Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Ahh my heart bleeds for you Youssef

[quote user="ncfc1"]

Ship him out of the club , how would the poor guy cope if he had to work 8 hours a day instead of 3 or 4 hours a week .

[/quote]

I''m wrong about Smudger, you are a supporter and I shou1dn''t of questioned it so apo1ogies to you. However I do be1ieve your constant negative posts without praise (ever) suggest you on1y get p1easure from trying to wind peop1e up, and quite frank1y, that''s pretty sad. Is your 1ife that du11?, were you a bu11ied chi1d?. It''s a shame because any genuine points raised by yourse1f wi11 not be taken serious1y...You need to 1earn to give praise when it''s due. Otherwise every post you makes you 1ook 1ike a binner and on1y here for the wind-up.

Binner?..Probaby not, No...Wind-up?...I''m not convinced you''re here for any other reason I''m afraid. 

But this idiot above, ncfc1, IS a b1atant binner ''who shou1d be shipped'' off this forum...and this I''m not wrong on. Every post is just spitefu11 one sentence b0110ck5.

I am going to sort of agree with smudger for once. Yes, i can understand he''s been to Morocco and back and so yes he has played 3 games in 8 days and would have to play 4 in 11 which is hard work. Yes, i play football and understand how hard it must be phyically to play at that level but that is why they are proffesionall, thats why they train / play 5 or 6 days a week, 46 weeks a year. They should have the fitness levels required, it appears to me Safri isnt fit enough.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Judy Finnegan ?[/quote]

Judy Dench............................I''ll let you do the rest.

[/quote]Wrench ?Tench ?Stench ?I give up.[;)]

I know you have trouble with the basics Smudger but why do you think it is that the top managers at top clubs all rest their players. No, can''t work it out yet, can''t think?? I''ll tell you then.

Its because it helps to keep them at their peak fitness so that they perform better. Remember how Ferguson got another couple of years out of Roy Keene through resting him? The top clubs have huge resources and can replace rested players with quality replacements so it happens more often.  

CFJ is spot on, if Safri plays when not 100% he will either play poorly or get injured. Where is the sense in that? The guy is being professional telling it how it is so that the correct decison is made.

Got it yet? No, thought not.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Judy Finnegan ?[/quote]

Judy Dench............................I''ll let you do the rest.

[/quote]Wrench ?Tench ?Stench ?I give up.[;)]

[/quote]WENCH!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]This post shows your lack of understanding of the game.

Have you ever played a game of football that didn''t involve jumpers for posts, Smudger ?
[/quote]

Yes thanks... Unibond League Guiseley Town being the highest stature of club that I have played a few games for.

I also briefly trained with Lowestoft Town about 2002 time.

[/quote]

Did you actually play? Or spend your time on the Dame Judy. Might be why you don''t understand this.

Safri is a professional playing at Championship level, so whilst his physich and stamina will be higher than yours was watching the game at Lowestoft, he is also playing at a level ever so slightly more competative. The two go hand in hand. The higher you play, the fitter you need to be. Just look at the amount of ex Championship players and managers who note the pace of playing in the Premiership and how it requires more focus on fitness.

[/quote]

and so the higher you go... it should only be right to expect higher levels of physical presence, fitness and recovery etc etc...

Still no sympathy for Safri I am afraid... and as for me playing for Lowestoft... it was my decision to stop training with them...

They didn''t seem keen enough in my opinion... when recognised players there were saying give this guy an immediate run out for the reserves at least if he has been on Guiseley''s books yet it seemed that the management weren''t even watching you close enough then you just thought what the point...  It was the equivalent of Norwich having a Premiership midfielder training for them and not giving him a run out with the reserve team in the first week or 2 he was there to see what he could do.

[/quote]

Thanks for this autobiography Smudger.  At least now we can understand where your bitterness and bile come from.  I''m sorry that you had these frustrating blocks on your playing career.  It must have been a great diisappointment.  I for one will make allowances for you based on this when you go OTT in your attacks on the club, players, fans, management and Board in the future rather than just assuming that you are being spiteful or malicious.

Best wishes.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]I guess the real question it raises is - if Grant knows Saf can''t play so many games on the trot why did he play him against Chelsea when the league games are considered more important?
[/quote]This is the most intelligent thing said on this matter. As many of you squabble the truth is that if he is unable to play that many games he should have not played in the chelsea game or the Blackpool one for that matter. Same goes for stiff old croft and anybody else who''s feeling the pace from out little cup run.

Smudger,

He isn''t seen as god by the majority of City fans for no reason is he?  Your post, I believe however does hold water. He does seem to need a rest every mid-season...surely this should be addressed at the training ground in fitness sessions though?

And anyhow, you''d need a rest after 3 games if you were played alongside Dickson stand-still Etuhu and had to do twice the running.

