Sign in to follow this  
Tacklebury

Just what the doctor ordered....

Following on from Colin''s, and then Mick McCarthy''s comments about hoping to give the top two the "jitters", I''m delighted to see Worthy''s bullish statement today, saying that we will get promoted. It suggests that he doesn''t want to look over his shoulder, but concentrate on getting the necessary points quickly to ensure we go up automatically.

Hopefully this positive outlook will inspire the players to start playing for the full 90 minutes, as opposed to the second half (or even less than that, on Saturday''s evidence!) and we''ll get a win on Saturday.

Anyone agree?? Or does anyone think this may be the wrong thing to say, given the poor performances of late??

Well done Worthy. Despite a couple of poor performances of late I''m still confident, and always have been we''ll get promoted. I know we have the players, the ability, the manager and the confidence to do it. McCarthy, Warnock, Pardew and anybody else can throw as much psychology into the mix as they like. We know the truth:

Keep playing well, concentrate on our performances and what we do best and we''ll make the promised land. Stuff what anybody else does.