Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

team for preston and score prediction

with hux and dicko suspended, conveniently in the latter case, marshall almost certainly crocked, dion knackered and rested for sat, my line up for preston wud be,  4-4-2

gallacher

hughes         doc                  shacks      drury

croft             safs                   fothers    lappin

martin               brown  

subs - colin, dion, joe, wly, spillane

after FA cup exploits by both sides, a drab 0-0 encounter and an away point would do us fine.           

I would be hapy with that line up, I hope for a change we get something there, but why do we seem to play them so often mid-week, its a hell of a trip and would be handy if it was on a saturday

Come on LGT get real when did we last achieve a clean sheet away from home ?

Our defence is still error ridden, we can''t defend set pieces and to boot we''re now lumbered once again with the dreaded Gallager between the sticks.  I regretably am gonna go for 3-1 to Preston.

We have no strikers a dodgy goalkeeper and a defence like a swiss cheese.  We are in big trouble as a football club. 

Team???  Who cares (it won''t make any difference to the end result)...

Result... either 2-0 or 3-1 to Preston (Hucks or Dion may get us an away goal)

Result... either 2-0 or 3-1 to Preston (Hucks or Dion may get us an away goal)

SACK THE BOARD, SACK THE BOARD, SACK

Smudger. Shows how little you know about the norwich city TEAM. (Hucks is suspended for the Preston match). I suggest concentrating on YOUR TEAM rather than  your pitiful cry of  ''sack the board''.

While I accept that the last few months have been difficult to say the least, I like many around me can see vast improvements under Peter Grant.

Many have said wait for ''the transfer window'' or ''the end of Jan''. Well we''re there now and it.s obvious to most of us that this team is on the way up. I'' m not talking about promoton or relegation because I don''t think either affect us this year

I think that the footings are being put in place for a future assault on the premier league and when the board choose Peter Grant they choose him because they felt he was the BEST man for the job. (even wiz has come round).

Wake up man, get your head out of the sand and jump aboard. The Norwich City express is starting to roll again

Smudger,

It might do, football is unpredictable and I think we are seeing a side with more mental strength than we had, say, a month ago. But considering that you refuse to watch them you wouldn''t know would you? But we would definitely lose if they went into it with your attitude.

Smudger had just provided his own evidence that he does not know what he is talking about. Call yourself a fan, that is a joke with you stating that Hucke might get an away goal at Preston. He is suspended.

Would be more than happy with a point. Preston had a hard game Sunday and may suffer a reaction.

I''m going for 1-1

If we get the" rub of the green", and take one or two chances, I can see us pushing Preston hard, losing perhaps 2-1, or even drawing 1-1.Much depends on any reaction from the week-end, for Preston and us, and if we can keep Nugent quiet. Someone has got to mark and watch him in goalmouth scrambles.

Etuhu was a star on Saturday- covered every blade until PG too him off for a bit of extra creativity in Fotheringham. Huckerby''s absence should see us with a more solid 4-4-2 and an opportunity for Lappin to build on his good start. Hope PG also sticks with Hughes at right back- he did a pretty good job on Robben. I''d take a draw if offered though.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Etuhu was a star on Saturday- covered every blade until PG too him off for a bit of extra creativity in Fotheringham. Huckerby''s absence should see us with a more solid 4-4-2 and an opportunity for Lappin to build on his good start. Hope PG also sticks with Hughes at right back- he did a pretty good job on Robben. I''d take a draw if offered though.[/quote]no slight on etuhu intended - my inference was the timing of his suspension was convenient for him, given he''ll miss the game at his former club. 

I think you''re fairly close with the team there, except maybe Colin or Dublin will start instead.Preston looked half decent against Man City yesterday. Hard to see who will create or score our goals, especially with Hucks unavailable. Maybe young Martin can do us proud. We could hold out for a point, but I think a 1-0 win to Preston would be more likely.

Preston have played 4-3-3 a lot this season and we''ll have to wait and see whether Grant changes his formation accordingly tomorrow.

They have a lot of pace upfront and on the wings and they are very good at keeping teams on the back foot.  If were able to put their defence under sustained pressure then they will concede.

It''ll be a difficult game and when you take other factors into consideration I''d be happy with one point, but, Im going to be optimistic and say 1-0 to City.

Yeah, I''m hoping that this might be a chance for Martin to show us what he can do and the absence of Huckerby might mean that Lappin has the same opportunity. However, the pragmatist in me saw that they looked pretty handy against Man City yesterday. I think that I would be happy with a draw from this, its a tough fixture. Hope Martin gets a start. No sleight on Colin because I think he is a much improved player, but it would be pretty rough on Hughes to drop him after he did such an admirable job on Arjen Robben of all people. We must be getting close to Chadwick''s return, surely?  

so smudger, dont say your lost for word, are you? you made yourself look a real prat with the statement hux may get us a goal, unless of course you know the match is gonna be called off and he''ll be suspended for saturday instead?

