Sign in to follow this  
barclay4ever

hucks shud b on the wing(but proud to be invloved today)

not to put a downer on a great day out because i think both players and fans gave a really good account of themselves and the club,  and (aside from the final score) should be proud of wot we did today. for once we got a decent cup run and if your going to go out of a cup you may aswell go out to the reigning league champions and make a big event of it. i dnt want to moan about weather grant got tactics wrong or if we cud hav won if we had don this or that but just wanted to say i dnt think huckerby worked upfront and shud hav gone onto the left earlier, if not from the start. he didnt get the chance to get in round the back and show wot he can do. nontheless seeing some of those tracking back challenges from dickson and hooze on players like drogba and robben was brilliant and all fans at the ground shud be proud for the the atmoushpere created at another prawn-sandwich eating premiership ground.

[quote user="barclay4ever"]not to put a downer on a great day out because i think both players and fans gave a really good account of themselves and the club,  and (aside from the final score) should be proud of wot we did today. for once we got a decent cup run and if your going to go out of a cup you may aswell go out to the reigning league champions and make a big event of it. i dnt want to moan about weather grant got tactics wrong or if we cud hav won if we had don this or that but just wanted to say i dnt think huckerby worked upfront and shud hav gone onto the left earlier, if not from the start. he didnt get the chance to get in round the back and show wot he can do. nontheless seeing some of those tracking back challenges from dickson and hooze on players like drogba and robben was brilliant and all fans at the ground shud be proud for the the atmoushpere created at another prawn-sandwich eating premiership ground.[/quote]agreed.  hucks is best on left wing for me.  lappin is neat tidy, works hard, had great positional sense, but so far ''the best crosser in scotland'' has yet to put over a dangerous ball for me.  still bedding in though, so time to impress yet.for me, our best cross of the day at chelski was hughes left footed inswinger that brown managed to head too thin, glancing it wide of the post.  i think it was hughes anyway!  make no mistake, it was a proper prem class cross - the sort that deserves to have a goal on the end of it.

With hux as a striker we have to get the ball to his feet - and the quality of ball to him on sat was not good enough from either the midfield or defence.

Against non prem teams the midfield should sit higher up the pitch - meaning passes to the strikers are shorter and likely to be more accurate (hopefully anyway). 

Lappin is coming on nicely - two games so far have been encouraging and a step above most of our midfielders performances this season.

Tactically I think it was PG''s only mistake. Hux wasn''t really in the game, one first half surge which earned a booking, one cross late on the second and a nice little cameo in the box but that was it. he was playing straight into England''s best centre back and Michael Essien/Boulharouz with no space to run into- unlike Croft who had masses of space down the right and always looked dangerous. their 5 man midfield had two (SWP and Robben) high up the pitch- Hux sitting back a bit to the left of Lappin would have worked better I think.