Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Chelsea Match Thread

Yep; I''m watching Fox through Streamick.com and it''s working fine. As said above, Etuhu is looking good today. Disappointed with Croft''s effort. It did look a glaring miss but he was trying to put it the other side from the way the goalie was moving and the defender made up the ground. Disappointed to be 1-0 down but glad we are giving a good account of ourselves for a change. May well lose the match but a second half performance like the first would give me encouragement for the future.

It''s a blow to lose Marshall, though. I hope he''s not out for long. Pray nobody else gets injured.

In Norwich, watching it on Fox, isn''t it ridiculous we can''t watch it on ''normal tele''?

I bet Sky would block it if they weren''t part of Fox.

The build-up prematch interviews have obviously been supplied by the Sky Sports football team.

I should know, I''ve worked there for enough years!

Definitely agree that the FOX coverage is great.

I actually feel pretty down because we could and should have been one up, and their goal had a big slice of luck as well.

I actually went to see the match at Stamford Bridge when we were in the Prem and we are playing so much better, kind of wish i''d gone.

Spot on macdougall.  Players are doing us proud for once.  unlucky to be one down.  But like you i fear for the last ten minutes.  Croft certainly won''t finish the game and legs on others won''t be far behind.  No criticism at all though.  COME ON CITY!

Croft should really have buried Martins Flick onshould so be 2-2 right now.

Eeyore just set up the 3rd... we dont deserve to lose.. if only wed put the chances away...

Well played City!!! we made a go of it today and for most of the game were just as good as them.. if thats the quality of the premiership (and this takes nothing away from us) then we should win it at a canter if we go up...

jas :)

[quote user="the1englishman"]

Croft is playing well, he has been unlucky !!

[/quote]

Should have scored that volley. That was just a bad miss, not unlucky.

Yeah, they always take the piss in the last few minutes. I thought that the result was somewhat undeserved, think we competed well considering the gulf between the two clubs'' situations.  

From what was said on the BBC match report we did OK and the last two goals didn''t do us justice.  "They were in it until the last goal" - Guess thats something!OTBC!Chunky

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="the1englishman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Erm, were you actually watching the game? The first was a great recovering block from Boooooolarooooz, with the ball seemingly heading to the bottom corner.  The second was a good volley but matched by a great save to tip it onto the post.  I don''t see how that''s not unlucky?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="the1englishman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Erm, were you actually watching the game? The first was a great recovering block from Boooooolarooooz, with the ball seemingly heading to the bottom corner.  The second was a good volley but matched by a great save to tip it onto the post.  I don''t see how that''s not unlucky?
[/quote]

Erm, yes I was. I didn''t comment on the first, I commented on the volley that Cech saved. He went for the soft shot on the inside of his foot. He should have put his foot through it, he would have scored. He should have scored from that chance, end of.

Croft placed the ball just right, away from the diving keeper, but Boulharouz made a great block. The volley he had to take too early, or he''d have lost the chance.

a good perfromance and to be fair i wish it was on TV as we gave a bloody god account of ourselves...  and its far more entertaining than the dross served up by thew beeb today..

if nothing else we deserved a goal for our efforts... Cech was in fine fettle today and on another day we would of got at least 3...

Seeing the replay on Fox of Crofts first effort the Panic etched on Cechs face made me proud.. he was genuinly thinking "hang on we''re in trouble".. and i think that could of rubbed off on the rest of them had Booohoolarhouz not intervened... im convinced had that of gone in we''d of won...

jas :)