[quote]This is the most intelligent thing said on this matter. As many of you

squabble the truth is that if he is unable to play that many games he

should have not played in the chelsea game or the Blackpool one for

that matter. Same goes for stiff old croft and anybody else who''s

feeling the pace from out little cup run.[/quote]It''s a fair point, maybe Safri could have started on the bench, with Fotheringham in his place.  I''m not sure who you would have swapped Croft with, as Chadwick isn''t yet match-fit, maybe Hughes, with Colin starting at right-back ?  Do we yet have a squad big enough to allow us to rest our first choice players ?Besides, you try and tell a player that he can''t play at Stamford Bridge because he''s being rested for a wet Tuesday night in Lancashire...

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="John Boubepo"]I guess the real question it raises is - if Grant knows Saf can''t play so many games on the trot why did he play him against Chelsea when the league games are considered more important?[/quote]This is the most intelligent thing said on this matter. As many of you squabble the truth is that if he is unable to play that many games he should have not played in the chelsea game or the Blackpool one for that matter. Same goes for stiff old croft and anybody else who''s feeling the pace from out little cup run.[/quote]

Coz like MELLO Said further up the thread... we have such a gossamer thin squad that in the Blackpool game there was no option but to play Safri... As for what the excuse was at the weekend when Grant if knowing that Saf could not cope with 3 games in 11 days, or 4 games in 14 days should of rested him against Chelsea answers on a postcard please PG???.

Me???  I just think Safri is c**p.

He is 29 ... if Dion can manage 2 games a week at 37 then what is up with Safri doing likewise???

Safri should at least have another couple of years on the clock before time should really start cathing him up...

Sorry but what exactly has Youssef Safri done for NCFC exactly???  Think of all the players that have had much more abuse on here yet done a far better job for the club...

I will be over the moon when Granty sees fit to get shot of him!!!

[quote user="John Boubepo"]I guess the real question it raises is - if Grant knows Saf can''t play so many games on the trot why did he play him against Chelsea when the league games are considered more important?
[/quote]

Hmmmmm I was thinking the same, but am not going to start bashing the manager as he is just beginning to get it right...

Thing is when you look at Youssefs record it tells you that for one reason or another he''ll never play a full season.

If he was able to play all the way through then he''d probably play for a bigger/better club than Norwich. He''s a good footballer, ok he lacks a little bit of pace, but he is quality.

blimey, it''s hard enough walking home from anglia square with the shopping bags, let alone playing footie for a squillion quid 4 times a week. How about 38 hours a week for a kick about for more than 6 quid an hour anyone? I''m offering my services.

perhaps some community service might focus the mind(s) of these poor chaps for those of us who pay their wages?

sorry, got to do the ironing, sweeping and child-minding.

Do you ever look on the positive side if Safri does not play then it gives a chance to Fozzy.

If Norwich won 3 nil you would be moaning that they did not score 4, just get a life and start supporting the team.

Smudge , You old boy , you have given me a enough clues to know who you are , you were one of the best players to play and train with Lowestoft , You could have made it easy for your self in midfield ,you could have gone on to something a lot better , but you gave it all up , why ?     A  long time before you i  played for Norfolk youth , i gave it all up because i enjoyed shooting far more , i reget it now  of course , you make your bed , etc , etc. what few games i saw you in  your intelligence was at the foremost , you did seem a long way in front of your time , you could have been one of the best ball playing midfielders ever out of Norfolk , why did you give it all up?

this whole topic is a joke. why is safri the only one whose knackered? as someone points out earlier, if dublin can play 4 games in 14 days ALL the players should be able to. this is typical of how poor the club has been managed over the last year or so, as if we had a bigger and better squad we would be able to cope with the likes of safri being tired, hux suspended etc.

Some people are just so clueless it makes me want to pull my hair out. I cant even be bothered to deal with you bunch of deadbeats who claim that Safri is a disgrace etc etc until tomorrow as I am tired.

even Dion who is many years his senior can manage three games in a week!. No defence send him packin Grant i will never support this guy again!, in our current relegation battle twinned with the injuries we need one of our most senior and well paid pros standing up and being counted-CANCEL HIS CONTRACT!

[quote user="Two Tails"]Some people are just so clueless it makes me want to pull my hair out. I cant even be bothered to deal with you bunch of deadbeats who claim that Safri is a disgrace etc etc until tomorrow as I am tired.
[/quote]

hehehe Some of the people who called Canary Call had obviously been reading this thread earlier today!!!

Is it beacuse you and Peter had a fall out Youssef?  Did PG accuse you of being a lazy git who is more interested in playing for his second rate country than performing for a club and public that pays his wages???

If so then I say well done PG.... Youssef needs a good kick up the @rse every week not just once or twice a year (the amount of occasions that he actually decides he may try and put in a performance).

I was surprised that Chris Goreham didn''t ask about Safri when he interviewed Grant after the game.

[quote user="cityangel"]I was surprised that Chris Goreham didn''t ask about Safri when he interviewed Grant after the game.[/quote]

I don''t think he would dare after the formation query a while back Angel.

