Sign in to follow this  
Necton Canary

How did the Reserves do last night?

I have searched high and low but cannot find anything on the reserves game against Gillingham last night.

How did we do and in particular how did the fringe players like Mark Rivers perform?

lost 3-1.. young team struggled against a strong Gillingham side from the kick off. Rivers and Easton anonymous. Crow scored for city... Jarvis missed several opportunities, Crichton still kicks like Marshall! MOTM? Briggs. Strong, overlapping display, made the goal. Sinclair worth a mention too!!

Chris

Many thanks - though sad to hear the Easton and Rivers were not up to much - I was hoping that Rivers might have been putting himself forward to help out on the right hand side of midfield - I wonder when young Briggs will get his chance to shine in the first team?

Thats ok Maidstone.. Rivers looked some way short of fitness to be fair.. my daughter reckoned he looked fat!! I often see the reserves in action and Briggs never fails to impress me. A place on the bench or in the travelling squads is deserved in my opinion. I think he is quite versatile. Could come on late in a tight game and shore things up with his height pace and strength. He can also gallop a bit.