Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Delia on Radio Norfolk

"We''re going there to have some fun and have a nice day, and the players and supporters feel the same way"

That sums it up.

Christ.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Thankfully our manager has said the complete opposite.[/quote]

Indeed he has, and thank God too, I like Grant and he will try and win the game.

Delia''s stance on things does my head in though.

Spot on Alex!

OK there were parts of the interview I agreed with e.g. Norwich fans understanding and appreciating the money she has put in and her suspicion that these recent mega millionaires (United, Chelsea, Villa, Liverpool and West Ham ) will, ultimately, want their money back. The rest was an awful harp back to the Premiership season where we hear that kind of sentimental drivel from the club week in week out at away matches.  I also noticed how Smith would be ......''hoping that something would happen''. Didn''t we hear that ad nauseum from the club during last season as the Worthy empire crumbled nefore our eyes?? We all know what happened and we all know that those who campaigned long and hard for the change in manager should have been listened too (not ignored and dismissed) many months before the Board eventually threw in the towel.

Turning to other parts of the Radio Norfolk pre match coverage I really wish someone would throttle those donkeys Goreham and Gudgeon. All they keep on about is the money that Chelsea have got, the host of ''world class stars'', ''some of the greatest players in the world'' etc, and they keep mentioning Lampard!! Er is that the same Frank Lampard who has been unbelievably poor at international level (when it really matters) in recent years? The game  is about to kick off and ok yes we should get turned over but if we get stuck in and really go for it, we could well get something.

Yellow Rider signing off....for now!  

She needs to get that determination to be the best, in her. If the people at the top don''t believe it then you cannot expect others too.

The team gave a great account of themselves and you cannot ask for more but losing any game hurts and we should aim to beat everybody regardless of who they are. At least Grant seems to have that will in him!

"We''re going there to have some fun and have a nice day, and the players and supporters feel the same way"

On this occasion she was spot on, Norwich would have had more chance of beating the All Blacks at rugby than beating Chelsea away, sure enough we should be doing a lot better in this very average league but lets not slag her down for predicting a fun day and trying to turn it into a negative, It was a fun day - she was right

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Spot on Alex!

OK there were parts of the interview I agreed with e.g. Norwich fans understanding and appreciating the money she has put in and her suspicion that these recent mega millionaires (United, Chelsea, Villa, Liverpool and West Ham ) will, ultimately, want their money back. The rest was an awful harp back to the Premiership season where we hear that kind of sentimental drivel from the club week in week out at away matches.  I also noticed how Smith would be ......''hoping that something would happen''. Didn''t we hear that ad nauseum from the club during last season as the Worthy empire crumbled nefore our eyes?? We all know what happened and we all know that those who campaigned long and hard for the change in manager should have been listened too (not ignored and dismissed) many months before the Board eventually threw in the towel.

Turning to other parts of the Radio Norfolk pre match coverage I really wish someone would throttle those donkeys Goreham and Gudgeon. All they keep on about is the money that Chelsea have got, the host of ''world class stars'', ''some of the greatest players in the world'' etc, and they keep mentioning Lampard!! Er is that the same Frank Lampard who has been unbelievably poor at international level (when it really matters) in recent years? The game  is about to kick off and ok yes we should get turned over but if we get stuck in and really go for it, we could well get something.

Yellow Rider signing off....for now!  

[/quote]Spot on? Way out more like. What the hell is wrong with you people? When will you learn, Delia is just a fan. A fan who''s given much of her life and money over to the club. She''s not a coach, she''s not a manager, she''s not a director of football, she''s a fan and just like us she went planning to enjoy herself and have a good day out, just like the rest of us. If she started making statements about the football side of things you lot would been on to her about that too.I''m ashamed to be associated with some of you lot on here sometimes.

It was a fun day out for sure and I was proud of the team, proud of the fans and proud of Delia.

Having just got home and started reading the comments on here it obviously wasn''t so much fun "watching on the wireless"

Yes bloody Hooze did play and Etuhu was in first choice before Fotheringham. But it wasn''t a great day despite that, in fact those two performances helped make it a great day.

Maybe some of those posting on here this afternoon were bitter because they had missed out on tickets, if so theres plenty still available for Tuesday night at Preston.

Somedays it really doesn''t matter about what is said on Canary Call and Radio Norfolk, somedays the football on the pitch, the atmosphere and the occasion overshadow everything else.

Today was one of those days.