He would probably say " I pick the team Laddie, ye stick to commentating !"

Sorry to but in ,but wouldn''t most other clubs with such a limited squad have put safri on the bench,just in case someone got injured or God forbid we lost a goal and maybe needed a bit of impetus later in the game.Unless the guy is injured surely he can put in 20 mins @ the end of the game.Also as a senior pro it must be benifcal to have him around even if this means that he must travel up to Preston on a wet tuesday night when he may well have allready booked a hair appointment or manicure which would be Soooo dificult to cancel @such short notice.Also on the subject of Dublin,Ithink,maybe,that he too was Knackered after sat but told Grant that he would give him maybe 30 mins to steady the ship  and then come off allowing the donkey to take over after the initial Preston onslaught had been repelled.To my untrained eyes the guy didn''t look crocked when he came off.Finally i have allways found the Unibond league to be of a really good standard so maybe this Smudger chap may know a thing or two about football after all.Then again maybe not.

Basically safri is the best midfielder we have at the club by some margin. If you could either have A. Youseff Safri for 75% of our games or B. Andy Hughes for 100% of our games, who would it be? We need more quality at this club not less it''s a bit of a no brainer really.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Hmmmmm I was thinking the same, but am not going to start bashing the manager as he is just beginning to get it right...

[/quote]

Again the benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing!

If Grant had rested Croft, Dublin and Safri on Saturday he would have been crucified on this board for not taking the cup seriously.

There were loads of threads on here last week with posters picking their preferred team for the Chelsea game, all those people know that Dublin is in his late thirties and that Safri finds it difficult to stay fit and that Croft has been struggling to be properly fit since his injury. So how many posters teams rested them??

The manager has to pick a team for each match BEFORE kickoff!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Basically safri is the best midfielder we have at the club by some margin.

If you could either have A. Youseff Safri for 75% of our games or B. Andy Hughes for 100% of our games, who would it be? We need more quality at this club not less it''s a bit of a no brainer really.
[/quote]

That doesn''t say much... I would rather play myself than Andy Hughes and I haven''t pulled on a pair of boots in anger for at least a couple of years or so now!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]I guess the real question it raises is - if Grant knows Saf can''t play so many games on the trot why did he play him against Chelsea when the league games are considered more important?[/quote]

[/quote]

If Grant had rested Croft, Dublin and Safri on Saturday he would have been crucified on this board for not taking the cup seriously.

There were loads of threads on here last week with posters picking their preferred team for the Chelsea game, all those people know that Dublin is in his late thirties and that Safri finds it difficult to stay fit and that Croft has been struggling to be properly fit since his injury. So how many posters teams rested them??

[/quote]Hindsight or lack of forward planning? the job of a manager is errr- to manage, not rocket science is it? that means manage with what you''ve got and make the best of what you''ve got, if you know one of your best players [Grant hasn''t won without Saf] can''t play two games in a week then why play him in a game you have no chance of winning in the FA cup and then rest him in a vital league game we can win but end up [surprise, surprise]  losing?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Basically safri is the best midfielder we have at the club by some margin. If you could either have A. Youseff Safri for 75% of our games or B. Andy Hughes for 100% of our games, who would it be? We need more quality at this club not less it''s a bit of a no brainer really. [/quote]

That doesn''t say much... I would rather play myself than Andy Hughes and I haven''t pulled on a pair of boots in anger for at least a couple of years or so now!!!

[/quote]Come on i know Andy Hughes isn''t very good but he''s better than a Lowestoft Town reject

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hindsight or lack of forward planning? the job of a manager is errr- to manage, not rocket science is it? that means manage with what you''ve got and make the best of what you''ve got, if you know one of your best players [Grant hasn''t won without Saf] can''t play two games in a week then why play him in a game you have no chance of winning in the FA cup and then rest him in a vital league game we can win but end up [surprise, surprise]  losing?
[/quote]

Yes JB but hindsight is why you are suggesting it was a lack of forward planning. You''re maybe right, I wouldn''t argue with you because I don''t know. What I do know is that Grant has said things in the past that give the impression that he wants to play the best available team for each game and that is surely what most people want. There have been enough posts on here in the past slagging off Worthy for "resting" players in Cup matches.

Fotheringham was on the bench for the Chelsea game and started against Preston. It could be Grant rates him as highly as Safri or even more highly. When Fotheringham couldn''t play against Blackpool it was interesting that Grant played him in the reserves instead, so obviously he felt that he needed pitch time. He is definitely a part of Grants plans as is Etuhu who Grant has stated will come back in the side as soon as he is fit. I for one would not be surprised if Grant was to decide his first choice centre midfield pairing was Etuhu and Fotheringham.

I rate Safri but he has never been fit enough to keep his place in the side over a long period. He is a player that the manager inherited. He is also a fans favourite who has done well for us whenever he has played. I have no hard evidence to back this up but from what I have seen of Grant so far I am not convinced he rates Safri as highly as we do.