Sign in to follow this  
Alan Johnson

They did us proud!

Not one fan could say anything against the team today......i thought that they were outstanding and the scoreline of 4-0 was very flattering for Chelsea.

If only that shot had gone in from D.E or Crofty''s follow up had not been cleared off the line!!!

But most of all 6000 fans sang thier hearts out for 90 minutes which was fantastic!!!

If we can play like that week in week out we will stay up no probs.

If i had to rate the players i would give them all 8/9 not one bad player on the pitch today in my opinion anyway.

Thanks for a GREAT DAY Norwich even losing 4-0 will stay in my memory.

Couldn''t agree more. We were excellent and could well have come away with a positive result. 4-0 was so harsh and very un-deserved!! Let''s continue playing like this and we''ll soon carve out some results!

Just got back from Chelsea and wanted to say that I have never been more proud of our team than I was today.

They gave it their all and I have to pick out Hughes for particular praise, he was awesome.

Well Done us 6300 fans too, never stopped singing right to the final whistle.

I''m feeling so much more positive about our future and hope that Cluck and Smudger were there to see what we saw today!

I agree with  your comments entirely, what a great show from all

the players dickson included where did that perfprmance come from?why

cant he produce that more often .The one  critisisim of the

day  is the Chelsea pitch it was awful,  they spend all this

money on the playing staff but stage they perform on  is second

rate like there support patchy with holes in it , they dont think its

worthy to cheer until they have a comfortable lead .I wouldnt 

swap places  with them , i would rather support a club in the real

world not in a cash warped  world . We now need to get a good

result against Preston & Coventry  and i think we can then

start to relax and enjoy the remainder of the season OTBC

Yeah, it was only one game and players do, admittedly, raise their game for these sorts of matches. But I have definitely seen encouraging signs in the last couple of games. If nothing else, we seem far less likely to drop our heads and seem to have more fight about us. I remember that we totally capitulated against Stoke before Christmas so being able to keep our heads up against Chelsea has to represent some kind of progress. I''m looking forward to Chadwick being in the mix, we have the makings of a pretty decent midfield imo. OTBC!! 

Errrrrr.....we lost 4-0 and Chelsea barely broke out into a sweat.

Yes I was there.....and it was just like when we played Tamworth...except that this time NCFC were the "plucky minnows" being "humoured" by the vastly superior team.

Did us proud my arse....and it comes to something when we can take pleasure from a good thrashing. With a big game mid-week....does anyone honestly believe they were trying?..............

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Yes I was there.....and it was just like when we played Tamworth...except that this time NCFC were the "plucky minnows" being "humoured" by the vastly superior team.

Did us proud my arse....and it comes to something when we can take pleasure from a good thrashing. With a big game mid-week....does anyone honestly believe they were trying?..............

[/quote]

You must have been at the wrong game then Cluck. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[/quote]

I agree, all this harping on about doing us proud. Cos yeah, of course, they''ve been doing us proud for the last 2 years haven''t they? [^o)]

We lost a game of football 4-bloody-nil!

[/quote]

I agree, all this harping on about doing us proud. Cos yeah, of course, they''ve been doing us proud for the last 2 years haven''t they? [^o)]

We lost a game of football 4-bloody-nil!

Or not there at all..............................................................

Some realities are only virtual...................

[ip]

Sorry cityangel....but I''m only relaying what I actually saw. We did lose 4-0 to a cantering Chelsea side on the day....and I can''t see how that can be viewed as anything other than a heavy defeat.

just seen the match of the day highlights. sorry but except for when chelsea put the ball in the net it looked mainly city, what a rubbish playing surface as well, marshall wasnt the only one to stumble and how on earth croft missed that sitter i have no idea but never mind, luck on the day and good reactions from boulahrouz. brown looked good as well, some very good play from what i saw. if they play like that more often we are out of danger, IF. and if they continue we are going to be strong contenders next season with a good summer.

OTBC onwards and upwards

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]Sorry cityangel....but I''m only relaying what I actually saw. We did lose 4-0 to a cantering Chelsea side on the day....and I can''t see how that can be viewed as anything other than a heavy defeat.[/quote]

I didn''t view that as a heavy defeat Cluck. I viewed that as a performance with guts, passion and determination which made me proud to be a  Norwich fan.

If you didn''t see any positives in that performance then there''s no hope for you.

What did others who saw the game think?

i agree with you angel they did do us proud all of them also have to say hughes was my city player of the game i''m thinking his defo a full back and not a midfielder.brown worked his socks off  lappin looks a good prospect all in all a good day and i suspect if you ask any of the fans that actually made the trip to stamford bridge they would all say they were proud to be a city fan yesterday

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]Sorry cityangel....but I''m only relaying what I actually saw. We did lose 4-0 to a cantering Chelsea side on the day....and I can''t see how that can be viewed as anything other than a heavy defeat.[/quote]

I didn''t view that as a heavy defeat Cluck. I viewed that as a performance with guts, passion and determination which made me proud to be a  Norwich fan.

