Sign in to follow this  
ca

Roy Blower's new duties

Just been reading in the EDP that Mr Blower is likely to be announced as the new Lord Mayor of our fine City next week.

Interesting that in addition to being chairman of NCISA, he serves as a County Councillor and has also been a governor at Earlham High School for 29 years and at Avenue Middle School for 27.

Just wondered with his new time consuming duties plus his existing ones, will he be handing the reins of the NCISA over to someone else now. Perhaps Kathy can enlighten us ????

P.S. EDP headline for this story made me smile ''Mr Norwich City to be Mr City of Norwich [:)] If the EDP writers think hes Mr Norwich City, god help us!!!!!!

Full Story  http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED14%20Feb%202007%2018%3A28%3A25%3A560

John Packer should of been Lord Mayor a few years ago... Sadly suffers with poor health but I think he would of made a good Mayor. He Worked for he City council in an official capacity for a number of years...

Well done to Roy Blower though.. i used to go to School with his son Rob... Nice people...

jas :)

I know Roy personally, and at really annoys me the criticism he gets on here.

If only you knew the full story about his commitment to Norwich City Football Club. He''s just a modest person who loves his club and doesn''t need to shout his mouth of about his contributions.

Shame on you City Angel. I usually have respect for your postings.

Well done Roy. You''ll be a fair and honest Lord Mayor!

I can''t think of anyone more deserving or better suited for this great honour.

Whatever you think of Roy - and of NCISA, for that matter - he is an all-round good guy who always has time for anyone if you stop him in the street.

As for the "Mr Norwich City" headline, it''s just a pun. I''m sure the headline writers don''t really think he''s Mr Norwich City, but I thought the headline was a nice touch.

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]I know Roy personally, and at really annoys me the criticism he gets on here. If only you knew the full story about his commitment to Norwich City Football Club. He''s just a modest person who loves his club and doesn''t need to shout his mouth of about his contributions. Shame on you City Angel. I usually have respect for your postings. Well done Roy. You''ll be a fair and honest Lord Mayor![/quote]

What did I say other than the headline made me smile [:D]

All I have ever said in the past is that Idon''t think hes the right guy to lead the NCISA surely I''m entitled to my opinion, I''m sure he''s a very nice person.

A few weeks ago City Angel had a dig at Roy Blower.Now she says that she is entitled to her opinion that Roy is not the right guy to lead the NCISA.Are you a member of the NCISA City Angel ? Why not stand against him at their AGM if you feel so strongly ?If you are not a member your opinion counts for nothing as far as everyone connected with the NCISA is concerned.Every time Mr Blowers name is mentioned you seem to want to spit feathers City Angel.If you are not connected to the NCISA,the club associate directors;friends of norwich city youth or the shareholders association as Mr Blower is what on earth is your problem with him ?

[quote user="my other team is england"] A few weeks ago City Angel had a dig at Roy Blower.Now she says that she is entitled to her opinion that Roy is not the right guy to lead the NCISA.
Are you a member of the NCISA City Angel ? Why not stand against him at their AGM if you feel so strongly ?
If you are not a member your opinion counts for nothing as far as everyone connected with the NCISA is concerned.
Every time Mr Blowers name is mentioned you seem to want to spit feathers City Angel.If you are not connected to the NCISA,the club associate directors;friends of norwich city youth or the shareholders association as Mr Blower is what on earth is your problem with him ?
[/quote]

that example could work in other ways....so if u dont vote Labour then why complain about the government? are u a member of the tories stadning against them? No... If your not a member of the Labour party then your vote (and ergo your opinion) counts for nothing. So what the hell is your problem with the government?

Im not defending CityAngel, I dont know her Personally.. and as i Said Above Roy Blower is a good fellow and i wish him well..

but why whinge? everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. ok so maybe no one cares.. but speech is still free...

jas :)

[quote user="my other team is england"] A few weeks ago City Angel had a dig at Roy Blower.Now she says that she is entitled to her opinion that Roy is not the right guy to lead the NCISA.
[/quote]

I can find only one post in the past month where I''ve mentioned him and that was in reply to Nigel''s post where he mentions him and I said '''' Dont get me started on him''''

Yes its no secret that I dont think he''s the right dynamic person to lead the NCISA and thats why in my opinion they have only a few hundred members, thats my opinion to which I''m entitled.

Nowhere do I say he doesn''t do a good job for the community isnt a good school governor and nowhere do I say he won''t be a good Lord Mayor.

But I do feel I have the right to comment on the various statements he makes about our club.

Thats right, you had Rob in your class! I used to have drum lessons with him. Is John Packer Oli''s dad? You also had him in your class didn''t you?

Whilst I have nothing against Roy Blower I have mentioned a few times that the guy does have a hell of a lot of comitments outside of NCISA and was beggining to wonder, especially in recent times, if it was beggining to tell. He is a nice guy but sometimes when things reach the point that they have done whether its someone more dynamic, more vocal that you need?

No I hold a lot of respect for the Blower''s they did a lot for Avenue''s too.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I can find only one post in the past month where I''ve mentioned him and that was in reply to Nigel''s post where he mentions him and I said '''' Dont get me started on him''''

Yes its no secret that I dont think he''s the right dynamic person to lead the NCISA and thats why in my opinion they have only a few hundred members, thats my opinion to which I''m entitled.

Nowhere do I say he doesn''t do a good job for the community isnt a good school governor and nowhere do I say he won''t be a good Lord Mayor.

But I do feel I have the right to comment on the various statements he makes about our club.

[/quote]

If I remember rightly motie had a pop at you on that thread too CA! Maybe you have a stalker??

For the record I think Roy Blower will make an excellent Lord mayor and that he richly deserves that honour.