Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

WOULD THE REAL ETUHU PLEASE STAND UP...

Etuhu put in a excellent performance today, showed the quality we all know he has in him. Looked strong, confident and up for it. Question is why cant he do that in the Championship? The reason we slate him so much is because we know he''s capable of this kind of performance, but rarely seems to show it.

We need more performances like that from him if were to progress, or indeed he needs to play like that to retain his place. Dissapointed to see him go off but understandable as Grant wanted to see what Fozzy would be like with Saf as Etuhu is out of the Preston game. His attacking tactical change would have been better served with Martin for Lappin with Hucks switching to the left tho.

Would have liked to see what would''ve happened with Hucks left wing and Martin up front for 30 mins or so instead of the last 10 as we seemed to have a few chances when we switched it.

Bravo today lads, you done us proud...

I cannot believe it was the same player as Tuesday, he was woeful then. It makes me very suspect as to his motives, shop window and all that or is it simply that he believes he is a prem player and cannot get motivted. Either way hes no use to us if he can only turn it on against prem teams.......Get rid!!!

[quote user="gazban"]I cannot believe it was the same player as Tuesday, he was woeful then. It makes me very suspect as to his motives, shop window and all that or is it simply that he believes he is a prem player and cannot get motivted. Either way hes no use to us if he can only turn it on against prem teams.......Get rid!!![/quote]

I had the same back page line as a player in my local paper ''Would the real **** ****** please stand up''. And it is motivation. Nothing less.

I''m not sure what else I can add to this other than I performed this way due to personal reasons. Not being mentally strong enough at times. It is recoverable, if he is going through similar things to myself at that time. If so, he needs telling how good he is sometimes, he needs to train hard, he needs people to let him get on with his game. Make him feel like a king and he will play like one. This is the case for alot of players. Some are clockwork mice who just need pointing in the right direction and they do it. Some do it by themselves and some like me are a bit more complex. I''ve always liked to think it''s one of those ''fine line between genius and madman'' things. Sometimes I was a genius and sometimes a madman.

I did also get another one saying ''****** golden touch'', so it does get better.

If that''s the case then he needs an arm round him. I suspect it is.

Yes, I suspect the shop window motive as well. But is there anybody stupid enough??? I know Warnock is an admirer.

Reminds of about 9 years ago when Danny Mills went on the transfer list, he perked up quickly and was trying shots from all over the place.

Its a pity we cant make a hybrid player out of him and Andy Hughes. Combined Hughes effort and  commitment with Dicksons ability and you would have a good player. A sort of Etuhughes.

Loved the way he clattered Lampard early on though. Can''t stand Lampard, he is the epitomy of everything thing that is wrong with today''s football. A very average player who looks good in a quality team who earns too much money and believes he is better than everyone else and believes his own hype. Joey Barton got it spot on!

[quote user="Kathy"]Its a pity we cant make a hybrid player out of him and Andy Hughes. Combined Hughes effort and  commitment with Dicksons ability and you would have a good player. A sort of Etuhughes.[/quote]

Classic, very good Kathy!.