Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

What TV Coverage Are We Going To Get?

Does anyone know?I don''t think it will be shown live. I guess MOTD Saturday night for 10 mins?Or are we going to see more than that?

We''ll probably get a fair showing on MOTD.... there are only 8 games on Saturday, less than a full Premiership fixture (ones where Sky haven''t switched half the games to a 1.30am kick off on a Wednesday...)If we give a good account of ourselves I reckon we could be in line for the first game shown...?

Please tell me Lawrenson won''t be making any comments on us that night, however the result goes he''s sure to slate us, infact he''s only second to Smudger in terms of criticism of our club. Andy Townsend as well...Ex player yet never hear him pay us any compliments...Infact he never even makes comments about us!. N0n(e.

Just hop over the pond.                                                                                                             

It''s being shown live in America (US type) on Fox Soccer Channel at 10 am EST.

Now, if Concorde was still flying , you could...........

OTBC 

[quote user="Stephen Miller"]No need to go over the pond, you can watch it live streaming online..
its on ESPN too...
www.Streamick.com has everything you need and its legal too! (so they claim)
[/quote]

how does this site work.. do u just go to the site and watch? what channel will i need?

jas :)

[quote user="Alex"]Please tell me Lawrenson won''t be making any comments on us that night, however the result goes he''s sure to slate us, infact he''s only second to Smudger in terms of criticism of our club. Andy Townsend as well...Ex player yet never hear him pay us any compliments...Infact he never even makes comments about us!. N0n(e.[/quote]

Alex, Townsend did a feature on City v Cardiff for ITV and was very complimentary about the club and said he had a great time as a player here. I must say I was suprised as I had heard he was very offhand about the club previously.

[quote user="Stephen Miller"]It''s going to be really odd watching a Norwich match with American commentary
Be kinda like the Superbowl but instead the "FA SuperMegaBowl CXXXV" ....or maybe not
[/quote]

if its American Comentators expect them to babble about Beckham for the full 90 minutes not even noticing when a goal is scored

jas :)

[quote user="Alex"]Please tell me Lawrenson won''t be making any comments on us that night, however the result goes he''s sure to slate us, infact he''s only second to Smudger in terms of criticism of our club. Andy Townsend as well...Ex player yet never hear him pay us any compliments...Infact he never even makes comments about us!. N0n(e.[/quote]

I agree - I hate Lawrenson, he is an absolutely rubbish pundit. Alan Hansen is brilliant because he talks sense by the bucketload. Lawrenson talks a load of crap! And yes, he always slates us!

I loved it when Alistair McGowan took the mick by impersonating Lawrenson pole dancing in front of Lineker (whom he was also impersonating) in the studio - brilliant! I think it was on Alistair McGowan''s Big Impression or something like that.  

Stephen M,

Just tried streamick thing and it appears to work - hooray! It will be weird with American commentators though, might have to put Adams/Goreham on although I suppose that''s going to be way out of synch. Oh well ''goalshoots'' and ''double score zones'' it is then[:)].

The only thing with streamick is that sometimes you have to give it 40 seconds or so to warm up.  If you get the ready prompt and no picture, you have to click play again, or click the link to the channel again.My boss gave it a go last night, he reckoned the commentary is a bit like "Boston Goals" on Soccer am...

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

Stephen M,

Just tried streamick thing and it appears to work - hooray! It will be weird with American commentators though, might have to put Adams/Goreham on although I suppose that''s going to be way out of synch. Oh well ''goalshoots'' and ''double score zones'' it is then[:)].

[/quote]

Errr... Have you tried it recently?

Its not possible if you see at full screen to be good quality also be sure tomorrow with kick off quality and buffering will be so much......

Tty to find some of this channels by Satelite some of them is free to air and all fo them will put Norwich match tomorrow live.........

