Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

after chelsea, who believes grant is the right man for city?

after chelsea, did we see the first green (and yellow!) shoots of recovery.  if grant can get similar performances next season - we''d surely look more like a top 6 rather than bottom 6 team in the champs.i''m optimistic grant can get us challenging next year.  duffy seems a shrewd move and gunny is, well gunny - nuf said.can grant get us promoted by the end of his 3 year? contract - i''m saying yes! 

I don''t just think this after chelsea but i think grant really does have the potential to take us up even if it''s not next year but it will happen. He has enough drive and passion to do it. And yes he has made some questionable mistakes during his time here but remember this is his first managers job so is still learning. We are starting to see him build his own Norwich team.

He has my backing.

Lose 4-0 and he is the messiah?

Lets see if his man management skills can keep this momentum going. Interesting thread to revisit after the Preston and Cov matches.

Not after chelsea but more following the transfer window activity am I prepared to give him more time.

I was fairly optimistic after the Leeds match that Grant is the man to get us back to the Premier League and more importantly keep us their.  The Leeds and Blackpool matches highlight the differences at the club since Worthy left.  If we had played been playing those matches under Worthy was at the club there would have been no way that we would have come back from 1-0 down.  Grant has got the team playing with a passions commitment and spirit that we haven''t seen for a couple of years.

Grant seems to be trying to bring in decent ambitious youngesters with a point to prove and it seems to be starting to work, and so far, all of his signings appear to have been spot on. 

I know we have a long way to go and there will probably be some hiccups along the way, but, I''m confident Grant can get us promoted.

I can''t believe all this hysteria about a 4-0 defeat!!! Is it any wonder this club never goes anywhere whilst we are happy to exult in the aftermath of a 4-0 loss, and get all giddy because we got some praise from Mr Mourhino, BBC and co? (like they would have said anything else!!)

Will you all be so pleased should we lose, say, 4-0 tommorow night vs Preston?

[quote user="percyvarco"]

Lose 4-0 and he is the messiah?

Lets see if his man management skills can keep this momentum going. Interesting thread to revisit after the Preston and Cov matches.

[/quote]

Jesus......Makes you weep doesn''t it?

I thought he did a terrific job on Saturday. We only lost 4-0 because (a) Croft and Shackell couldn''t take their chances against the country''s top defence (b) they got lucky with the first two (c) we threw everybody forward at the end (d) we had played for two hours only a few days before and couldn''t rest anybody (e) we lost our first choice goalie after just 12 minutes which limited PG''s ability to make any tactical swiches until late on.

Tactics, selection, motivation, attitude, hunger generally spot on. Under Worthy we would have deen drowned. Anyone there at the game knew it wasn''t a 4-0 but more like a 2-1 on balance of play.

Messiah? No. Moving in the right direction? Absolutely.

Right man for the job ? maybe , will he get us promoted ? no , Grant will not be given enough money to get us up we just cannot compete with the Derbys , Birminghams and West Broms . At the end of the day its quality that will get you promoted not £100,000 buys from the bargain basement.

[quote user="ncfc1"]Right man for the job ? maybe , will he get us promoted ? no , Grant will not be given enough money to get us up we just cannot compete with the Derbys , Birminghams and West Broms . At the end of the day its quality that will get you promoted not £100,000 buys from the bargain basement.[/quote]

Not sure that Reading spelt that much last year and they truly walked the division (except for £1million for Lita).

I feel the "green shoots" of recovery are beginning to show through for the following reasons;

1. He has got most of the young players out on loan which we have all been saying should be done for years.

2. He is moving on the right players Fleming & Robinson have gone and it would appear that Thorne or McVeigh will soon follow.

3. He seem to be targetting much better players - Chadwick, Brown, Lappin & Fotheringham for a total of £600K would appear to be decent business.

4. He is gradually getting his own backroom staff in - Livermore & Webb out and replaced by Gunn and Duffy. Duffy in particular seems a good addition.

5. Generally the performances since the turn of the year have been better. Potential banana skins against Tamworth & Blackpool have been safely voided (something we generally failed to do under Worthy). We played well in defeats against Palace, Wolves & Chelsea. Beat an admittedly poor Leeds side. It is only the last 30 mins against Plymouth that have been truly awful this year.

6. Grant seems determind to shake the "little Norwich" tag off this club and for this alone he should be applauded.

However, there is still a very long way to go and we should not be getting carried away. If we can string a good set of results together over the next 6/7 games then maybe we can say a corner has been turned.

Some strange ideas last night, even allowing for injury, suspensions and tiredness. We have a problem with our league position. Now that the nice day out is over and we return to reality we still ain''t cutting it.

Sod the excuses we must do better on Saturday against Cov and thier ugly manager

time will tell.. but at the moment im 100% behind him.. he has made 1 or 2 "rookie" mistakes but as long as he learns and doesnt make them again i cant fault him.

jas :)

[quote user="percyvarco"]

Some strange ideas last night, even allowing for injury, suspensions and tiredness. We have a problem with our league position. Now that the nice day out is over and we return to reality we still ain''t cutting it.

Sod the excuses we must do better on Saturday against Cov and thier ugly manager

[/quote]

I think Grant is doing an ok job but for god sake he has his hands tied...  may get us promoted in the next 3 years but from which division and under what boardroom set up???

As for Dowie, he may be an ugly git but I would prefer him here to Granty any day of the week!!!

I think, despite the score, which everyone agrees was not a fair reflection, the Chelsea match was encouraging. In many ways we played better than we did while in the Premiership - keeping them out for so long and having such good scoring opportunities, and especially the never-say-die attitude with which they played.Even the Preston result showed promise - two goals down and we then matched them - away at one of the play-off teams!Things are coming right, except in the scoring department. If Crofty can put his attempts inside the woodwork, Chadders can score a few, Shacks get more from accurate corners, and Martin add, when Ernie is restored I think that we shall be quite a formidable side.To avoid relegation, if the defence can concentrate for 90 m inutes, and we can find a goal poaching striker like Ernie, then we should have a good prospect.

thought the origonal question warrented an answer after the celebrations of the 4-0 defeat had died down and posted to say so.

We have achieved 1 point from 6 and wasted another home game opportunity to collect 3 points.

All I hear from PG is sob stories about injuries etc. With our busy schedule this is not going to improve.

I do not understand why Colin is now out of favour, surley playing a full back in his position gives PG another midfiled option with Hughes who is streets ahead of the performances Etuhu has been putting in in league games.

Earnie is injured PG - deal with it. Martin shows early promise, Brown has shown me nothing.

We haven''t or won''t spend money in our current position as we are months away from loosing our Prem money and possibly our fizzy league status. This board does not understand speculate to accumulate, if it did we would still be in the Prem.

If PG is the man for the job he will now be showing his man management skills and creating a "team" with a desire to fight and suceed.

I did not see that on Saturday.