Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

grant has lost the plot!!

no i dont mean with the team he picked although that is dubious, but for the SECOND time in 6 games he SUBS a SUB! what the hell is he doing? he really is out of his depth! he is making himself look so foolish its unreal.

He made the mistake by putting Thorne on in the first place.

To remove him is imo a tactical decision for the better.

Cant beleive we didnt let Thorne go out on loan. Better still, perhaps the Club could come to some mutual financial arrangement so Thorne doesnt have to sit around waiting for his chance. 

[quote user="baldyboy"]no i dont mean with the team he picked although that is dubious, but for the SECOND time in 6 games he SUBS a SUB! what the hell is he doing? he really is out of his depth! he is making himself look so foolish its unreal.[/quote]

And you''ll look unfoolish if Thorne had an injury.

Baldyboy,

I would far rather he realised that something isn''t working and tries to change it than just sticking with something just because he thinks he''ll look stupid for subbing a sub. Its a no-brainer.  

But if we had let Thorne out on loan would we of replaced him.....no...we never replace strikers that we lose to injury or sell.  We are facing a relegation dogfight without a recognised centre forward at the football club..... What bloody chance have we go ?! it''s absolutely scandalous, Delia Smith hang your head in shame !!

Grant NEVER had the plot to lose. He is way out of his depth as I''ve previously stated. The board and Doncaster are no better. It is obvious to anyone that we need two quality player, but what is the additional money made from the Chelsea being spent on NOT a striker that might get us out of the s***.

BOYCOTT THE COVENTRY GAME PROTEST LOUD AND PROUD. THE BOARD WILL LISTEN WHEN THE TILLS STOP RINGING.    

And exactly how much money will the club lose if 20000 seats have already been sold and paid for as season tickets?????

A boycott will do nthing to help the situation, it will affect the little confidence the players already have and guarentee we end up in Div 1!

Barbie i partly agree though maybe we need to go down to go up, it''s not the end of the world as some think, but we would never hold onto what quality we have i.e. Hucks, Shackell, Safri, Earnie, Croft and finacially we could be ruined.

Grumpy, that is the most idiotic post I have ever read.  The board didn''t walk out of Stamford Bridge with a bag full of fivers, IT DOESN''T WORK LIKE THAT.  And anyway how the hell do you know that we aren''t looking for striker, or a centre half or a replacement goalkeeper.  We can only sign players who A. want to come B. who''s clubs will let them come C. if financially it is value for money.  We are not Chelsea, Villa, Man Utd or Birmingham, we do not have super rich investors.  And anyway, vast sums of cash guarantee nothing, just ask a West Ham fan... 

None of us outsiders actually know what goes on behind the closed doors of the boardroom, training ground, treatment room etc.etc.  You can boycott the Coventry game if you like, I doubt anyone would actually give a toss in all fairness.

this Grant cant do nout wrong mentality is really starting to wind me up, what is 4 wins in 15, terrific. I have said from day one the guy is not good enough. He was a very average player, who wants to respect him, he could not entice a ghost to a haunting, be fair who wants to play for him, maybe some two bob scottish reserves, cant believe their luck coming here.

Us doom mongers get knocked but the way things stand, we have more chance of being right, than you everything is rosy at carrer brigade. We love city as much as you but we can see where it is going, Div 1.

We are now in serious trouble, relegation is on the cards, lose saturday we are really in the mud, games in hand are only good if you win them, our form at the moment does not give me confidence we can do that.

We need a one off Demo let HRH Delia know we know whats happening, She needs to know we are not little ol'' norridge, we the fans dont believe it and want action, good start get rid of this muppet grant.

In reply to Jimmy 500. Never mind, if you are happy to watch City playing 1st division football that is up to you, but  we have a new boiler for the under soil heating should come in handy next winter when we are playing the likes of Brentford and world beaters like Crewe. N.C.F.C by their own admission made 300k from the Chelsea game which was not budgeted for. That being the case they could go and get a quality striker on loan NOW but wont. It appears to me that the board are prepared to let City slip into the 1st division without a fight.       

I agree that grants record isn''t great but lets not forget that he has inherited a club on the slide with a seriously below average squad of players.  The horrific injury to Earnshaw has really hit us hard and that is not Grant''s fault.  I wonder what his record would be if we still had Earnshaw to bang in the goals.

One thing that really annoys me about your post is the fact you say he was a very average player.  Nobody plays at the the top level for Celtic week in week out unless they have some quality, don''t forget that we got PG in the twilight of his career.  If you think that PG was a bad player look for some quotes from Ally McCoist.

Grumpy, I would imagine that we are looking for a loan striker, probably also a defender and maybe even goalkeeper cover.  My point is what makes you think that any club would let a proven goal scorer go out on loan.  I am quite sure that there are loads of Peter Thornes, Ryan Jarvis'' and Chris Browns available on loan but we do not need any of them, we need a proven scorer.  We wont get one because anyone who has one will want to keep them.  Especially with the season now getting to the crucial stage.

Stop being quite so niaive and look at the bigger picture.  Yes we need to avoid relegation and look to next season, whether we will or not I just don''t know.  Will it be anybodys fault, no, because that is football.  Nobody is too good to go down, look at Forest, Shef Wed, West Ham, Charlton, Southampton, Birmingham.

Oh, and by the way.  I won''t be watching city at all next season regardless of divisional status.  Because despite all my optimism, defence of people etc. I have quite simply had enough of mediocrity at norwich, and football in general.

[quote user="jdungos"]

And exactly how much money will the club lose if 20000 seats have already been sold and paid for as season tickets?????

A boycott will do nthing to help the situation, it will affect the little confidence the players already have and guarentee we end up in Div 1!

Barbie i partly agree though maybe we need to go down to go up, it''s not the end of the world as some think, but we would never hold onto what quality we have i.e. Hucks, Shackell, Safri, Earnie, Croft and finacially we could be ruined.

[/quote]

Don''t worry, they''ve "budgeted for relegation" or so they tell us.  According to ND they didn''t budget for "changes in the management team" though . . . why not???  I''d have thought it was err, "prudent" for every club, no matter how successful, to have a contingency in case they have to sack the manager. 

btw "a season in League 1"!? As if we will automatically come straight back up at the drop of a hat?  I don''t think so . . . have you forgotten we were "On loan to the Endsleigh" in 1996/7?

Ricky,

I honestly think that this ''everything is rosy at carrer brigade'' is a figment of your imagination. I can''t remember seeing more any posts saying that we have no problems, its just that some people disagree with you about what is the most effective way of dealing with them.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="jdungos"]

[/quote]

Don''t worry, they''ve "budgeted for relegation" or so they tell us.  According to ND they didn''t budget for "changes in the management team" though . . . why not???  I''d have thought it was err, "prudent" for every club, no matter how successful, to have a contingency in case they have to sack the manager. 

btw "a season in League 1"!? As if we will automatically come straight back up at the drop of a hat?  I don''t think so . . . have you forgotten we were "On loan to the Endsleigh" in 1996/7?

[/quote]

You''re damn right there... and under the current boardroom set up we have less than no chance of coming straight back up!!! [:@]

I agree that Grant''s record isn''t briliiant but I refuse to blame him if we''re relegated. I''ll blame the board. Lack of funds put McCleish off the job so we were left with Granty. In my opinion he''s doing his best as a new manager, I can''t blame him if we go down, the board''s persistent lack of ambition will be to blame.