Aljazeera Sport 1
7TV - Russia
ViaSat Sport - Sweden
S.Sport Hellas
3+ Denmark
(C+Sport (France
Sky Sport 3 (Italia)
Sport 2 HU
Lumiere TV
Digit ALB
Sport 1 CZ
YLE 24 (Finland)

[quote user="Stephen Miller"]It''s going to be really odd watching a Norwich match with American commentary
Be kinda like the Superbowl but instead the "FA SuperMegaBowl CXXXV" ....or maybe not
[/quote]

Television coverage in the U.S. of UK soccer matches is with British rather than American commentators.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]Any ideas on how to improve the picture quality short of buying a state of the art graphics card.[/quote]

its nothing to do with the graphics card

its just the quality its broadcast in

you either get HQ pics but only 3-4 frames a sec or fluid low quality, not everyone has high speed broadband, espcially in the states

i know a Top cisco engineer in the US whos only got 1mb, and he designed some of the protocols used in the internet backbone!

www.streamick.com and several others will be of poor quality - there frame rate will be as high as possible - therefore reducing quality. The frame rate is to bear with big numbers, as it effects their bandwith hugely.

Now bare with me, im only 15 :P

HOWEVER there are programs that will inprove the quality while keeping the frame rate. Take for example, http://www.tvants.com

This site is in japanese, but the download link is obvious.

Instead of loading almost instantly, load up TvAnts 30minutes before kickoff. This will allow it to Pre-Buffer. Whether this actually will work or not im about to find out - but it seems clever. There are also technical settings which can be adjusted, they are confusing so when i find the best combination i will post them on here.

There are other ways of improving... For example, load up the stream on streamick, right-click on the screen (obviously the bit your watching) and select ''properties''. from here, you should see a link. Highlight it and press Ctrl + C on your keyboard to copy the link.

Now, the chances are you have other players such as:

Winamp

RealPlayer

Jukebox

VLC media player

etc...

On these, there will a ''File'' button to click, opening a drop-down menu. This enables you to select ''open-file'' etc. If you have an ''open-url'' select that, and press ctrl+v to paste into the appropriate box, and click OK, play or whatever. If not, simply select ''open'' or as previously mentioned ''open-file''.

This will meen you can play the stream in any other media player.

Why would it be quicker?

Often, web-embedded media players, in this case windows media player - rely''s on their bandwidth aswell (i think). also, windows media player, as other programs from microsoft (Internet explorer) are generally quite poor, and playback can be better on other media players anyway.

I hope this helped anyone confused, or anyone who didnt know!

By the way - broadband is a necessity. I cannot see 56kbps being of any use.

hogesar.

This is spot on once you work it out!  The stream will look great until kick off, and then thousands of people jumping in and grabbing a piece of the bandwidth will reduce it to a jagged mess that spends the whole game buffering!

Of the satellite channels above, only Al J and TV 7 are unencrypted.  I had a crack at picking up their frequencies on my sky dish (some satellites are more powerful than others, you never know your luck), I got TV 5 from Al J''s Frequency, but nothing else.  TV 7 is outside of the permitted frequency range ojn my dish. I suspect that the only way to pick these channels up is with a non-sky affair.  So it''s back to streaming for me.  Thanks for giving me hope, Borislav [:)]

[quote user="JC"]This is spot on once you work it out!  The stream will look great until kick off, and then thousands of people jumping in and grabbing a piece of the bandwidth will reduce it to a jagged mess that spends the whole game buffering![/quote]

Normally, it will automatically reduce the quality of the stream and wont buffer so much.

Now got it running in WMP. The Arsenal - Blackburn game should be a good dress rehearsal to see how reliable and up-to-date the stream is.

Fox soccer tv working a treat.......just thinking about sending in my $39.99 for the incredible infrared oven and duel speed chopper!

[quote user="Matt"]

Fox soccer tv working a treat.......just thinking about sending in my $39.99 for the incredible infrared oven and duel speed chopper!

[/quote]ROFL!I saw that too! I think they just show adverts early in the morning like alot o satalite channels do over here, because at time of writing, its still only 7am there.PS Arsenal v Blackburn is very watchable! I expect our game to be just the same

working perfect for the arsenal v blackburn game.  Daren''t turn it off now unless i cant connect again!  fingers crossed.  Oh and uk commentary too.