Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Guess What?

With 2 games in hand on the clubs beneath us and 3 games in hand on Southend.

we weren''t likely to win tonight though were we? seemed like a good effort too. Can''t expect miracles at the moment. A win at the weekend and things will look a lot better i''m sure. keep the faith.

[quote user="cityangel"]With 2 games in hand on the clubs beneath us and 3 games in hand on Southend.[/quote]

Yeah, but games in hand we could well lose.

id take the points over the games Canary Angel.. once we have got the points they are in the bag.. theres no gaurentee we will win the games.. but if we had the points in the bag then they are safe and no one can do anythi9ng

jas :)

[quote user="cityangel"]With 2 games in hand on the clubs beneath us and 3 games in hand on Southend.[/quote]

Be honest CA,

Can you see us winning those games in hand?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Be honest CA,

[/quote]

I think we''ll beat Luton out of the two in hand, but more importantly I think we''ll get 6 points against Coventry and Barnsley which will move us up towards the safety zone.

I can''t see Southend, Hull, Leeds surviving to be honest.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Be honest CA,

[/quote]

I think we''ll beat Luton out of the two in hand, but more importantly I think we''ll get 6 points against Coventry and Barnsley which will move us up towards the safety zone.

[/quote]

If we get 9 points from the games against Coventry, Barnsley and Luton then I will eat my pants on the centre circle of Carrow Road if Delia alows me her kind permission of making a tit out of myself at half-time in the following match!!!

As for the 3 going down I can definetely see Hull staying up... will it be us that takes their place???

It is so tight at the bottom I think that it could be any 3 of 6 clubs that fal through the trap door....  if you offered me a chance of us going in to the last game of the season knowing a win would definetly keep us up then I would bite your hand off for it right now... that''s how bad things really are!!!

Andy Marshall has yet to be on the losing side against City. Let''s hope on Saturday that there''s a first time for everything.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Be honest CA,

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we get 9 points from the games against Coventry, Barnsley and Luton then I will eat my pants on the centre circle of Carrow Road if Delia alows me her kind permission of making a tit out of myself at half-time in the following match!!!

As for the 3 going down I can definetely see Hull staying up... will it be us that takes their place???

It is so tight at the bottom I think that it could be any 3 of 6 clubs that fal through the trap door....  if you offered me a chance of us going in to the last game of the season knowing a win would definetly keep us up then I would bite your hand off for it right now... that''s how bad things really are!!!

[/quote]

Presumably not on a matchday though, as your protest doesn''t allow you to attend matches, remember.

I just can''t see Southend, Hull, Barnsley, Leeds or QPR getting any more points than us, plus some of them have to play each other.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Be honest CA,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Presumably not on a matchday though, as your protest doesn''t allow you to attend matches, remember.

[/quote]

I will make an exception for you as obviously we may of turned a corner if those results are anything to go by...

I will attend, paying for the price of my own ticket and eating my pants with cheese in the centre circle...  don''t tell WLY though as he will no doubt be chasing me around the pitch for scraps of cheese!!!

Sorry Paul... I still Love You really!!!

Be honest CA,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hope it happens Smudger, because thats got to be worth the entrance fee alone. Ha Ha Ha

Seriously though, a win against Coventry and a couple of away draws will be acceptable and a more likely scenario also.

But I will be praying for the 9 points just for the spectacle. Ha Ha Ha

[quote user="cityangel"]I just can''t see Southend, Hull, Barnsley, Leeds or QPR getting any more points than us, plus some of them have to play each other.[/quote]

I think that is our most realistic hope for survival CA...  [Y]

There are still 6 teams below us who at least 3 of which have to close the gap and then continue to pick up points...

Our best hope for survival is just to pray that come May there are 3 worse teams than NCFC!!!

Be honest CA,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger, you''re on.  I have an even better idea.  The pants you are wearing right now are lucky pants, trust me.  You have to wear them every day (unwashed of course) until we''ve played those three teams.  Chances are, it will be enough to secure the 9 points we hope for.  Then . . . munch away!

