Sign in to follow this  
norwichcasual

out of the 6300.............

how many are going to preston ,barnsley cardiff etc or was there really that many glory boys there?

support your team not just in a big game where u have the chance to don facepaint and get on tv

rant over

You can''t blame people for wanting to go to Chelsea but not to some of the more far-flung Championship grounds, particularly given the rubbish we''ve been served up on the road over the past three years.

Chelsea away is a rare experience, and no wonder tickets were more in demand than for other games. Nothing wrong with that.

(PS: I am going to Barnsley, BTW.)

we''ve one of the biggest away followings in the league and that includes premier clubs.  who r u to begrudge people the chance to see the premier champions and to enjoy part of the greatest cup competition in the world!!!

Follow follow follow ....

[quote user="ncfc on a trip"]

how many are going to preston ,barnsley cardiff etc or was there really that many glory boys there?

support your team not just in a big game where u have the chance to don facepaint and get on tv

rant over

[/quote]I guess it comes down to freedom of choice and the fact most of them aren''t total lemmings

I dare say if we were allowed to take 6300 to PNE then we probably could sell that many. I dont think this was ''glory boys'' but even if it was, what gives you the right to question their commitment to the team? Just because a person goes to every away game doesnt make them any more of a supporter then someone who only goes to a few games home or away.Mini rant over.

Considering Season ticket holders and regular away fans had to apply for Tickets not many glory boys would of been there., althoush i suspect 1 or 2 of those who have stayed away from Carrow Road recently would of turned up.

jas :)

not everyone can afford the time or the cost of going to every away game, infact this is the first year ive been able to afford a season ticket, so a once in a while chance to visit a club like chelsea is a special occasion, but not many people can take 2 days off to travel the otherside of the country for a tuesday night away game!

btw do you goto the away games?

I think we made a good account of ourselves, no bad behaviour, showed the chelski fans up with our singing and cheering,

Am I alone in thinking these are the outbursts of a deranged individual....

rant over

[/quote]

Aside from the other obvious reasons, which have been mentioned before me, there''s also the fact that Preston is a fricking long way from Norwich on a Tuesday, especially if you have to work the next day or can''t afford to miss a day''s work.I''m thinking of going to Preston, since I only live in Manchester, and it will be only my second game of the season (the other one, funnily enough, being Preston at home)... but I may not go depending on my money situation by tomorrow.1 game a season and living far away... guess I must be one of the least loyal supporters on here? [;)]

I wasn''t going to reply because I thought it was beneath me to react to such rubbish. But you have made my blood boil.

As most peopple on here have said, they felt proud to have been a Canary at Chelsea. There was a fantastic atmosphere, everyone was well behaved and the team really, really had a go. What right do you have to imply that the majority of the people there had no right to be there, unless they follow the team everywhere? Everyone has individual circumstances, it could, and often is, the cash, it could be work commitments, family or just plain that people do not want to use the best part of a day to see their team. And lets be plain here it is everybodies team. Many people there had small children with them and I wouldn''t mind betting that it was the first game for a lot of them. The fifth round of the cup and the fact it was against the English champions would have helped to encourage them to want to go. Many many of them will still be wearing green and yellow in 20, 30 or more years time. What right have you to suggest only a hardcore deserve to be there?

Incidentally I am not a "part-time supporter" having visited over 70 grounds watching our team and I for one was proud to be there  with everyone else.

rant over

[/quote]

A brillaint performance by the players and fans, and some idiot has to spoil it and come out with this dross. The fact that we sell out all our home games should answer your question!!

rant over

[/quote]just a few qustions do you work?   do you have a family?

well i work nights and have a family ,and for you to tell me that im a glory boy it goes to show how much of a idiot you are.

i would like to ask  you

did  you go to malaysia tour because i did.

did you go to holland tour i did.

did you go to the scotland tour i did.

did you go to the friendly games before the start of the season i did.

rant over

[/quote]

well since im both a home and away season ticket holder i imagine i''ll be at them. and i reckon i''ll spent a whole weekend in Cardiff because its easier, do i now qualify for your super dooper mega supporters of the world club??. or shall i start baaa''ing and join the rest of the so called fans. fool. could you even find Carrow Road on the back of a ticket???.

I''m surprised how many people reacted to this ridiculous post.

Those of you who have replied have made the points I would have made. I would just like to add this.

These days are important in building up our fan base. Look what happened after the playoff final. I think we took 30,000+ to Cardiff that day and the real benefit to the club was how many of those fans wanted to go again. It could be said it was that game that was the catalyst for the sell outs we have seen since.

If the people who don''t usually go away enjoyed it then you can be sure they will want to go again. Not necessarily to Preston on a Tuesday night in February though!

Regular away match people, season ticket holders, members were given priority so the chance of it being a load of glory boys is quite slim don''t you think. It galls me that someone thinks they have the right to criticise everyone else no matter what. At the end of the day, we sold all our allocation and the team was well supported, they in turn put on a good show. We have one of the best supported teams around or maybe you haven''t noticed. At the end of the day, no-one who dons the colours and follows the team can be villified for no justifiable reason and maybe you should keep you little rants to yourself and let your steam off by shouting at your teddy in your bedroom.

I did go to chelsea, and this was the first away game this season i attended . (i dont deserve to say i support norwich). BUT i have been to every single home game since after the play off final.

rant over

[/quote]

Sorry....but I thought this was pretty funny.........