Sign in to follow this  
San Miguel

Stamford Bridge

Firstly, I must be a glory hunter as that was the only away game I went to this year. Shame on me.

Secondly, I have to say I was disappointed by the ground in many ways.

For a start the pitch was awful, costing Marshall an injury. Secondly, the lower Shed End I sat in was wierd - all close and if I stood up all I could see was the roof. The seats were so close to each other I had to sit sideways to prevent deep vain thrombosis.

Then the stewards - miserable sods who couldn''t speak English anyway.

Then the crowd, virtually no noise from them all game. Made me proud though when watching MotD and all you can hear on TV is us singing.

Then the whole atmosphere of the place - there wasn''t one. The crowded restaurants and hotels kill it off.

After all it is Chelski - for me they need to scrap a lot of it and start again. I went to Hamburg in the summer - a stadium only 5 years old. It was absolutely fantastic - couldn''t have been set up better in all respects.

Still, after all this I thoroughly enjoyed the day - well done boys you did us proud. OTBC.

Tell you what though, I was accosted by a tall good looking girl with 5 gallons of beer on her back-what more do you want!