If you didn''t see any positives in that performance then there''s no hope for you.

[/quote]

I saw the game CA.

And I think........................

.............................. that cluck didn''t [;)]

Cluck was there, NN... they showed him on telly leaning against the wall in his usual position.  Apparently he''s missed the last 6 games or so as he''s had to attend to official business in Russia, but is back to watch his Human play-things again.  Long live Roman Cluckovich - saviour to the modern game, but seemingly intent on getting Delia back for those hurtful "Russian Crook" jibes by her fans at Carrow Road...Anyways, I saw the game on the web, and I was proud of them.  4 goals was harsh, Mourinho even admitted that, and the BBC praised us too.  We didn''t go there and roll over, we put up a fight and were simply unlucky with 2 quality finishes from 2 world class players in injury time.  Given our performances of the last few seasons Chelsea could easily have walked all over us and got themselves a record victory (which I suspect is what Cluckovich was hoping for) but we didn''t simply lie down and take it, we were more than a match for them - the Premiership champions, one of the best teams in Europe (for all those "realists" to remember) - and could have come away with a couple of goals.If Cluck can''t see any positives in that at all, then I think we have to start asking the question: Why do you bother?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

You can''t take positives out of the game UNLESS you see that it has a positive reaction in the future months to come. This has yet to be realised, though we only have to wait until tommorow night to know if our game on Saturday was a turning point in our season, or to see if it''s the usual sub-standard, no-show, sh*te away performances we have come to know this season, last season and the season before that, and the fact that Saturday could have just been one of those games when the players knew it was a high profile game and were "up for it", either just to show off or for their own agendas (Etuhu) Which is a common occurence in big cup games.

It''s all very well saying they did us proud, yes they did well. But we lost 4-0. And they have to perform better in the league, because lets face it, we are still in a relegation battle. You can''t sit in 18th place in late February and deny that.

I agree with you wholeheartedly CA. I think we showed fight and, more importantly, I don''t think it was a one off as we have also shown more of a backbone in the two previous games against Leeds and Wolves, but only time will tell if we can carry it on. And Alex, no one is denying that we are still in trouble, I think that people are saying that Cluck and Smudger''s rabidly biased ''realism'' is going to be no help whatsoever in trying to dig ourselves out of it. 

Hmm- Jose Mourinho stated that we were the better team in the first half. But then he''s just another who must have been deluded by the Delia love in. Right.

They didn''t beat us at a canter- they were blooming lucky not to have to have come from behind. We weren''t plucky either- we played well, were in it right to the end and defended well until the last couple of minutes when half theteam were giving I their all. They were genuinely stretched.

But I guess as we didn''t win the World Cup on Saturday the effort won''t be enough for some folks.

Well, what I saw on the Internet was that with Hilario in goal we could

have leasily been drawing 2-2 at 90 mins. So I was happy with the

performance if not the result.

If we were slightly luckier... and all that.

Signed

Brown Owl

Ha ha ha.......

Squealia''s Brownie pack are out to play again I see........

[/quote]

Oh god, not more schoolboy stuff, complete with silly name calling this time!

Ha ha ha.......

[/quote]

You''re only jealous cos you want to be Brown Owl, Cluck... [:P]

"Squealia''s Brownie pack are out to play again I see........"

I''m so glad to see this hasn''t descended into playground name-calling.....[:(]

Cluck - I agree with some of the points you make about St Delia but you undermine yourself and your argument with these childish retorts and your inability to see any positives about NCFC - on or off the pitch.. 

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Ha ha ha.......

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you''ll find that I came second in the "silly name calling contest"....but I must confess that I do quite enjoy it     [:)]

As for EM....better Brown Owl than Brown Nose I guess eh?        [;)]

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Ha ha ha.......

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you''ll find that I came second in the "silly name calling contest"....but I must confess that I do quite enjoy it     [:)]

As for EM....better Brown Owl than Brown Nose I guess eh?        [;)]

[/quote]

Speaking of which Rudolph, It''s just about time to get yourself another alias. you''ve pretty well dried this one up.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Just got back from Chelsea and wanted to say that I have never been more proud of our team than I was today.

They gave it their all and I have to pick out Hughes for particular praise, he was awesome.

Well Done us 6300 fans too, never stopped singing right to the final whistle.

I''m feeling so much more positive about our future and hope that Cluck and Smudger were there to see what we saw today!

[/quote]

Never been more proud of that particular City line up or any NCFC team that you have seen take the field CITYANGEL???

Coz I could think of hundreds of occasions where I have felt far prouder to be a City fan!!!