I agree with cityangel that those 5 teams look awful this year. 

Looking at each team it is difiicult to see any of them surviving on

their own merits, only on other teams being worse.

I don''t think that 50 points will be needed to survive this year.

smudger, for us to go down, 4 teams have to overtake us and stay there which means, 4 of these have to happen:

Luton:          get 1 more point than us (from 2 less games) and make up   2 goals.

Barnsley:      get 2 more points than us (from 3 less games) and make up   9 goals.

QPR:           get 3 more points than us (from 2 less games) and make up   4 goals.

Hull:             get 5 more points than us (from 2 less games) and make up 4+ goals.

Southend:     get 6 more points than us (from 3 less games) and make up 10 goals.

Leeds:          get 6 more points than us (from 2 less games) and make up 12 goals.

(we would be above Hull on goals scored even with them having scored 4 more)

Also these have to not happen:

Ipswich:      we get 2 more points than them (from 2 more games) and make up 6 goals.

Burnley:      we get 2 more points than them (from 2 more games) and make up 9 goals.

well that made me feel better anyway, I presonally don''t see 4 of those happening.

Also note that on saturday we host Coventry (15th) while Ipswich go to

Southampton (6th) and Burnley go to Colchester (9th, 2nd best home

record in league), so the two immeadiately above us could easily lose.

[so could we but i''m trying to look on the bright side, hence why I''m

looking upwards.]

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Be honest CA,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger, you''re on.  I have an even better idea.  The pants you are wearing right now are lucky pants, trust me.  You have to wear them every day (unwashed of course) until we''ve played those three teams.  Chances are, it will be enough to secure the 9 points we hope for.  Then . . . munch away!

[/quote]

Why are these lucky pants MYSTIC???

A victory against Cov and a victory against Luton and I may just buy a pair of edible pants by the time we play Barnsley...

In all seriousness though can''t see it happening for all the world... then again knowing Norwich maybe a comment such as mine above is just what they need to pull out the most unthinkable sequence of results that will see us climb to safety!!!

[quote user="7rew"]I agree with cityangel that those 5 teams look awful this year.  Looking at each team it is difiicult to see any of them surviving on their own merits, only on other teams being worse.

smudger, for us to go down, 4 teams have to overtake us and stay there which means, 4 of these have to happen:

Luton:          get 1 more point than us (from 2 less games) and make up   2 goals.
Barnsley:      get 2 more points than us (from 3 less games) and make up   9 goals.
QPR:           get 3 more points than us (from 2 less games) and make up   4 goals.
Hull:             get 5 more points than us (from 2 less games) and make up 4+ goals.
Southend:     get 6 more points than us (from 3 less games) and make up 10 goals.
Leeds:          get 6 more points than us (from 2 less games) and make up 12 goals.

Ipswich:      we get 2 more points than them (from 2 more games) and make up 6 goals.
Burnley:      we get 2 more points than them (from 2 more games) and make up 9 goals.

well that made me feel better anyway, I presonally don''t see 4 of those happening.

Also note that on saturday we host Coventry (15th) while Ipswich go to Southampton (6th) and Burnley go to Colchester (9th, 2nd best home record in league), so the two immeadiately above us could easily lose. [so could we but i''m trying to look on the bright side, hence why I''m looking upwards.]

[/quote]

Good post 7rew.

People forget that games are now running out. I can''t see any reason to think that 4 teams already below us are suddenly going to start picking up more than the point a game they have so far averaged.

You can always make a mathematical case but its big odds on that you can perm any 3 from the bottom 5. I seriously doubt that third bottom will get any more than 47 points tops. City will make the low 50''s.

Some people are saying that Ipswich could come here and put us down. Far more likely that we could be doing the same to them.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="7rew"]I agree with cityangel that those 5 teams look awful this year.  Looking at each team it is difiicult to see any of them surviving on their own merits, only on other teams being worse.