I like the way people who didn''t even go to the game and listend to it on radio norfolk then come on her and slag Delia off. Her and her husband have done a lot for this club if it wasn''t for them we''d probably be a mid table league 1 side now. I''m getting more and more fed up of the people that have only been coming to games since 2002 slagging off our bourd for having "no ambition" we all need to realise that, at the minute we are an average team in a very average league and gey behind the team, the manager and the board to try and make us a good team in an average league. Hopefully some of you jonny come latelys won''t bother renewing your season tickets next year which would make my trips to carra rud more pleasant!OTBC

Did you really expect us to win? I think in this case she''s exhibiting a decent knowledge of the game. It would have been more embarrassing had she claimed we had every chance of upsetting Chelsea''s apple cart.

Obviously those directly involved with preparing for the game should be trying flat-out to win it, but Delia''s in the boardroom. She doesn''t coach the players, so I think her cautiously optimistic approach was appropriate.

Yes, we find it very difficult to get away from our positive love of being the little guy against the odds.  "Look at us, here at Stamford Bridge!"  Are we never to escape from this curse that has never affected our neighbours to the south.   I saw every away match in the 1959 cup run but why do we celebrate that success rather than thinking about when we lead the Premier League by eight points at Christmas.  We are not among the Blackburns and the Boltons purely because we are the club that never quite realises our potential.  Our judgements are sometimes atrocious, every time I see Danny Haynes on the box, I wonder who it was that decided he could move on.  Now we have the latest giant-killing attempt out of our system, can we get back to being a club of some size and standing that should not be in in its present position.  Huckerby has it right and my hope is that Grant is the man to cure us of our inferiority hang-ups.  But I fear Delia, for all her strengths, is in love with the word ''little''

a great post! and i think u say it very very well...whoareyou?

No one will acheive success at this football club if those in power dont believe Success is acheiveable.. by saying "little Norwich" then we will never be a force at any level... and look at Reading, Charlton, Bolton Wigan and Middelsboro... theres no reason we cant be an established Premiership side winning trophies and competing in europe. if those clubs, who are on a par with us size wise can do it.. then wy cant we.. we arent "little" Norwich... we are able of reaching the top.. and it needs those with that belief at the highest level or we will never reach a level higher than our current one...

jas :)

She''s had her money back....do you think Delia is doing this as a hobby?There is no way Delia is running this club at a loss to herself....where do you think all the millions have gone in the last 2 years through the sale of all our top players? Thin air?I appreciate what Delia has done for the club but it would be an aweful investement if she was in the black by now.

[quote user="Mariner"]Huckerby has it right and my hope is that Grant is the man to cure us of our inferiority hang-ups.  But I fear Delia, for all her strengths, is in love with the word ''little''[/quote]Huckerby has it right? Is this the same Huckerby who said we had no chance going to play Chelsea? So he''s allowed to say that and Delia isn''t is that how it goes now? Just face facts, compared to Chelsea we are "little", for want of a better word and if you can''t accept that or see it, then you''re on another planet, just as financially and business wise, Chelsea are from Norwich.

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Mariner"]Huckerby has it right and my hope is that Grant is the man to cure us of our inferiority hang-ups.  But I fear Delia, for all her strengths, is in love with the word ''little''[/quote]

Huckerby has it right? Is this the same Huckerby who said we had no chance going to play Chelsea? So he''s allowed to say that and Delia isn''t is that how it goes now?

Just face facts, compared to Chelsea we are "little", for want of a better word and if you can''t accept that or see it, then you''re on another planet, just as financially and business wise, Chelsea are from Norwich.
[/quote]

I think you''ll find, a1, that Huckerby chose his words carefully and spoke sense - I don''t want to hear the people at the top of our club talking about going to have lots of fun and tea parties, and having a "nice fun day"

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Mariner"]Huckerby has it right and my hope is that Grant is the man to cure us of our inferiority hang-ups.  But I fear Delia, for all her strengths, is in love with the word ''little''[/quote]Huckerby has it right? Is this the same Huckerby who said we had no chance going to play Chelsea? So he''s allowed to say that and Delia isn''t is that how it goes now? Just face facts, compared to Chelsea we are "little", for want of a better word and if you can''t accept that or see it, then you''re on another planet, just as financially and business wise, Chelsea are from Norwich.[/quote]

I think you''ll find, a1, that Huckerby chose his words carefully and spoke sense - I don''t want to hear the people at the top of our club talking about going to have lots of fun and tea parties, and having a "nice fun day"

[/quote]Oh jesus, you''re nit picking now just because you don''t like the way she speaks. Would you prefer that she just said ''we''re going down there to enjoy it.'' It amounts to the same thing and that''s what the players will have been told to do - take in the atmos and go out and enjoy it. Hucks said:“So we''ll go there and enjoy the day but the most important match is Tuesday night against Preston.”Unless you''re just plain prejudiced against DS because she says "fun day" and he says "enjoy the day", their statements amount to exactly the same thing. It''s just the language and she is being prejudiced by people on here because of that, hence your reference to ''tea parties'' and many other similar such comments by others.