is a bit about Dion in today''s Guardian. Speaking about the Chelsea game, he said "We''ll give it a good go because if you set out with five across midfield they''ll break you down in the end". Here''s the full article: http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2014360,00.html