Also note that on saturday we host Coventry (15th) while Ipswich go to Southampton (6th) and Burnley go to Colchester (9th, 2nd best home record in league), so the two immeadiately above us could easily lose. [so could we but i''m trying to look on the bright side, hence why I''m looking upwards.]

[/quote]

Good post 7rew.

People forget that games are now running out. I can''t see any reason to think that 4 teams already below us are suddenly going to start picking up more than the point a game they have so far averaged.

You can always make a mathematical case but its big odds on that you can perm any 3 from the bottom 5. I seriously doubt that third bottom will get any more than 47 points tops. City will make the low 50''s.

Some people are saying that Ipswich could come here and put us down. Far more likely that we could be doing the same to them.

[/quote]

Take a look where the likes of Southend, Leeds and Barnsely are compared to ourselves in the current form tables then...

There is more than enough evidence there to suggest that we could find ourselves in the bottom 3 very soon indeed!!!

Did you see Marshall drop the ball in typical style against Southampton leading to their equalizer?- May well hand City a couple of points towards safety.

Ricardo, us doing the same to the is not in my opinion far more likely.

the are both about as likely as each other, and I consider neither very

likely.

You do make an interesting point, I have only just considered the number of games left as another factor.

Thes are the figures in points per game needed to finish level on

points with us, dependant on the points per game we manage. anything

over 1.5 means we finish with over 60 points.

Norwich:              

0.75         50 pts = 0.87

Current=1.19

Burnley:               

Ipswich:               0.42

Luton:                  0.65

Barnsley:              0.79

QPR:                      0.81

Hull:                      0.96

Southend:             1.13

Leeds:                  1.04

The current figure for comparison are:

Norwich:              1.19

Burnley:                1.18   

Ipswich:               1.18   

Luton:                  1.09    

Barnsley:              1.03    

QPR:                    1.03   

Hull:                     0.97   

Southend:             0.91

Leeds:                  0.94 

The intressting notes are that:

If we average over 1 point permatch, Ipswich and Barnsley need more points per match than us.

If we continue at our current rate then 5 teams need to exceed the

points gained by winning half and losing the other half, and Southend

would need to win half draw half.

Remeber for us to be relegated, at most 2 teams must fail to make the required number of points per match.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Be honest CA,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why are these lucky pants MYSTIC???

A victory against Cov and a victory against Luton and I may just buy a pair of edible pants by the time we play Barnsley...

In all seriousness though can''t see it happening for all the world... then again knowing Norwich maybe a comment such as mine above is just what they need to pull out the most unthinkable sequence of results that will see us climb to safety!!!

[/quote]

Smudger, like Wiz I have special powers . . . I just KNOW.  Should we fail to achieve maximum points from those three games, we''ll know whose fault it is won''t we . . . Smudger OUT! 

Ok Smudger:

On last 6 current form we have (first row) (required given our last 6)

Norwich:              1.00  = 1.00 

Burnley:                0.17 < 1.00   

Ipswich:               0.67 < 1.00

Luton:                  0.83 < 1.23    

Barnsley:              1.50 > 1.42  

QPR:                    0.67 < 1.38

Hull:                     0.83 < 1.54  

Southend:             1.17 < 1.75

Leeds:                  1.17 < 1.62

So based on the last 6 current form we would finish above 7 teams

(Ipswich, Luton, Leeds, Southend, || Hull, QPR, Burnley in that order)

and behind Barnsley of the current bottom 9. Sheffield Wednesday are

bottom of the last 6 tables.

Latest form tables...

http://www.4thegame.com/statistics/championship/tables/currentform.html

Further to this to build perhaps a better picture (based on the last 11 games played)....

Pld       F      A    Pts

Hull City                                 11      15     14   15

Southend Utd                         11      14     14   15

Ipswich                                   11        7     12   13

Barnsley                                 11      10    17   12

Luton                                      11      12    16    11

Leeds                                     11      11    17     10 

QPR                                        11       7    16     10

Norwich                                  11      10   17       8

Burnley                                  11        5   14       4