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]4-0 to Preston.....and they will "do us proud" again.....[/quote]

If they do us proud again and play like they did Saturday, then it would be more like 0-4 Norwich. That''s the point.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]4-0 to Preston.....and they will "do us proud" again.....[/quote]

A unworthy sentiment Cluck.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]with hux and dicko suspended, conveniently in the latter case, marshall almost certainly crocked, dion knackered and rested for sat, my line up for preston wud be,  4-4-2

gallacher

hughes         doc                  shacks      drury

croft             safs                   fothers    lappin

martin               brown  

subs - colin, dion, joe, wly, spillane

after FA cup exploits by both sides, a drab 0-0 encounter and an away point would do us fine.                                                                                                       [/quote]We won''t see Safs by all accounts, suffering from "extreme tiredness" - not heard that one before, although he did play for morrocco before the blackpool game. This concerns me though, withh the likelihood being that poor old Hughes, just as he''s beginning to find some form at right back, may find himself in the engine room playing the Dicko role alongside Fozzy providing the passing.I think Dion is on fire at the moment - fitness wise as much as anything. He looks really trim and fit at the moment and looks like he could just play and play. I fancy him for another start at the back. Chadders can''t come back soon enough - I like Crofty but i just think he needs some time out at the moment.

Id take a point now but Preston are gonna be right up for this game. They need to keep their promotion hopes alive.

With no Huckerby, Gallacher in goal instead of Marshall and Chris Brown up front, its not looking good. Im gonna go 2-0 Preston. Sorry.

I get the impression you and smudger still wouldn''t be happy even if we won the championship next season and finished top 6 in the prem the year after, you''d both still be on here moaning and whinging that we didn''t win the prem, you both seem to secretly want this club to fail and its the failing that actually makes you happy, why do you support our club?

i''m not saying i''m happy with the league position either but, 6299 Fans had an awsome day on saturday (thats 6300 minus you, -.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-), it was a chance for us and the team to forget about the league and the crap situation worthy left us with and just go out there enjoy ourselves and have a go against one of the best teams in Europe, which we did well, Therefore the team and the Fans "DID US PROUD"

We''ll never be a top prem team and i wouldn''t want to be seeing the support from the chelsea fans its the same at Old Trafford and at the Emirates, i''m happy with my club are you two?

You sound like you want us to lose Cluck?

anything out of tomorrow''s game would be a huge bonus as preston are obviously very good at home in the championship. If we dig in we could pinch a point, you never know... even a win! OTBC 

[quote user="a1canary"]
We won''t see Safs by all accounts, suffering from "extreme tiredness" - not heard that one before, although he did play for morrocco before the blackpool game. This concerns me though, withh the likelihood being that poor old Hughes, just as he''s beginning to find some form at right back, may find himself in the engine room playing the Dicko role alongside Fozzy providing the passing.
I think Dion is on fire at the moment - fitness wise as much as anything. He looks really trim and fit at the moment and looks like he could just play and play. I fancy him for another start at the back. Chadders can''t come back soon enough - I like Crofty but i just think he needs some time out at the moment.
[/quote]

The thing about Hughes is that whatever he is asked to do he won''t fail through lack of effort or guts. If the central midfield has to be Hughes and Fotheringham then I really hope they put in a performance that makes it difficult for Grant to leave them out for the next game. Real competition would be the best incentive possible for Safri to stay fit and Etuhu to stay interested.

There are a couple of different permatations that could be used;

Gallagher

Hughes  Dublin  Shackell  Drury

Croft  Safri  Fotheringham  Lappin

Brown  Martin

Subs Lewis, Doc, Colin, McVeigh, Eagle

However, as we are awary to a decent side I wouldn''t be surprised at

Gallagher

Colin  Dublin  Shackell  Drury

Safri

Croft  Hughes  Fotheringham  Lappin

Brown

Subs Lewis, Doc, McVeigh, Eagle, Martin

As far as a result is concerned I suspect we will lose 1-0 or 2-0 but if we can get a draw it would be a great result. Just can''t see where our goals will come from.

I seriously think we can go to Preston and win. Having watched them on Sunday against Man City I can categorily say, they look distinctively average. All Preston are is a solid defensive unit, with David Nugent up front. Admitadly that''s all you need to get out of this division hence their lofty position in the league. If we can stop Nugent, I''m sure we can get at least a draw, as the Preston midfield is not blessed with creativity, and if we pressure Sedgewick (holding man in midfield) in possession he''ll give the ball away a lot as technically he''s not up to much. McKenna and Pugh in midfield are neat and tidy and solid, but that''s it. Agymeng the ex-Wimbledon player has pace up front, but no technical ability of note. They''ve got nothing!!! We should not be fearing this one at all. Play like we did at Chelsea and we WILL beat them. Of course, if we don''t play like we did at Chelsea, Nugent versus our defence....

I hate to say it but I cannot see beyond a comfortable Preston win. Yes they will be tired out but so will we - our boys looked shattered at the end of Saturday''s match and being a long way from home, under the floodlights in the grim old north I can see a 2-0 / 2-1 victory for the home team.

Disappointed to see Safri may need resting, with Hoozie maybe changing positions to cover - will he ever get a run in one place (preferably right-back)? With Doc likely to give DD a rest (he doesn''t usually train until Thursday), the defence is going to have to cope with three changes to the one starting against Chelski.Nevertheless, Colin has been much improved this season, or Cave-Brown may get the nod at RB since returning from Kings Lynn with some matches (and a goal!) under his belt. Shacks and Doc may yet surprise us by showing more cohesion and Gally could be motivated to prevent a fourth Goalie being loaned in this season! The two new Scots are more than capable, Croft has to score another soon and I fancy Chris Martin (not in that way [:$]) to prove Nugent isn''t the livliest striker at Deepdale tomorrow night.2-2, if we''re lucky! [:D]