Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Chelsea Match Thread

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Anyone know why one of our best players this season in Colin has been dropped to the bench in favour of Andy Bloody Hughes?[/quote]

Why have a go at Hughes again - he played a stormer today.  Faultless and great going forward.  Get behind the players rather than whinging.  If you had been there, you would have seen it for yourself.

OTBC - boys did us proud today and so did the fans.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="the1englishman"]

Croft is playing well, he has been unlucky !!

[/quote]

Should have scored that volley. That was just a bad miss, not unlucky.

[/quote]Erm, were you actually watching the game? The first was a great recovering block from Boooooolarooooz, with the ball seemingly heading to the bottom corner.  The second was a good volley but matched by a great save to tip it onto the post.  I don''t see how that''s not unlucky?[/quote]

Erm, yes I was. I didn''t comment on the first, I commented on the volley that Cech saved. He went for the soft shot on the inside of his foot. He should have put his foot through it, he would have scored. He should have scored from that chance, end of.

[/quote]I guess that''s why you''re flying high playing in Manchester United''s first team, whilst poor Crofty languishes in the Championship...It was on target, but Cech made a good save.  Watch the replays...

Totally agree Dicky. In fact, like you, I can''t beleive anyone who was there would think otherwise.

I''m not Hughes''s biggest fan but Grant got that decision spot on. Hughes played well. Colin has improved since last season but i still think he is a weak link. Hughes deserves to keep his place.

Etuhu actually turned up today too which was nice for change.

In fact, I think they all meritted 7/10 at least with the exception of Croft (needs to lose some weight, stay on his feet and start delivering some crosses) and Brown (some nice touches but I just can''t see him scoring - he needs a partner).

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Bloody Hooze and Etuhu.....  well we didnt have a chance in the first place...  we have even less of a chance now.[/quote] Hughes had a very good game today. He offered much more going forward than Colin and defended well too! A good choice by the manager. Etuhu did better than Fozzy when he came on as a sub too so all in all a well picked starting 11 IMO!

Just got back from Stamford Bridge, glad to say that I am proud of the team today for the first time in a while.  They had a go played some good one touch football and could easily have scored once or twice, we need to build on this.  I have never been an Andy Hughes fan but his display today and his commitment is winning me over.

p.s. Remember that Chelsea''s four goalscorers today cost just over £100 million!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Bloody Hooze and Etuhu.....  well we didnt have a chance in the first place...  we have even less of a chance now.[/quote]

Ironically 2 of the best performances today CJF!.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="the1englishman"]

Croft is playing well, he has been unlucky !!

[/quote]

Should have scored that volley. That was just a bad miss, not unlucky.

[/quote]

Erm, were you actually watching the game? The first was a great recovering block from Boooooolarooooz, with the ball seemingly heading to the bottom corner.  The second was a good volley but matched by a great save to tip it onto the post.  I don''t see how that''s not unlucky?
[/quote]

Erm, yes I was. I didn''t comment on the first, I commented on the volley that Cech saved. He went for the soft shot on the inside of his foot. He should have put his foot through it, he would have scored. He should have scored from that chance, end of.

[/quote]

I guess that''s why you''re flying high playing in Manchester United''s first team, whilst poor Crofty languishes in the Championship...

It was on target, but Cech made a good save.  Watch the replays...
[/quote]

I''m sure most professionals at that level, particularly more forward type players would look back at that and think they should have scored. If they don''t then there''s something wrong. I would think Lee Croft playing with a bit more confidence (and without the thought of the one he launched over the bar in the back of his mind) wouldn''t have given Cech much of a chance.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Anyone know why one of our best players this season in Colin has been dropped to the bench in favour of Andy Bloody Hughes?[/quote]

He was awesome today absolutely awesome.

[quote user="Dicky"]

Why have a go at Hughes again - he played a stormer today.  Faultless and great going forward.  Get behind the players rather than whinging.  If you had been there, you would have seen it for yourself.

[/quote]

Here we go, you''re a better supporter than me blah blah shittidy crap crap.

I watched online, and yes Hughes did have a good game, but there was no reason for Colin to be dropped, and I simply stated this case before the game had even started.

I would have thought someone of your superiority would have noticed that, eh Dicky?

[quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

I agree Dicky, Hughes (and Safri) played very well today.

[quote user="Alex"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Bloody Hooze and Etuhu.....  well we didnt have a chance in the first place...  we have even less of a chance now.[/quote]

Ironically 2 of the best performances today CJF!.

[/quote]

too true, hughes looks decent at full back with his good energy levels far better than when he is in midfield. etuhu can **** off, we need a player willing to gived his all every week...  not just three times a season.  todfays performace makes me feel sick that he does not even give a monkeys most games....

GJP wrote "Erm, yes I was. I didn''t comment on the first, I commented on the volley that Cech saved. He went for the soft shot on the inside of his foot. He should have put his foot through it, he would have scored. He should have scored from that chance, end of."

And remind me again who you are playing for? They must have missed your name on MOTD last night, didn''t quite catch it? 

If CJF actually bothered going to games then he''d realise that Hughes puts in 100% effort and played superbly yesterday.

Get of your computer....

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

GJP wrote "Erm, yes I was. I didn''t comment on the first, I commented on the volley that Cech saved. He went for the soft shot on the inside of his foot. He should have put his foot through it, he would have scored. He should have scored from that chance, end of."

And remind me again who you are playing for? They must have missed your name on MOTD last night, didn''t quite catch it? 

[/quote]

They''re professionals, for God''s sake. They''re expected to take their chances.

They also get paid (more than) handsomly for doing so. Or even when they don''t.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

I watched online, and yes Hughes did have a good game, but there was no reason for Colin to be dropped, and I simply stated this case before the game had even started.

I would have thought someone of your superiority would have noticed that, eh Dicky?

[/quote]

Just face it, you were wrong, Grant was right, your criticism was unfounded.  As for superior - with comments like yours, I would have to say yes....

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just face it, you were wrong, Grant was right, your criticism was unfounded.  As for superior - with comments like yours, I would have to say yes....

[/quote]

Yeah, of course I was wrong about a player who''s had about...what''s that now...ONE good game since he has been here in two seasons. Get a grip. Just because you take everything this club throws at you without question, you seem to think it makes you a better supporter than others. Wrong. You''re in no better position to comment than I am.

You also seem to like happy clapper players who run around like headless chickens....you wouldn''t last 5 minutes in charge at this club.

So yeah - superior, eh? [8-)]