Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Boy

Typical Norwich luck

Typical. One of only about two so-called "easy" games left at Carrow Road this season, and Coventry will be arriving with a new manager who will probably enjoy a bit of a honeymoon.

I''m already tipping McKenzie to score on his return, but with Iain Dowie on board I''m fearful that we''ll now do well just to get a point.

We need at least a point at Preston (which I doubt we''ll get) and a victory over Coventry. If we get less than four points from those two games, wins at Luton AND Barnsley become necessities, IMO.

Are you sure ? It was a transfer, not some loan arrangement.

Well I think NW made a big mistake with not playing two up front, Earnshaw & McKenzie.

After a few reasonable displays at the start of this season one up front was enough. McKenzie got on the bench and out of Carrow Road.

McKenzie was and is a goalscorer and what do we still need now ????

Yesss a goalscorer ... Croft hardly ever scores, neither does Brown sofar, our whole midfield, also the new players, are not great goalscorers.

Only Earnshaw, Huckerby, Dublin and hopefuly Martin .... you will never never get near the play-offs ... I hope I''m wrong.

And I still think McKenzie is a great player, works 200%, motivator, scorer ... look back on your DVD''s in the Premiership when he was one of the best !

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I thought it was part of the deal when McKenzie left that he couldn''t play Saturday?

[/quote]

I would doubt that to be the case Nutty...

He couldn''t play against Cov at the Ricoh (just after he left us), but surely he can play at Carrow Road?

Otherwise where would it end for godsake?  Can he not play against us next year either, or the year after that???

he cant play on Saturday.. bloody silly if u ask me! Once u sign a player he is yours and u can do what the hell u like with him.. if i was Coventry id of told Norwich where to go im Afraid!

jas :)

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I thought it was part of the deal when McKenzie left that he couldn''t play Saturday?

[/quote]

He couldn''t play against Cov at the Ricoh (just after he left us), but surely he can play at Carrow Road?

Otherwise where would it end for godsake?  Can he not play against us next year either, or the year after that???

[/quote]

Smudger -- You meant that he couldn''t play against Norwich at the Ricoh ? ..........the Sky Blues would probably have noticed that one !!

Under the terms of the transfer Mckenzie cannot play for Coventry against Norwich this season in either League fixture. Whether that understanding covered Cup games wasn''t put to the test.

As to whether he can play against us next year will of course depend if Coventry -- or perhaps less likely, the Canaries, -- can save themselves from slipping out of the Championship.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger -- You meant that he couldn''t play against Norwich at the Ricoh ? ..........the Sky Blues would probably have noticed that one !!

Under the terms of the transfer Mckenzie cannot play for Coventry against Norwich this season in either League fixture. Whether that understanding covered Cup games wasn''t put to the test.

As to whether he can play against us next year will of course depend if Coventry -- or perhaps less likely, the Canaries, -- can save themselves from slipping out of the Championship.

[/quote]

I did too... will have to watch what I am writing and where I am putting my for''s and against''s today I can see!!!  [*-)]

As for the terms of the deal which saw him go to Coventry... if your above statement is FACT then did Delia & Co know that we were planning for a relagtion fight with Coventry in late Feb, way back in early September do you think SMITHY MUST???

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

Well I think NW made a big mistake with not playing two up front, Earnshaw & McKenzie.

After a few reasonable displays at the start of this season one up front was enough. McKenzie got on the bench and out of Carrow Road.

Yesss a goalscorer ... Croft hardly ever scores, neither does Brown sofar, our whole midfield, also the new players, are not great goalscorers.

Only Earnshaw, Huckerby, Dublin and hopefuly Martin .... you will never never get near the play-offs ... I hope I''m wrong.

And I still think McKenzie is a great player, works 200%, motivator, scorer ... look back on your DVD''s in the Premiership when he was one of the best ![/quote]

While I''d have liked Leon to stay.... how many goals has he scored for Coventry this season?

hes scored 6! he would be 2nd top scorer behind an injured earnshaw so he would be our main goal threat and we wouldnt need the awful chris brown!

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="YellowRoad"]

And I still think McKenzie is a great player, works 200%, motivator, scorer ... look back on your DVD''s in the Premiership when he was one of the best ![/quote]

While I''d have liked Leon to stay.... how many goals has he scored for Coventry this season?

[/quote]

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=5178

6 in 20 games

jas :)

[quote user="La_Magic"]hes scored 6! he would be 2nd top scorer behind an injured earnshaw so he would be our main goal threat and we wouldnt need the awful chris brown![/quote]

6? Is that it? After moving for a million pound and not having the likes of Earnshaw to compete with.

I was a huge fan of Neon Leon when he played for City but really he''s a bit of a nearly man. He''ll work his socks off and he''ll score a few goals but he''s not quite the quality you''d really want to take the club forward.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="La_Magic"]hes scored 6! he would be 2nd top scorer behind an injured earnshaw so he would be our main goal threat and we wouldnt need the awful chris brown![/quote]

6? Is that it? After moving for a million pound and not having the likes of Earnshaw to compete with.

I was a huge fan of Neon Leon when he played for City but really he''s a bit of a nearly man. He''ll work his socks off and he''ll score a few goals but he''s not quite the quality you''d really want to take the club forward.

[/quote]It''s alright we have magic boots Thorne banging them in left right and centre! - I really wish we had kept McKenzie as he actually tried to play for the team. Might not have been the best but I think 6 extra goals for us and his enthusiasm would have gone a long way.

[quote user="Grumpy "]The pity regarding McKenzie is that he left after falling out with Worthington. Now both are gone and we lost a fighter in Mckenzie who gives his all. Just what we need now. [/quote]

Is it just me, or are other people also getting fed up with players and managers and coaches who "give their all"?

I''d give my all if I played for City - but I''d still be total rubbish.

Giving your all should be the bare minimum - it should go without saying. The bottom line is that a lot of our on-field and off-field staff in recent seasons have just not been good enough.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did too... will have to watch what I am writing and where I am putting my for''s and against''s today I can see!!!  [*-)]

As for the terms of the deal which saw him go to Coventry... if your above statement is FACT then did Delia & Co know that we were planning for a relagtion fight with Coventry in late Feb, way back in early September do you think SMITHY MUST???

[/quote]

No, Smudger, I don''t think even our dear ol'' Delia would have thought of that one...........

But I''m pretty certain that, under the terms of his transfer, McKenzie won''t figure in the Coventry squad on Saturday.

The reason is probably something to do with the unsavoury way he left our club. For once I felt sorry for Nigel Worthington for the way McKenzie engineered his move and I think NW was determined that he wouldn''t play against us this season. Little did the manager know that he''d be shown the door shortly afterwards ( although perhaps Delia DID know that one was coming.......... )

I was disappointed in the manner McKenzie left NCFC. Whilst I felt he was a fair footballer who gave 100% humility wasn''t his middle name. Many footballers suffer from the same affliction but coming from a '' bigging it up '' boxing background - Duke McKenzie is his uncle I believe - Leon was never slow to trumpet his own abilities.

Having already having listened to McKenzie boast how Coventry would beat us at The Ricoh this term -and been hammered 3-0 - I think I can wait until at least next season to see if he can personally put all his words into actions .....................